Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Samsung Galaxy S8+ review

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bula View Post
    S8, Android / Samsung. bloody junk. wish I'd never gone across from apple. I got fed up with apple always changing how things are done.
    Well, rather than just crap on someone's informative thread, perhaps you can start your own thread with a review of a phone you like and why you like it.

In the meantime, you can always go back to your Fruit box... oh that's right, you didn't like that either.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bula View Post
    But the S8..... like why do Apps change their position without me moving them?
    They dont. Clearly you dont know what you are doing.

Photos / Camera are lousy for user interfaces.
    I would love to hear how they are lousy. Considering they are basically the same on most phones.

Answering a phone call shouldn't be that hard.
    If thats the case, you are either a troll or are terminally intellectually incapacitated. If you cant master that, you are well out of your league.

if they provided a bloody instruction manual with the thing it wouldn't go astray either.
    Maybe its the latter ?.....Try Settings, Users Manual in your phone.....the place where it has always been. Most people don't need it, it would be like needing an instruction manual every time there was a new version of Windows or Mac.

If you are legitimately having all the above problems, you need to either :

A. Pay to have a technology professional come around and give you tuition or
    B. Buy a dumb phone and not a smart phone. If you only want to ring people, you don't need a smart phone.
    C. (Compulsory) Improve your attitude if you want to post here. Looking at your previous posts, I dont know how you are still here.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (18-06-17),mtv (18-06-17),Tiny (18-06-17)

Thanks

what can this phone do that mine cant.........

( 122289057440 )

Color: WHITE

ITEM PRICE:AU $106.50

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HILLVIEW103 View Post

( 122289057440 )

Take far superior photos
    Battery Life
    GPS accuracy
    Better SMS and Message handling
    Integration with Samsung Smart TVs
    Better Audio
    Better Screen and Screen Protection

Apart from that, only a few things
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Take far superior photos
    Battery Life
    GPS accuracy
    Better SMS and Message handling
    Integration with Samsung Smart TVs
    Better Audio
    Better Screen and Screen Protection

Apart from that, only a few things
    did you read the specs....13 mp camera !!!

Premium Member
    Thanks

What has Megapixels got to do with picture quality?
    My cheap asian phone has a 20mp camera, it takes worse photos than my 2012 Samsung S3 (8mp)
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Administrator
    Thanks

did you read the specs....13 mp camera !!!
    There's a lot more to camera performance than just it's mp size.

I don't have a phone of your model to compare, but the S8 low-light, low-noise performance is the best I've seen.

Even my mate who is a die-hard iPhone supporter, conceded the S8 camera has surpassed Apple at this time.

Oh... and going by specs, the phone in your link doesn't work on the Australian 700MHz 4G LTE band.

Thanks

It's a shame that people (generally) equate quantity of megapixels with quality, when the sensor is where the quality lies.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    There's a lot more to camera performance than just it's mp size.

I don't have a phone of your model to compare, but the S8 low-light, low-noise performance is the best I've seen.

Even my mate who is a die-hard iPhone supporter, conceded the S8 camera has surpassed Apple at this time.

Oh... and going by specs, the phone in your link doesn't work on the Australian 700MHz 4G LTE band.
    Re. your answer about 4G my phone is with Telechoice 4G is working fine on my phone !!!

Premium Member
    Thanks

( 122289057440 )

Maybe you can start a separate Review Thread about your phone.
    Im sure members will be happy to read it.
    Include sample photos from its Camera
    AnTuTu scores

But this is a thread about the Samsung S8.

Administrator
    Thanks

Re. your answer about 4G my phone is with Telechoice 4G is working fine on my phone !!!
    You appear to have misunderstood.

I did not suggest your phone won't work on 4G.

There are several 4G bands.

You asked "what can this phone do that mine cant........."

I simply pointed out that according to the specs of your phone (in the eBay listing you linked to) does not include the 700MHz LTE band now in use in Australia.

This was a major selling point for me.

