Thread: Looking to update my FTA recording setup (help please)

Thanks

Default Looking to update my FTA recording setup (help please)

Hi there

New to the forum, hoping I can get pointed (pushed is fine too) in the right direction

I have been running a windows media centre pc for well over 10 years started back in the xp days moved onto windows 7

I have a main server and I use Xbox 360s as extenders. Everything was great for a long time and with a young family just kept it all going as it did it's job

The issue I am having now is that it is really showing it's age and the limitations with the 360s is really starting to annoy me I run a little movie box as well now as the Xbox can't stream my backups well at all... also the box needs to be rebooted weekly or my TV guide goes missing

So the time has come to bring everything up to 2017... so what I am looking to do is get rid of windows media centre and run tv recording on that server (no idea what os/program to use) and then use android boxes to watch live/recorded tv and stream my backups from the nas... also having the ability to go through the guide and recording on the server from the android box would be necessary

Any help would be appreciated

Sorry for the long post

Sergio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

As an aside, I have found setting a program to record via the EPG aint all its cracked up to be with the previous show over running its published end time and this is not just semi live shows MKR (My Kitchen Rules) and 60 Minutes etc !!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks

I always pad my recordings half hour fixes most issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk