Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Qantas CEO Alan Joyce Gets Pie In His Face ... Literally

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Default Qantas CEO Alan Joyce Gets Pie In His Face ... Literally

It will be interesting to find out more about the offender's relationship with Mr. Joyce.... perhaps a disgruntled employee?

As for Mr. Joyce... it makes a change from egg on his face.

Look Here ->

Thanks

A wild guess might be a protest against the companies' push on marriage equality.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Wouldn't be the first time a QANTAS employee has been unloaded in the face with a cream filling
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

irritant (09-05-17)

Thanks

LOL... looks like Fred Nile !

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

enf (09-05-17),mtv (09-05-17),OSIRUS (09-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    LOL... looks like Fred Nile !
    It sure does!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

What is more alarming, is that was just a pie, a BIG Pie
    What if it was a gun, knife, bomb or acid.

Perhaps something Security would over look as "non suspicious"..... But i think some questions need to be asked.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 09-05-17 at 06:17 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (09-05-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

I find all this a tad confusing...

I seem to remember a bunch of people on this board, including myself, railing against this guy for "destroying Qantas".

But hasn't he turned it around to the point that the staff there are now receiving bonuses. And isn't it once again turning a profit?

I may be totally wrong and I didn't google any of that.

And yeah PZ, he REALLY looks like Fred Nile.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PZ. View Post
    A wild guess might be a protest against the companies' push on marriage equality.

Confirmed today...

That proves it. Fred Nile has gone the extra mile

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Mr Overheu, 67, is a devout Christian and senior member of the Church of Christ and Full Gospel Business Men's Fellowship International.
    LOL, lucky that these 'Fellows' didn't kidnap Joyce and burn him at the stake.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nomeat View Post
    LOL, lucky that these 'Fellows' didn't kidnap Joyce and burn him at the stake.
    OR cut his head off......oh, thats right....different zealots..
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Administrator
    Thanks

Then you have bible-bashing homophobics that refuse to travel on Qantas.

"Margaret Court bans Qantas over gay stance "

Probably didn't bother her that some of her tennis opponents and team members may have been gay... or the gay 'christians' she preaches to.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post

Probably didn't bother her that some of her tennis opponents and team members may have been gay... or the gay 'christians' she preaches to.
    No problem with that response for me - because it's harmless.

Better than shoving a pie in the face at any rate.

Thanks

The whole issue is f$%^d up, from memory qantas under Joyce partnered up with Emirates who owners belong to a faith don't show much tolerance to gays.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by knowabit1 View Post
    The whole issue is f$%^d up, from memory qantas under Joyce partnered up with Emirates who owners belong to a faith don't show much tolerance to gays.
    True, but every airline has a high percentage of staff, predominately male cabin crew, that are gay, including those companies based in countries that are anti-gay.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post

Whats the problem with this? Isn't she as free to express herself as Joyce in a free country?

She and I may disagree, but so what? You either allow free speech or you don't. Wait until Labor expand 18c to include gays and every other minority.....as they have planned. The Thought Police cometh..

Under Labor’s proposal, advocates of same-sex marriage would be empowered, for example, to take legal action under 18C-style laws if they felt offended or #insulted by those who publicly #defended the traditional definition of marriage. Those at risk would include priests, rabbis, imams and other religious leaders who publicly oppose same-sex marriage.

Labor’s proposal also opens the prospect that debate over the cost of the National Disability #Insurance Scheme could be truncated because of the risk of litigation by those who might feel offended or insulted.

Mr Dreyfus outlined Labor’s thinking during a panel discussion on Wednesday last week with Liberal backbencher Tim Wilson, hosted by the Jewish Community Council of Victoria.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-05-17),lsemmens (26-05-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Seriously, it is my prerogative to avoid using an organisation the openly promotes homosexuality, just as it is their prerogative to do so. If you adhere to a particular tenet that forbids such behaviour, then it is your right to insist that your members abide by such rules. If you object to those rules, then you are welcome to leave. I find it offensive that they insist that I change my views to comply with their mindset. I can imagine the pedos claiming that their perversion is "natural" and that they should be allowed to "love" their kids. At least with Homosexuals, most of them are consenting adults. Provided they do it behind closed doors, it is no-one's business but their own. The moment that they start jumping up and down, saying "look at me" they deserve any abrogation that they get!
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Whats the problem with this? Isn't she as free to express herself as Joyce in a free country?
    No problem with that whatsoever, that was my point. She was critical of Qantas for wanting to treat people as equal, but she doesn't like anyone who's gay, regardless of who they are employed by... because the bible says so.... but then she says, she loves all people.

Seems a bit of a double standard to me.

But if she's anti-gay, she needs to find another mode of transport as all airlines have staff that are predominately gay.

Obviously her beef is Qantas' openly supporting gay marriage.

She's perfectly entitled not to use any carrier, for whatever reason, if she wishes.... and voice her opinion about it.

Administrator
    Thanks

Default $3600 Lemon Meringue Pie

The Perth man who shoved a pie in Qantas boss Alan Joyce's face over gay marriage 'propaganda' has been fined $3600 following the highly publicised stunt back in May.

Tony David Overheu appeared in Perth Magistrates Court on Friday afternoon where he pleaded guilty to charges of trespassing at the Grand Ballroom of the Hyatt Regency Hotel, damage to a microphone, common assault and giving false details to police.

He was fined a total of $3600 and was granted a spent conviction.

That's a very expensive lemon meringue pie:

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

She was critical of Qantas for wanting to treat people as equal, but she doesn't like anyone who's gay, regardless of who they are employed by... because the bible says so.... but then she says, she loves all people.
    That is a total misrepresentation of the facts.

Qantas is well within its rights to employ anybody that is suitable for the job.
    Margaret Court is well within her rights, according to her beliefs to condemn the sin - homosexuality
    She is still commanded to Love the sinner, not the sin.
    ANY church who denies entry to a person on the basis of their sin, should be roundly condemned, however, they should be permitted to determine who they permit into the leadership of their organisation based upon the Tenets of said organisation. Regardless of the basis of that organisation, be it church, sporting club, debating society, or what. if the tenets do not condone a particular behaviour e.g. continuing in alcoholism whilst being a member of AA, then the organisation must be permitted to discriminate.
    We have discrimination based upon sex or sexual preference in many areas of life even now. If I, f'rinstance, chose to become "female" I bet I would still not be permitted to compete in the Women's tennis. If we were truly "equal" there would be no such thing as men's and women's sporting codes, men's and women's clothing men's and women's toilets, Women's and children's hospitals. (I've yet to hear of a men's and children's hospital). need I go on?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

You all know Joyce is gay right?

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast