Thread: RF Intermod calculator

Thanks

Default RF Intermod calculator

I am looking for a free rf intermod calculator. I have had a look online and there are a couple of tools that calculate up to three freqs but nothing bigger. As I only need this about once a year it is not worth buying some of the "bells and whistles" type software packages that charge a yearly licence fee.
    Any ideas?

Look Here ->
    Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Have you even tried searching...........?

The first thing I do when I see a thread like this is google myself.....guess what.......found some spreadsheet based RF Inter-mod calculators!!!!!!!!!

And first post too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Come off it, Porkop...everyone knows that it's easier to get others to do the legwork for you.

Here's another search suggestion .

• The Following User Says Thank You to tristen For This Useful Post:

porkop (11-05-17)

Thanks

Yep. Already tried those. The PRF intermod calculator gives the best results as it gives 3rd and 5th etc order intermods but is difficult to use as you have to put in your target freq.

The other free XL type spredsheet at
    doesn't tell you the order of the intermods or what mix of freqs produces the intermod hits.

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Well maybe what you want doesn’t exist??
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Come on guys, ease up a little on the guy, it is obvious a simple search is not yielding the complexity of what Minetech is looking for.

It sounds like that paid/subscription software is just that for a reason - it has this element of complexity/capability you are looking for which is not part of the online (free) stuff. It may be worthwhile to find out if there are free alternatives to those packages (like Open Office vs MS Office sort of thing). But, if there is nothing (as it seems may be the case), then unfortunately, the subs stuff might just be necessary.

If one can do some programming, sometimes one can write your own bolt-on packages to free software that increases the capabilities, or you can get them from the creators, that's what's nice about free software (if you can find some for your purpose) - those programmers basically listen to the users and continually write stuff to add on, usually just downloadable packages from the software's website.
    Last edited by irritant; 11-05-17 at 10:59 PM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Minetech View Post
    Yep. Already tried those. The PRF intermod calculator gives the best results as it gives 3rd and 5th etc order intermods but is difficult to use as you have to put in your target freq.

The other free XL type spredsheet at
    doesn't tell you the order of the intermods or what mix of freqs produces the intermod hits.
    Thanks for advising that you have already tried some programs and why they are unsuitable for your use.

If you had painted a more complete picture in your original post, I for one, would have been inclined to reply a little differently, but the indications are that you have survived intact.

Now....I tend to agree with Porkop, that the kind of easy-to-use program you prefer probably doesn't exist.

Perhaps if you post your query in the Communications Devices section of the forum, where more 'comms-type' members spend their time, someone might be able to assist further. It seems to me that it is more a communications-related problem than a simple software inquiry.

If you decide to do this, please include as much information as possible, as many new members post requests in that section with little or no background information. We older members get more than a little frustrated as a result.

Thanks

Thanks Tristen. I'll give that a go.