Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do parents refuse to vaccinate their children

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dishtrackted View Post
    You can white knight the Liberals all you like but Abbots decision was a religious and ideological one.
    No different to Paleo Petes but with a lot less science involved
    Really? I see no mention of ideology or religion (I would have said stupidity) in anything but your Abbott hating post....

It's just as well for all of us that YOU are the only one that knows whats REALLY going on in everyones mind....I guess its the voices hey?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (26-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Has anyone seen a baby with Whooping Cough?
    I have and I cant watch it without my eyes leaking....

I have 3 kids that have all been vaccinated, certainly worth the risk.

BTW, comments about child vaccinations from people without children don't mean squat.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shagga66 For This Useful Post:

enf (26-02-17),lsemmens (27-02-17),VroomVroom (27-02-17),WhiteOx (27-02-17),william10 (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    I'm pretty sure the child is born with Autism, not contract it as a result of a needle?????

Maybe they just don't want their kids growing up to be a politician???
    My 3rd kid is 17 years old now and has autism....when he was 1 year old he was speaking to us calling us mum and dad and when he was 18 months he got the triple vaccine MMR and since then he did not spoke to us....so PORKOP you dont know what ur talking about and i wish i never vaccinated my kid cause that ####ed up his and our lives completeley .
    Android TV boxes: Nvidia Shield U Box 4K, Rickomagic 808b, Rickomagic 802
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya
    AZbox Premium , dm8000 , VU+ Duo, Ultra Plus 900 and other none Linux boxes

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to novica For This Useful Post:

kclar (28-02-17),Rick (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    This is not the freeking dark ages , people who dont vaccinate thier kids are just plain stupid , they are probably stupid enough to believe in god as well.
    I dont care who profits out of it I will pay whatever required to make sure all vaccinations are up to date. I even pay for my grandkids to get the optional Men B vaccine because of the unvaccinated monkeys they mix with at daycare.
    If i can curse you i would, that your wife or your doughters give birth to autistic kids and then you will change the tune!!!!!!.....who did not raise or live with a severe autistic child ,can only talk shit without real life experiance
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Thanks

vroomvroom and porkop watch this:

Why did USA government paid US$2.5 billion in compensation if MMR does not cause autism???
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

• The Following User Says Thank You to novica For This Useful Post:

Rick (27-02-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

my kids got the MMR in the early 90s, just like every other child did in the school vax program , no big deal . I attribute thier good health to the fact that they WERE vaccinated. So ,i am not changing my tune. As i said , i am paying for my grandkids to be done , to protect them againt stupid parents who dont bother to vaccinate. If you want real life experience why dont you take a trip to Aisa , or South Africa , or South America where they dont have vaccinations ?

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by novica View Post
    My 3rd kid is 17 years old now and has autism....when he was 1 year old he was speaking to us calling us mum and dad and when he was 18 months he got the triple vaccine MMR and since then he did not spoke to us....so PORKOP you dont know what ur talking about and i wish i never vaccinated my kid cause that ####ed up his and our lives completeley .
    There is no scientific link between MMR and Autism.

A quote from elsewhere on the net:
    Some parents and families of children with autism believe that the Measles/Mumps/ Rubella (MMR) vaccine caused their children's autism. ... Because the symptoms of autism begin to occur around the same time as the child's MMR vaccination, parents and families see the vaccine as the cause of the autism.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

shagga66 (27-02-17),VroomVroom (27-02-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

whats the big deal either way, measles and mumps are hardly life threatening, i caught both when i was young....

I hated needles, i used to hide when the school ones were done, never got vaccinated at all...

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

novica (27-02-17),Rick (27-02-17)

Administrator

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    whats the big deal either way, measles and mumps are hardly life threatening,
    lol
    In 2008 there were 164,000 deaths worldwide due to measles.

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

enf (27-02-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

@novica My sister has autistic grandchildren and I have autistic great-grandchildren - they all started out as normal babies. At about 12 - 18months they started to show symptoms, some before, and some after the the MMR vaccine. As has been stated, there is no causal link demonstrated, it just happens to be co-incidental that the symptoms began to appear at about the same time. FWIW extreme brilliance can sometimes be mistaken as severe autism. There were some who thought my six year old grandson was on the autistic spectrum however, testing has put him, not in Autism, but, at the other end as a genius (in the true sense of the word). I'm not sure what his IQ is, but > 150 seems to ring a bell. An autistic child may become fantastic at just one thing in their lives or be as . Do not misjudge a "medical" condition as a disability.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

william10 (27-02-17)

Banned
    Thanks

whats the big deal either way, measles and mumps are hardly life threatening, i caught both when i was young....
    This is the moronic attitude that is one of the underlying issues that is preventing universal vaccination. They are life threatening - just because you did not have any issues doesn't mean these diseases are not life threatening. My brother and myself are of an age that as children the only vaccination we had was for polio - I can remember kids who had polio and had to wear leg braces. As children we had measles and all the rest and had no issues but I do remember a kid from school dying from measles.

