Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Alan Joyce , Harden the #### up

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Default Alan Joyce , Harden the #### up

It seems Alan Joyce is going to have a protester who threw a cream pie in his face charged with assault.

Every month, people are abused, spat on and assaulted if they attend any sort of meeting or conference that is not Pro gay marriage. Any venue that dares to host any event against gay marriage is abused, receives death threats and is vandalised.

Yet Joyce claims he is "standing up to bullying". How ironic.

Get back to your knitting Alan.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-05-17),enf (11-05-17),irritant (11-05-17)

Look Here ->
    Banned
    Thanks

The silly old fart should be charged with assault - it should have not been up to Joyce to do it - the police should have automatically charged old fart with assult.

The action was totally unacceptable.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

stupid faggot cant even handle a soft pie in the face ? what about the kick in the teeth he instigated against long term Qantas employees?

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Assault? That's a joke, right?
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Whether you agree with same sex marriage, or not, you should still have the right to voice your opinion without any form of assault. The pie in the face was totally inappropriate for the topic under discussion then. If he was slamming all cooks and chefs, then, yes, a pie would have been appropriate. The "attacker" could have used a little more imagination and made his point whilst giving the rest of us a laugh. I agree with garrycol that the coppers should have charged him. It should not be up to Alan to do so.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

porkop (13-05-17),Rick (13-05-17),Seymour Butts (13-05-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Whether you agree with same sex marriage, or not, you should still have the right to voice your opinion without any form of assault. The pie in the face was totally inappropriate for the topic under discussion then. If he was slamming all cooks and chefs, then, yes, a pie would have been appropriate. The "attacker" could have used a little more imagination and made his point whilst giving the rest of us a laugh. I agree with garrycol that the coppers should have charged him. It should not be up to Alan to do so.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

mtv (12-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks

In that case, where are all the assault charges against protesters who continually assault and spit on people who don't agree with same sex marriage ? Its going on almost weekly at the moment.

Sorry, its hypocrisy at its worse.

And these charges for throwing a pie ? #### me.

Common Assault
    Trespass
    Wilful Damage
    Providing false details to police.

So how is that leftist protesters can assault, spit, threaten, extort without a single charge ?

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

eaglem (14-05-17),enf (18-05-17),irritant (12-05-17),mtv (12-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Whether you agree with same sex marriage, or not, you should still have the right to voice your opinion without any form of assault.
    I have to agree.

I am certainly no fan of AJ and the way he has treated many Qantas employees and although I found it rather amusing, it does raise some serious concerns about security, or the lack thereof.

The ability of an unknown and unathorised person to walk up to a presenter on stage, could well have been someone with more malicious intent, with a knife etc.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    ...it does raise some serious concerns about security, or the lack thereof.

The ability of an unknown and unathorised person to walk up to a presenter on stage, could well have been someone with more malicious intent, with a knife etc.
    Yeah, that I'll agree with for sure. You don't know what potential incident could happen from such a breach of security. Luckily it was only a pie.

But, the only thing that was clearly bruised/assaulted was his ego.
    Last edited by irritant; 12-05-17 at 08:09 PM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    In that case, where are all the assault charges against protesters who continually assault and spit on people who don't agree with same sex marriage ? Its going on almost weekly at the moment.
    Not to mention in other protests over the years - arson, looting, damage to property, terrorizing and harassing/threatening behaviour toward innocent bystanders, etc. etc.

Administrator
    Thanks

Agreed... that sort of behaviour should not be tolerated either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Whether you agree with same sex marriage, or not, you should still have the right to voice your opinion...
    Agreed - but the issue as I see it is not that the personal opinion of an individual is being expressed by that the views of that individual are being expressed as the CEO of a corporate entity that they preside over.

By all means one should express their personal opinions. But one should not use their position in a large corporate entity to champion a cause that is in no way related to that core business.

By extension, the action of the pie in the face was likely not intended as an assault against the individual due to their views but against 'the corporation', whose public face is the CEO.
    Last edited by peteramjet; 13-05-17 at 08:03 AM.

LSemmens
    Thanks

We are on the same page, Peter. I was thinking that the "attacker" could have used something closer to the problem to hit him with. Unfortunately the pie will soon be forgotten. We all remember when someone threw a shoe at a pollie, regardless of the context. However, how many of us remember the last time a pie was used for political ends?

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by peteramjet View Post
    Agreed - but the issue as I see it is not that the personal opinion of an individual is being expressed by that the views of that individual are being expressed as the CEO of a corporate entity that they preside over.

By all means one should express their personal opinions. But one should not use their position in a large corporate entity to champion a cause that is in no way related to that core business.

By extension, the action of the pie in the face was likely not intended as an assault against the individual due to their views but against 'the corporation', whose public face is the CEO.
    I can assure you that Joyce as the CEO could not commit QANTAS to its position on this subject without the full agreement of the Board of Directors. Joyce may run the day to day operations of QANTAS ad make recommendations on the strategic direction etc but it is the Board is the decision maker. Joyce has convinced the board that QANTAS should support this issue - if not he would not be able to even express his own view on the topic.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,118 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post
    I can assure you that Joyce as the CEO could not commit QANTAS to its position on this subject without the full agreement of the Board of Directors.
    Indeed. But the Board are simply elected representatives who act on behalf of the shareholders on corporate issues.

While they Board should be able to make decisions directly relating to company affairs, they should not be taking a stance on social issues, on behalf of shareholders, that in no way relate to the company.

Administrator
    Thanks

I don't see a company's support for someone's right to make a choice as being any different to a company providing sponsorship or in-kind support for anything else... other than not contributing financially to a particular cause.

Administrator
    Thanks

Any anyone who had any doubts of the hissy fit nature of Joyce..........

Alan Joyce has put a life ban on the pie thrower ever using Qantas or any its subsidiaries including Jetstar and partner airlines including Emirates and Cathay Pacific. Basically most airlines.

The proof is in the pudding (in this case the pie). Alan Joyce is a ####ing sook.

It would be interesting to see peoples views if it was a politician that got the pie in the face.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

enf (18-05-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

It would be interesting to see peoples views if it was a politician that got the pie in the face.
    Or a shoe thrown at them.....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

admin (18-05-17)

Thanks

Giving the bloke a lifetime ban for flying on qantas % co just proves the the pie mans point..

I know a bloke through work who has a GBH for hitting a woman conviction who flies qantas without restriction.

• The Following User Says Thank You to knowabit1 For This Useful Post:

enf (21-05-17)

Thanks

The lifetime ban from flying Qantas and its subsidiaries might be acceptable if it were a private airline, entirely owned by Joyce. But it's not. It's a publically listed entity, not one individual's plaything and he is just an employee.

It constantly grates on my nerves that this tiny minority group preaches tolerance and understanding until someone dares to express a view contrary to their own. At that point, there are shrill cries of "hatred" and "bigotry" and an emotional response is used to shut the argument down. If they would permit a mature and adult debate, allowing the other side to have its say, I might be prepared to take them more seriously.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to shred For This Useful Post:

enf (22-05-17),lsemmens (22-05-17),VroomVroom (22-05-17)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast