Thread: Ez2000

Thanks

Default Ez2000

Does none know how to do a factory reset on a super jack EZ 2000 ... the very brief manual does not explain

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

This is the reason why to keep all paperwork + the manual because sometime they give this info on separate bit of paperwork. If it does not have a reset button behind it could be done with a series of buttons on the ir control if it has one + re powering.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 20-02-17 at 10:40 AM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I have never used an actuator but I thought they were simply the devise to move the dish when commanded to do so by a separate controller box and while I am guessing, you start with the actuator/jack in the fully wound in position.

You could try to use google asking for Super jack EZ2000 Manuals
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Faceache View Post
    Does none know how to do a factory reset on a super jack EZ 2000 ... the very brief manual does not explain
    I've used a few of the Superjack EZ2000 positioners in the past but do not recall that a reset is possible. Certainly, the manual makes no mention of a reset as you have already stated.

This however should not be a problem as you can simply "overwrite" an existing position with a new one.

If you are worried that someone might choose a position which no longer applies, simply rewrite it, i.e. make that position a duplicate.

The same comment applies to setting new limits.

A word of warning: DO NOT rely on positioner limits only, in order to prevent the dish from moving too far and subsequently "crashing". Set the East and West hard limit switches incorporated in the actuator also.

I have always set the positioner limits so that they are reached BEFORE the actuator limits are reached.

I have seen many dishes and actuators damaged by relying solely on "soft" positioner settings.

Edit:
    Is there a small hole in the remote control housing (front, near the top, perhaps labelled "Reset") into which a pin can be inserted for 10 seconds or so in order to actuate a reset switch?
    Last edited by tristen; 20-02-17 at 03:18 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    I've used a few of the Superjack EZ2000 positioners in the past but do not recall that a reset is possible. Certainly, the manual makes no mention of a reset as you have already stated.

This however should not be a problem as you can simply "overwrite" an existing position with a new one.

If you are worried that someone might choose a position which no longer applies, simply rewrite it, i.e. make that position a duplicate.

The same comment applies to setting new limits.

A word of warning: DO NOT rely on positioner limits only, in order to prevent the dish from moving too far and subsequently "crashing". Set the East and West hard limit switches incorporated in the actuator also.

I have always set the positioner limits so that they are reached BEFORE the actuator limits are reached.

I have seen many dishes and actuators damaged by relying solely on "soft" positioner settings.

Edit:
    Is there a small hole in the remote control housing (front, near the top, perhaps labelled "Reset") into which a pin can be inserted for 10 seconds or so in order to actuate a reset switch?
    Ok thanks it gives me something to look into later once I return home... also thx for the advice on setting limits on actuator and unit

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tristen View Post
    Set the East and West hard limit switches incorporated in the actuator also.
    I only do this. Most Actuators are easy to do and they are accurate too.

Group 1 Owner
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 742 Posts

There's a master reset on the remote. You need a small pin to activate it. Hold it on for 3sec etc
    Cheers, Saintaholic