In later life my 55 yo brother suffered whopping cough (we did not have it as kids) - it is bad enough seeing a baby with their nice new lungs with it but see what it does to an older person with it - not pretty at all.

Yes there are some issues with vaccinations for some people but he chance are having an issue are so small and minute compared the issues associated with catching one of these diseases.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    lol

yes, but what proprtion of those were in 3rd world countries where the children were already in poor health before contracting measles ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

novica (27-02-17)

Administrator

Thanks

yes, but what proprtion of those were in 3rd world countries where the children were already in poor health before contracting measles ?
    Does it matter?
    They'd most likely still be alive had they been vaccinated.
    The point is measles can and does kill!

• The Following User Says Thank You to WhiteOx For This Useful Post:

VroomVroom (27-02-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

With the greatest of respect and sympathy to novica, how anyone in a civilised country can not immunise their kids is beyond me. Its a teenieweenie risk to be sure, but the other side of the coin lands far too often for my liking.

We gamble with our kids lives and health everyday even if its a safe and sure bet. I mean I let my six ride and walk to school from the moment they could. I know parents who were apoplectic about our attitude, but we figured that it was healthy and we drove them only when it was wet....I could see where IT was going early on and I knew that we were breeding a generation of tech junkies...and we have.

Now my youngest is like that, but she still exercises and walks everywhere even though she is crosseyed at her f*cking phone. Many of her friends think their legs are just to get to the pantry for 2 minute noodles and then to the dunny to remove them later...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    my kids got the MMR in the early 90s, just like every other child did in the school vax program , no big deal . I attribute thier good health to the fact that they WERE vaccinated. So ,i am not changing my tune. As i said , i am paying for my grandkids to be done , to protect them againt stupid parents who dont bother to vaccinate. If you want real life experience why dont you take a trip to Aisa , or South Africa , or South America where they dont have vaccinations ?
    You are not changing your tune but you would if you had autistic kids.....I reckon the Aussies are very "SMART" and Americans stupid as ,cause they are paying compensation and admit that vaccines are at fault.As long as we have people in this country like vroom vroom,porkop,whiteox.....we will continue to have more and more cases of autism ,more ruined life's and family's
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Rick (27-02-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    @novica My sister has autistic grandchildren and I have autistic great-grandchildren - they all started out as normal babies. At about 12 - 18months they started to show symptoms, some before, and some after the the MMR vaccine. As has been stated, there is no causal link demonstrated, it just happens to be co-incidental that the symptoms began to appear at about the same time. FWIW extreme brilliance can sometimes be mistaken as severe autism. There were some who thought my six year old grandson was on the autistic spectrum however, testing has put him, not in Autism, but, at the other end as a genius (in the true sense of the word). I'm not sure what his IQ is, but > 150 seems to ring a bell. An autistic child may become fantastic at just one thing in their lives or be as . Do not misjudge a "medical" condition as a disability.
    Lucky YOU......I wish I had one of your kids...lol
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Administrator

Thanks

.As long as we have people in this country like vroom vroom,porkop,whiteox.....we will continue to have more and more cases of autism ,more ruined life's and family's
    Honestly mate while you have my sympathy, you're looking for someone/something to blame.
    If the vaccine was at fault don't you think there would be thousands of more kids with Autism?

Thanks

If you see that something does not work ,or it is doing more harm (every year there are more cases of autism),then you stop.Some vaccines like polio are proven and helped and I am not against it ,but most other vaccines it's just for profit .
    Still if I can go back and have a choice I rather let my kid die from measles,mums ( I had it when I was a kid in Serbia and didn't die) then watch that kid 24/7 suffer, and the rest of the family with him......easy for everyone to have sympathy and be so smart with opinions without real life experiences .
    Last edited by novica; 27-02-17 at 05:55 PM.
    Raspberry Pi 2, Ouya

Rick (27-02-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

thats exactly why we should vaccinate - the monkeys in those countries dont do it so we should protect ourselves from them

Thanks

As long as we have people in this country like vroom vroom,porkop,whiteox.....we will continue to have more and more cases of autism ,more ruined life's and family's
    Mate with all due respect, have you seen experts about your child, Are you seriously saying that your families life is ruined because of Autism....Please don't post what you think of children born with Down's syndrome...

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast