Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Mototrbo CPS compatibility

  1. #1
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Reputation
    150

    Default Mototrbo CPS compatibility

    Hi.

    Does the CPS R14 build 738 can program XPR4550 and XPR6550 radios with firmware R01.12.17 in them or they are too old? If so, what is the latest compatible CPS revision for both of them?

    Thanks!



Look Here ->
  • #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 111 Times in 37 Posts
    Rep Power
    93
    Reputation
    2206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinsky View Post
    Hi.

    Does the CPS R14 build 738 can program XPR4550 and XPR6550 radios with firmware R01.12.17 in them or they are too old? If so, what is the latest compatible CPS revision for both of them?

    Thanks!
    I programmed a XPR4550 today and it worked fine.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to snig64 For This Useful Post:

    vinsky (20-03-17)

  • #3
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 420 Times in 225 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    7074

    Default

    CPS 14.0 (738) is fine for both of those radios/FW.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to Megabytexts For This Useful Post:

    Filipe Passos (21-03-17)

  • #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    306
    Thanks
    173
    Thanked 98 Times in 45 Posts
    Rep Power
    88
    Reputation
    1970

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinsky View Post
    Hi.

    Does the CPS R14 build 738 can program XPR4550 and XPR6550 radios with firmware R01.12.17 in them or they are too old? If so, what is the latest compatible CPS revision for both of them?

    Thanks!
    may be need to an upgrade the FW...

  • #5
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Reputation
    150

    Default

    Thank you to both of you for your answers. Megabytexts I also hex edited the .dll in the CPS and everything works like a charm for 25kHz here in Canada.

    By the way I saw NA, LA, EMEA but what does HAVN mean?
    Last edited by vinsky; 20-03-17 at 11:33 AM.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to vinsky For This Useful Post:

    Filipe Passos (21-03-17)

  • #6
    Junior Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    167
    Thanks
    42
    Thanked 178 Times in 59 Posts
    Rep Power
    142
    Reputation
    3570

    Default

    The version R01.12.17 is the last version for these models of radios

  • The Following User Says Thank You to dhenar For This Useful Post:

    seguintel (05-04-17)

  • #7
    Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    389
    Thanks
    69
    Thanked 166 Times in 97 Posts
    Rep Power
    153
    Reputation
    3115

    Default

    ^^ what he said. R01.12.17 was the final firmware for the Gen1 radios. No further updates will be coming unless a major issue was discovered.

  • #8
    Senior Member
    source's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    538
    Thanks
    40
    Thanked 244 Times in 111 Posts
    Rep Power
    138
    Reputation
    4955

    Default

    i think figure it out meaning havn-honduras america venezuela north .or it is hungray
    Leaving honest comments gives others a good idea .


    HIT BUTTON YES THE THANKS ONE


  • #9
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Reputation
    150

    Default


  • #10
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Rep Power
    1004
    Reputation
    39281

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinsky View Post
    Thank you to both of you for your answers. Megabytexts I also hex edited the .dll in the CPS and everything works like a charm for 25kHz here in Canada.

    By the way I saw NA, LA, EMEA but what does HAVN mean?
    I highly recommend that the firmware in the radio match the CPS version being used. The current firmware is v2.7.1 or .3 and CPS v14 Build 738.

    Only those needing to have wideband channels need to use the modified file to enable 25khz. This applies to only users using the AA region CPS all other regions do not force narrowbanding.

    HAVN is the header used to identify the series of CPS. it generally does not have much to do with the regions, its more of a CPS family identifier.

  • #11
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    46
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 7 Times in 7 Posts
    Rep Power
    40
    Reputation
    150

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lynt123 View Post
    I highly recommend that the firmware in the radio match the CPS version being used. The current firmware is v2.7.1 or .3 and CPS v14 Build 738.

    Only those needing to have wideband channels need to use the modified file to enable 25khz. This applies to only users using the AA region CPS all other regions do not force narrowbanding.

    HAVN is the header used to identify the series of CPS. it generally does not have much to do with the regions, its more of a CPS family identifier.

    Ok so the other posts about firmware are not correct? Are you sure I can go over R01.12.17 with old radios like the XPR4550 and 6550?

    No choice for me about the 25 kHz channel spacing. We still have a lot of wideband here.

    Thank you.

  • #12
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 420 Times in 225 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    7074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vinsky View Post
    Ok so the other posts about firmware are not correct? Are you sure I can go over R01.12.17 with old radios like the XPR4550 and 6550?

    No choice for me about the 25 kHz channel spacing. We still have a lot of wideband here.

    Thank you.
    lynt has got that part wrong.

    R01.12.17 is the latest version for Gen 1 radios -- both 4550 and the 6550 are Gen 1.

    Here's the current firmware list for trbo on MOL.

    Last edited by Megabytexts; 21-03-17 at 09:51 AM.

  • #13
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Rep Power
    1004
    Reputation
    39281

    Default

    Actually I was referring to v2.0 radios but thank you for the clarification Mega.

    The info about 25khz is still true only America is forcing narrowbanding although Canada seems to be just following along. Members with AS,EMEA and LA region radios do not need to worry about narrobanding. If that changes it will be mentioned and discussed on this site.

  • #14
    Banned

    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    579
    Thanks
    149
    Thanked 420 Times in 225 Posts
    Rep Power
    0
    Reputation
    7074

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lynt123 View Post
    Actually I was referring to v2.0 radios but thank you for the clarification Mega.
    Not trying to step on your toes, bro. The distinction between Gen 1 and 2 just wasn't very clear in your post.

  • #15
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    4,075
    Thanks
    608
    Thanked 2,089 Times in 1,175 Posts
    Rep Power
    1004
    Reputation
    39281

    Default

    NP my toes are fine LOL. It is good that you made the distinction.

  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •