Thread: Where can I find what new system will be released in the future?

Thanks

Default Where can I find what new system will be released in the future?

Hey,

I can install a security system now (considering Bosch 2000/3000 or Paradox 5050) but none of them has a great online experience. People seem to complain about their apps a lot. Or I can wait for a couple of months if there are some new systems that are about to be released. I'm not familiar with this industry so I don't know where to look for this type of information. What is more I might have completely unreasonable expectations and new systems are not released every 2/3 years.

Thanks!

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gaw View Post
    I might have completely unreasonable expectations...
    That's what I'm tipping.

Seriously, do you really think companies would divulge future product information they'd like to keep from their competition until very close to the release date?

Thanks

Why not? Smartphones get released once a year. We might not know the exact month but we know there will be a new one each year. So maybe the question should be different. How often does Bosch / Paradox release new systems?

Thanks

Why not? Smartphones get released once a year.
    That's the point.

Smartphones are a throwaway device.

Something that gets mounted on your house and has an anticipated life of 10-20 years has a slower development lifecycle. That's before you add laboratory testing and other measures which apply to life-safety equipment.

It's the same reason cars and passenger jets don't feature the latest greatest tech that your iPhone may have.

Rapid release leads to headaches. Witness the thousands (millions?) of IOT devices which are now forming botnets. See also cheap-ass security cameras which are creating security headaches for network administrators globally.

• The Following User Says Thank You to downunderdan For This Useful Post:

tristen (16-05-17)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

"Where can I find what new system will be released in the future" . . . crystal ball?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by downunderdan View Post

It's the same reason cars and passenger jets don't feature the latest greatest tech that your iPhone may have.

Rapid release leads to headaches. Witness the thousands (millions?) of IOT devices which are now forming botnets. See also cheap-ass security cameras which are creating security headaches for network administrators globally.
    LOL, Tesla applies patches to their cars over air. Long release cycles indicate to me that this industry is ripe for disruption. Residential security systems can't be even compared to jets re complexity.

Thanks

You go to trade shows, systems and new technologies that are in their final testing are on display.
    It also gives the installers (you) a chance to give feed back on the extra features you are being asked about by customers.

I go to locksmith trade shows to see how they are pushing into the access control field, and most locksmiths know who i am.
    If you are in the security field you should have good contacts with some locksmiths anyway, they're the mechanical part to your electrical security, electrical only notifies, mechanical keeps them out.
    Just don't advertise you're electrical else you'll be kicked out quickly.

Thanks

Maybe look at the Bosch Solution 6000 with the MyAlarm app. Has been out in the market for a little while now and works good.

Thanks

Thanks!

Thanks

The Bosch 6000 is just a new name for 144 due to the 144 being unable to do so many of the things that it promised. In fact more recent versions of the 144 can be flashed to the 6000 firmware. So it's safe to say it's been out since at least 2012!

Personally I try to stear away from fixed devices that use tablet type screens. They get outdated so quick and they will seem laggy in comparison to newer phones.

As long as alarm can do core functions the apps that talk to them can always be updated.

I think it's getting to the point where everyone in a house has a connected device and keypads are just there as a backup. I already use my phone for tv, air con, music and so much more.

Thanks

Hey,

I can install a security system now (considering Bosch 2000/3000 or Paradox 5050) but none of them has a great online experience. People seem to complain about their apps a lot. Or I can wait for a couple of months if there are some new systems that are about to be released. I'm not familiar with this industry so I don't know where to look for this type of information. What is more I might have completely unreasonable expectations and new systems are not released every 2/3 years.

Thanks!
    "People seem to complain about their apps a lot"....that's always going to happen. Alarms are becoming more and more like phones/PC's/tablets/win10 (haha) in their updating. It's more likely to be a firmware/software upgrade than a whole new system. As others said Bosch 6000 has solid app support. Keeps even fussy customers happy for a bit. Check out trade shows and supplier websites for upcoming gear. They do like to brag about new stuff and the next big thing like everyone else.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wattstar View Post
    Personally I try to stear away from fixed devices that use tablet type screens. They get outdated so quick and they will seem laggy in comparison to newer phones.
    This is a good point and it will save me a couple hundred dollars. I just need to have a system that offers an app that's reliable.

Thanks

My M1 had a reliable app, if you have a static IP address.

Thanks

Check out this stuff from Risco. Can do pretty much anything you want, great cloud based app, no port forwarding, self configures, programmable output, etc, etc,
    Have installed loads of them, nice stuff if you ask me.

Thanks

What about Integriti through Inner Range? Would that suit your purposes?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rob_celicasx View Post
    What about Integriti through Inner Range? Would that suit your purposes?
    Thanks. I will have a look though they seem to be focused on big installations.

Thanks

I think these days the only good apps are the paid ones, in where the suppliers get some kickback for R&D, if there is no income stream for them I wonder how long these free apps / servers will actually last for.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xr5adam View Post
    I think these days the only good apps are the paid ones, in where the suppliers get some kickback for R&D, if there is no income stream for them I wonder how long these free apps / servers will actually last for.
    Could not agree more.