Thread: Kogan KALED553DSMTZA HD TV 'JRM Servicecontainer has stopped' error

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Kogan KALED553DSMTZA HD TV 'JRM Servicecontainer has stopped' error

Any ideas on what this error implies?
    The message is persistent (comes back after OKing it), remote has partial functionality like volume controls only.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Don't know if this is the answer, but, how's your Google?

KALED553DSMTZA

Firmware version V1.0.35 When attempting to turn the tv off using the remote control power button, from the shop screen the following error is returned "Unfortunately, JRM-ServiceContainer has stopped". When attempting to turn the tv off using the remote control power button, from within one of the inputs, for this example DTV, the following error is returned "Unfortunately, Launcher has stopped" and "Unfortunately, TV has stopped" The only way to turn the tv off is to use the manual power switch to the side of the tv. Is there any solution to this issue?

Andrew asked on Oct 11, 2016
    Answer this
    Kogan
    Kogan Official
    Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your question and we're sorry to hear that you've been experiencing issues with your TV.

We'd recommend re-installing the firmware which should resolve the problems that you've run into.

You can find the instructions to do so below:

If you need any further assistance at all, please don't hesitate to contact our team on 1300 304 292 or at the following link:

Kogan replied on Oct 17, 2016

• The Following User Says Thank You to tw2005 For This Useful Post:

Skepticist (02-03-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I should get my hands on the set in the next day or so and was going to try doing a factory reset initially, then a firmware upgrade. Downloaded the firmware - thanks for the link and info that confirms it's most likely a software glitch Seems a factory reset requires the remote 'menu' button to operate and the owner said that button (and many others) now do nothing, wondered if there's another way to access that menu to do a reset without using the remote?

Should be much clearer on the situation by tomorrow night.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skepticist View Post
    I should get my hands on the set in the next day or so and was going to try doing a factory reset initially, then a firmware upgrade. Downloaded the firmware - thanks for the link and info that confirms it's most likely a software glitch Seems a factory reset requires the remote 'menu' button to operate and the owner said that button (and many others) now do nothing, wondered if there's another way to access that menu to do a reset without using the remote?

braver than I, I find having a programmable remote like a basic Logitech an invaluable item in situations like this. Assuming it has kogans in their database.

Remote may just need a clean unless the batteries have leaked or maybe it's part of the issue and the mainboard is on the way out.

Thanks

braver than I, I find having a programmable remote like a basic Logitech an invaluable item in situations like this. Assuming it has kogans in their database.

Remote may just need a clean unless the batteries have leaked or maybe it's part of the issue and the mainboard is on the way out.

What part of this nation are you hiding in?

Premium Member
    Thanks

First step will be to confirm the remote is working but it's a reasonable certainty in this case that the remote is fine, the problem being the set not responding to it (not all commands with a few exceptions like the volume controls). All will be revealed soon as I get up close & personal with it as currently all I have is a few SMS messages to go by. It's a favor for a friend not a commercial job and I hope to save the set from the waste station if possible.

I'm in the south island - Tassie

Thanks

First step will be to confirm the remote is working but it's a reasonable certainty in this case that the remote is fine, the problem being the set not responding to it (not all commands with a few exceptions like the volume controls). All will be revealed soon as I get up close & personal with it as currently all I have is a few SMS messages to go by. It's a favor for a friend not a commercial job and I hope to save the set from the waste station if possible.

I'm in the south island - Tassie
    Pity, if you were in SE Q I have a remote from a 46" Kogan, looks in appearance the same as the remote pictured on gummie of the same TV.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Solved by a firmware update and getting the set to load off the USB stick was the hardest part - everything working as before now after re-scanning stations etc

Premium Member
    Thanks

double posted
    Last edited by Skepticist; 03-03-17 at 11:51 PM. Reason: The old double post trick

Thanks

Solved by a firmware update and getting the set to load off the USB stick was the hardest part - everything working as before now after re-scanning stations etc
    nice one, a free fix