Hello!
I've recently moved to a new rental which is "foxtel ready" (it was built in about 2011/2012 and is a large unit block - 13 levels) and so decided to get foxtel iQ2. As I was told the building was foxtel ready I got the self install kit which seemed easy enough. I connected everything and then called foxtel to activate and they said it would take a few minutes to then work. Unfortunately it did not, the TV would connect to the box (so I knew it wasn't an issue with the HDMI connection etc) but it just says no signal being received. I called back and they said everything was connected and should be working so it must be a problem at my place/the connection and the only way to fix it would be to send a technician out.
Apologies for any incorrect technical terms I use here but I'm assuming this is due to the aerial connection. In my wall I have two aerial output connections next to each other in the same wall thing and they both are the ones where you have to screw the aerial cable into it (thin pin, screws into it).
I tried both of them on the TV to see if i could at least get FTA, the aerial connection in the wall on the left didnt work, but the right one did - so I at least know that one works.
My foxtel box only has one aerial input on the back - but would it by any chance be that I need to have the two aerial connections in the wall connect to the one at the back of the foxtel box?
Has anyone had the same issue? Would prefer if I could fix it rather than try organise time off work to have them come out!
Thanks!