Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: halal certification

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

I'm going to head into the Butchers i mentioned earlier in the thread.
    From memory, all their cryovac wrappings have the Halal Cert symbol printed on them
    But for meat in the black foam tray with clingfilm covering, i don't think it does.

So what is with that?
    If a company is paying money for the cert, then it is across the board.
    I'll go and have a look around and report back.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Rick (29-03-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

For anyone that wants to boycott Halal food, I recommend this site and also recommend chucking them $5 and in return getting the Halal Choice guide that lists all supermarket products that have paid Halal fees to Islamic Organisations.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

mtv (29-03-17),Rick (29-03-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    I don't either, I just don't see why they are allowed to extort money from all of us to finance their boogaboo....which is all it is....
    Companies apply to be certified by these organisations, to get their products out to a wider market. It's just the lure of the extra dollars, for the companies that do.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I'm going to head into the Butchers i mentioned earlier in the thread.
    From memory, all their cryovac wrappings have the Halal Cert symbol printed on them
    But for meat in the black foam tray with clingfilm covering, i don't think it does.

So what is with that?
    If a company is paying money for the cert, then it is across the board.
    I'll go and have a look around and report back.
    Good question. They may have different suppliers for their meat? Maybe the cling wrapped stuff is butchered on the premises, and the cryo stuff is bought in from one of the larger distributors, where most of their meet is certified?

I've never really bothered to look much beyond where the country of origin is, or whether it is certified grass fed as opposed to raised on grain and finished on grass.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Good question. They may have different suppliers for their meat? Maybe the cling wrapped stuff is butchered on the premises, and the cryo stuff is bought in from one of the larger distributors, where most of their meet is certified?

I've never really bothered to look much beyond where the country of origin is, or whether it is certified grass fed as opposed to raised on grain and finished on grass.
    Nope, this business is the Abattoir, Wholesaler and Retailer, all under one roof!
    Mid Field Meats is a Meat Processing Plant from Beast to Retail in one place.
    The cattle yards are literally across the road and the rest is trucked in alive to be slaughtered.

Why i want to go back there, is to take a photo of the Halal Cert symbol on their cryovaced pork rolls
    Because i'm pretty saw that is where i last saw one

Here is some info:
    Last edited by ol' boy; 29-03-17 at 03:04 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Rick (29-03-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Nope, this business is the Abattoir, Wholesaler and Retailer, all under one roof!
    Mid Field Meats is a Meat Processing Plant from Beast to Retail in one place.
    The cattle yards are literally across the road and the rest is trucked in alive to be slaughtered.

Why i want to go back there, is to take a photo of the Halal Cert symbol on their cryovaced pork rolls
    Because i'm pretty saw that is where i last saw one

Here is some info:
    Someone will be in the poo if that is the case, they've stuffed up the packaging somehow. Aldi did something similar with Halal certified black pudding.

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

It shows you how sensitive they are today.
    I was in coles with my wife in the meat section and I said JOKING to one of the staff I found this pork meat with the Halal meat. The Staff women look at Me (Being Black) she possible thought I was a Muslim and with 5 minutes came back with a manager or someone with authority and took all the meat the good meat the meat that is good to eat our meat not the Halal stuff into the trolleys and took it away.
    Last edited by Mr 672A; 30-03-17 at 10:10 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    ...she possible thought I was a Muslim...
    You have to quit going to the shops with such a long beard and wearing your turban...
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

Mr 672A (31-03-17)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12