As mentioned, you are welcome to start a thread about your phone model and provide a review.

This thread is specifically about the S8, so back on topic please.

• 06-07-17, 06:52 PM

Reason
    Do not use forums just to increase post count to send PM's

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    I currently have a Note 5, which is a great phone, and am on contract until October.
    I know this is in the S8 thread
    But can i ask how your Battery Life on the Note 5 is after 2 years ownership?

I'm still looking at buying Secondhand one, or perhaps a new one now they are $500 new.
    The non replaceable battery concerns me (on all Samsung phones)
    No SD slot is a negative too.

Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    I know this is in the S8 thread
    But can i ask how your Battery Life on the Note 5 is after 2 years ownership?

I'm still looking at buying Secondhand one, or perhaps a new one now they are $500 new.
    The non replaceable battery concerns me (on all Samsung phones)
    No SD slot is a negative too.

Thanks
    Sorry mate, I am on sporadically these days and tend to miss a lot.

As ( I think ?) you know, my wife now owns it. She isnt a big phone user and uses it for the odd call and predominantly facebook. Yet she cant operate a computer.

She charges it once a day as far as I know , I'll ask her when she gets up. She works night shift full time, but every second week has 5 days off so her use is a bit up and down.

I'll make a big statement here........I think the Note 5 camera is better than the S8's camera. Thats just a side by side comparison......I have not been able to replicate the quality of photos I have taken on the Note 5. The S8 is better in low light, but thats the only positive. Its also annoying that the S8's photos are native 4:3, while the Note 5's are 16:9. Why make a phone like the S8 which massively long, and then have 4:3 photos with massive gaps on the sides ?

I also dont use the finger print sensor on the S8 as its on the back.......massive fail from Samsung on this. The Note's sensor on the home button is great.

You could get a price on a battery replacement on a Note 5........its not water proof so you are not breaking a seal by doing it. But if you can get a new one for $500......better option.

I haven't used an SD slot for years....... I take a photo and it auto uploads to Google Photos. If the photo is under 16 MP, storage is free. If its over, you can choose to either have it compressed or have it counted as storage towards your 15 gig limit. Music.......I stream it if I want to listen to it. I honestly can't think of an SD slot use these days.....all my documents are accessible via Dropbox. I always buys phones with the smallest storage because they are cheaper and I never use the space.

Administrator
    Thanks

I probably should just do a quick update review as I have owned the S8+ for about 4 months now.

I hardly make or even receive calls. I purchase top of the line phones because I use them as my camera. Why pay 2-3 k for an SLR that you never have on hand for those everyday moments when you want to take a photo ?

Having said all that, as mentioned above I think the Note 5 camera is better than the S8's (apart from low light). The S8's screen is far superior to the Note 5's......I looked at the Note 5 the other day and was amazed that it didnt look that good......2 years ago I was gobsmacked at its quality. It just shows how good Samsung's Super Amoled screens are ( my S2 tablet is also brilliant) and its no wonder Apple are looking to Samsung for screens now.

The S8 is very smooth to use, as it should be, but you can buy some phones with top notch hardware that just doesnt gel together. Software is almost as important and Samsung make it all come together well. Newer Android (6-7) has some great features compared to pre 6. I love the way when you get a telemarketer call, it comes up with spam on the screen. Brilliant. Functions like "Do Not Disturb" that can be set to automatically come on at set times of the day and night (you can add exceptions) are great. Smart Lock is great and you also have unlock options of face, iris and fingerprint. As mentioned, the fingerprint on the back is a big fail.

I have ZERO interest in Samsung's Bixby Assistant like most people, why they have a button for it I dont know. But having said that, this isnt Apple, its Android, so I downloaded an app that remaps the button to whatever you want it to be. So I now have a dedicated torch button

All up , its a nice phone, it takes nice photos but not as nice as the Note in my opinion. I would love to see what the new Notes camera is like though......I have the S8+ on lease and can upgrade after 12 months so will see whats on offer.

• 27-12-17, 06:07 PM

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12