Thread: Setting up IP camera, are the secure

Thanks

Default Setting up IP camera, are they secure

I recently purchased a couple of IP cameras .
    Setup was pretty good with mobile phone and yoosee app.

Setup yousee account with username and password and login
    Add Cameras by camera ID and password
    this is local network only and doesnt support WWW acces so it should be secure ? I think

I also wondered if I could access the cameras via the web so downloaded Omniver app and installed

Setup Onvifer for local viewing from cameras detected by app but didnt need camera ID or password to view cameras, fair enough local ip addresses found
    With Onvifer I now used my routers Static address from my ISP and port fowarded necessary ports etc to the cameras and connected via the mobile phone (not wireless) and I was suprised that I was able to see the rtsp video stream without using the camera ID or Password

So just wondering are these streams available to anyone on the internet. ? In my case Im not too worried as I just want to see my garage and street from my phone. I would also like to setup one of thease for my daughter so she can monitor her kids ( from work) when we babysit but not if they are insecure

any ideas would be helpful
    thanks thomo
    Last edited by RedXT; 28-03-17 at 08:34 PM.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Thread moved to CCTV section.

Thanks

thanks mate, sorry about that

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by h8fg4 View Post
    I recently purchased a couple of IP cameras .
    Setup was pretty good with mobile phone and yoosee app.

Setup yousee account with username and password and login
    Add Cameras by camera ID and password
    this is local network only and doesnt support WWW acces so it should be secure ? I think
    If its local network the only way it could be accessed is via wifi, so as long as thats secure that is ok.

I also wondered if I could access the cameras via the web so downloaded Omniver app and installed

Setup Onvifer for local viewing from cameras detected by app but didnt need camera ID or password to view cameras, fair enough local ip addresses found
    With Onvifer I now used my routers Static address from my ISP and port fowarded necessary ports etc to the cameras and connected via the mobile phone (not wireless) and I was suprised that I was able to see the rtsp video stream without using the camera ID or Password

So just wondering are these streams available to anyone on the internet. ? In my case Im not too worried as I just want to see my garage and street from my phone. I would also like to setup one of thease for my daughter so she can monitor her kids ( from work) when we babysit but not if they are insecure

any ideas would be helpful
    thanks thomo
    If you have a username and password, that is what is required to view the stream over the internet. (sorry, and port)

Perhaps its using the login details from the local connection ?

I have a cheap 4 camera system installed on my house an use an app called RXCamPro (free) to view my cameras on my phone or tablet when I am out. In the "device manager" section, I have :

Address : IP address or in my case a np ip XXXXXXX.bounceme.net as I have a dynamic IP
    Client Port : 9000 (port used for streaming to mobile
    User name : self explanatory
    Password : self explanatory

I would recommend doing some testing on a separate unrelated device to see if there are any issues.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

RedXT (29-03-17)

Thanks

Tested again away from home and used Onvifer app on phone and added camera and link such as "rtsp://323,322,345,122:554/onvif1" (not actual ip) and connected fine no camera id or password needed.
    I do have port 80, 554 and 5000 fowarded to the local camera Ip but I still thought it would need the camera id etc ?

Thanks

If it did not ask you for username and password, i would disconnect them right now. Your probably already compromised. Port spiders are everywhere and good chance they have hit your IP and logged it. At the least change the port numbers you are forwarded from Wan side.

• The Following User Says Thank You to realistix For This Useful Post:

RedXT (01-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by realistix View Post
    If it did not ask you for username and password, i would disconnect them right now. Your probably already compromised. Port spiders are everywhere and good chance they have hit your IP and logged it. At the least change the port numbers you are forwarded from Wan side.
    As I said Im not worried about the one in my shed or the street view so much but I would like to vew them from my mobile securely so what is the best way ?

thanks thomo
    Last edited by RedXT; 01-04-17 at 11:54 AM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Is there anywhere in the settings that you have possibly set it up with no password ?

I can do it with mine, but mine is a different system.

My suggestion, download the app I use, RXCamPro its free from the app store. Can you setup and view your camera with it, and if so, do you need a password ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

RedXT (03-04-17)

Thanks

At the moment I have an old generic H264 dvr box with 4 cameras connected by bnc, its connected to my router and I can access those cameras via internet using mobile with vmeye+ app and its ok because it wont work without the username and password of the dvr, it has port 45678 and forwarded to dvr local 10,20,20,234 etc. What I want is a NVR box connected to the router same as dvr that supports generic ip cameras.

thanks again