Thread: PDF repair utility needed

Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,492 Posts

Default PDF repair utility needed

I recently acquired a large number of technical service manuals in .pdf form. I have the current adobe reader as well as a couple of third party readers. All of the programs report that some of the .pdfs are corrupt. The ones not corrupt read fine in all of my readers. The manuals are what they say they are so there is little to no possibility of them being junk.
    This is an example of a corrupt manual.

What I am looking for is a utility that can repair if possible the .pdf. I have tried some of the free ones and had no luck. Im not surprised about that.

any help or a recommended program would really be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Unfortunately, I don't know of any PDF repair tools, but I looked at the file you uploaded to Mega and there is no 'pdf header' as is present in other known good pdf files I've examined.

It would be interesting to know if that is consistent in the other pdf files you have, which won't open.

Apart from that, I can offer no help at present, however I shall continue to research the problem and reply if I discover anything of value.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,679 Times in 1,492 Posts

tristen it wouldnt surprise me if they all have exactly the same issue. Ill take a look at seeing if I can reinsert the missing header.

I downloaded a editing utility and guess what it says the .pdf is passworded. Interesting. The research continues.
    Last edited by lynt123; 23-04-17 at 05:58 AM.