Thread: Gas Hot Water conversion

Thanks

Default Gas Hot Water conversion

Hi all. My electric hot water system has failed on me so i have decided to use the Gas hot water system that is attached to the house. It was a NG hot water system that was converted to LPG a while back (different gas manifold for NG and LPG) when this was done there where no changes made to the settings on the unit because because at the time i didn't have any installed control panels and the person who completed the conversion said "it will be inefficient until you put a controller on and change the gas settings"

Does anyone know how to do this? i have tried downloading the manual but there is no reference to this setting that needs changing.

i go through about 8kg of lpg per month.

Regards

Barry

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

I dont know what the Laws are in Queensland regarding who can do what to Gas appliances but I would be extremely careful as they can be quite dangerous.
    Even if you find someone to fit these controls, if its a few years old, would it be worth the cost or better to get a new HWS already fitted with the control panels?
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!