Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Optus D2 > Press TV off air?

Thanks

Press TV and RT (Russia Today) are on same political page so maybe they consolidated with them.
    Last edited by B52; 12-04-17 at 10:03 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Anyone care to guess what numbers their viewing audience of D2 KU band would be?

To be honest, OB, I’m amazed that any of these international broadcasters bother to put anything on Ku into Australia.

Let’s face it….none of them know anything about the AFL or the NRL, you never see any news items about My Kitchen Rules or The Voice, and they never have anything to say about house prices in Sydney or Melbourne.

They just rabbit on about what’s happening to about two-thirds of the world population in places with boring names like Russia, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa….places that are not even in the United States of America, for goodness sake!

Given that the average Australian probably thinks that the Ku band is a new group performing at the local RSL, I’d say the answer to your question would be …….not very many

When visitors to our place see the dishes in the backyard, they seem to think that I’m working for the CIA.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (12-04-17)

Thanks

BREAKING > Press TV back up 13/04/2017 @ 03:39 NZST.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lime700 For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (13-04-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lime700 View Post
    BREAKING > Press TV back up 13/04/2017 @ 03:39 NZST.
    Yep.....and iFilm as well.

Looks like the "commercial issues" were satisfactorily resolved.

Wonder how much Optus dropped their price

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    To be honest, OB, I’m amazed that any of these international broadcasters bother to put anything on Ku into Australia.

Let’s face it….none of them know anything about the AFL or the NRL, you never see any news items about My Kitchen Rules or The Voice, and they never have anything to say about house prices in Sydney or Melbourne.

They just rabbit on about what’s happening to about two-thirds of the world population in places with boring names like Russia, Europe, the Middle East, Asia, and Africa….places that are not even in the United States of America, for goodness sake!

Given that the average Australian probably thinks that the Ku band is a new group performing at the local RSL, I’d say the answer to your question would be …….not very many

When visitors to our place see the dishes in the backyard, they seem to think that I’m working for the CIA.
    Just imagine having 8 Dishes they defiantly think you are working for the CIA

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Just imagine having 8 Dishes they defiantly think you are working for the CIA
    It's OK though........once I tell them that we like to watch the news on RT (that is after I've explained to them what RT is)..........they realise that I'm not really working for the CIA........they've worked out that I'm actually working for the FSB

Anything foreign is....well...quite foreign...... to most Australians.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12