Thread: Samsung tv dual tuner ku band fta ok c band fta no go!

Thanks

Default Samsung tv dual tuner ku band fta ok c band fta no go!

Hi All can anyone help or advise ,im pulling my hair out with no success my samsung UAK5500 has two tuners one standard and on satellite the idea was to have this in the spare room to use as everything ,as all in the one package.
    My problem is it works ok on all ku fta new zealand and overseas intelsat19 ku but i cannot get it to work on c band ,yes i changed to local ocillator to 5150 or 5750 but still not go i have been in the service menu i beleive there is more advanced menu but dont know how access them to see if there was a tuner adjustment but nothing i suspect the inversion is not on for the cband mode or maybe off hence no signal i have been trying this on nhk fta cband also tried ewtn fta but no lock ,also signal level is ok so thats not an issue, The crazy thing is that the satellte list in the samsung tv shows c band satellites and frequecies and i have even add a new transponder frequency and sym but still will not reception, on a standard sat receiver i have no problems for cband, trying to get any sense out off samsung is a waste off time. hope someone can help thanks

PROBLEM FIXED convert cband frequency to lbnd then add this to ku local ocillator frequency and now i have signal
    Eg transponder frequency 4140 -5150 cband lo =1010 lband 1010+9750 ku lo=10760 ku frequency now enter this new frequency under the ku settings and i have signal it is possible that the satellite tuner in the tv does not recognize cband lo 5150 or 5750 but recognizes ku lo
    Last edited by digitaldvd; 05-04-17 at 01:49 PM.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Perhaps this will sound like a foolish question, but you do have a known currently working C-band dish (and LNB) aligned to Intelsat 19 connected to your Samsung receiver?

If so, what switching are you using (DiSEqC, 22KHz etc.) to allow changeover between the Ku-band and C-band dishes?

...and is the switching configured correctly in the appropriate menu on your Samsung receiver?

Additionally, is there another receiver currently connected to the C-band dish?

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Ah! I see that you have edited your post (while I was composing mine) and have indicated that the problem is now solved.

Good for you.

That said, the solution does not make sense to me, as that is not normally the way satellite receivers are set up.

To satisfy my curiosity, please elaborate on your set-up by addressing the questions I raised in my post #2.
    Last edited by tristen; 05-04-17 at 01:58 PM.