Thread: Micron Scorpion Z6L Programming

Thanks

Default Micron Scorpion Z6L Programming

I'm hoping someone can help?

I'm planning to buy another PIR sensor for my Z6L and want to know how to program it in once I've wired it up.

Here's what I need:
    - Program a new Master Programming Code (I can get to the override by pressing 1+3 while power is turned on and then *)
    - Enable a zone. My new zone will be zone 3 ... however my zone 2 doesn't seem to be Alarming either ... PIR is already hooked up.

I've been playing around with the programming but when attempting to set the master code it seems I have only managed to set up another user code? I may have also disabled zone 2 somehow.

Much appreciated if you can give me some very basic instructions

Thanks!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Direct from the installation instructions:
    Emergency Access to Program Mode.
    If the master programming code is lost and the installer has not disabled this function at Loc. 192, Led 3 then proceed as follows: Disconnect all power from the panel. Hold down the 1 + 3 keys while power is re-connected to the panel (two beeps) then press the # key within 6 seconds. The panel will jump directly to ‘Program’ mode. If this function has been disabled at Loc.192 the panel can not be accessed and must be returned to a Micron master distributor.

If you get past that bit..

Programming
    Programming Rules
    To enter Programming Mode press N N N N [Master programming code (default 0 0 0 0)] then Enter then Enter. The status led will light and you are now in ‘Address Mode’. You may now enter an address [Location] number and press
    Enter. The status led will flash indicating that you are in ‘Data Mode’ and data may now be entered into this Location.

Entering Data
    Enter digits [or multiple digits] into memory, when the location is programmed with valid data the panel beeps twice and automatically advances to the next memory location. Do not press Enter after data entry except when
    programming zone data. If you think you have made a mistake, press Star then the Location number you wish to view or program, then Enter. The data in that location will be displayed by the keypad zone led’s and may be changed
    by entering new data.
    Note carefully: Some locations may be programmed with a value 1 to 15 but only a single digit space is available. All values above 9 are Hex digits and may be programmed into a single digit location as follows: To enter a Hex digit
    [10, 11, 12, 13, 14 or 15] press and hold down the ‘Star’ key [tens] and then press the second digit of the hex number. So to program a 14 press and hold the * (star) key and then press 4. The keypad will beep once
    when both keys are down and the panel accepts the hex digit 14. Many of the timer locations are programmed in this way, eg. exit delay, entry delay etc.

Zone Programming
    The zone led’s are used as selection indicators for this section of programming. Example: To select Zone 4 press digit 4, the zone 4 led will light. To de-select zone 4, press digit 4 again. You may toggle zones on and off as
    required, once the selection is complete press ‘Enter’.
    Location 158 Keyswitch Zones Select
    Select zone[s] to act as keyswitch arming. Momentarily opening this zone will arm the panel. Zone 5 may be programmed as a keyswitch zone.
    Location 160 24 Hour Zones Select
    Select zones for 24 hour response. If more than one zone is selected here and they are performing different functions [eg. Fire & Tamper] then it will be necessary to program the correct reporting codes in Locs. 104-112. For Contact ID
    select the required reporting code from the table above, non Contact ID codes are specified by the central station. Zone 5 may be selected as a 24 hour zone if it has not been selected as a keyswitch zone.
    Location 162 Night Arming Zones [or] Instant Perimeter Zones
    Select the zones here that will arm in Night or Instant mode.
    Location 164 Entry Delay Zones Select
    Select zones for entry delay. Zones selected here will use the primary entry delay timer at Loc. 151.
    Location 166 Alternate Entry Zones Select
    Select alternate entry zones. Zones selected here must also be selected at Loc. 164 if an alternative entry path and time are required. Enter an alternate entry delay time at Loc. 152.
    Location 168 Pre-alert Zones Select
    Select zones that will activate the keypad beeper during entry and (or) night arm pre-alert. Zones selected here must also be selected at Loc. 164 and 166.
    Location 170 Chime Zones Select
    Select zones to activate the keypad beeper when the panel is unset and chime mode is turned on.
    Location 176 Follower Zones Select
    Select follower zones. These zones will also act as entry zones if a zone selected at Loc. 164 or 166 is tripped first. If a zone selected at Loc. 164 or 166 is not tripped first then these zones will alarm without delay.

Alarm and Aux. Output 1 - Programming
    Location 178 Zones to Activate Alarm Output
    Select the zones that will activate the Alarm Output. If a zone is to be a ‘silent alarm’ zone do not turn on the led for that zone. Zones NOT selected here will still report.
    Location 180 Zones to Activate the Aux. Output 1
    The same rules apply here as at Loc. 178 except that the Aux. 1 Output will be activated.

Good luck

• The Following User Says Thank You to Dfektiv For This Useful Post:

tristen (15-05-17)