Thread: Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher draw stuck - Help Please

Premium Member
    Thanks

Default Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher draw stuck - Help Please

It is about that time that gremlins have hit my home again.

We have a 2 drawer Fisher & Paykel Dishwasher with a bottom draw stuck open. If you try pushing it in you get about halfway and it seems to be jamming into or against something. The top drawer works fine.

Has anyone had this experience or have any advice on the best way to get this fixed. We have had the Dishwasher for a while, guessing circa 10 years so I doubt I have any warrranty.

We started having some issues with soap suds and water not exiting properly from the bottom drawer a week or two ago. We gave it a good clean just in case some small gunk items may have been blocking water tubes which seemed to work, but now the draw has got this new issue

I am based in Melbourne, repairer referral or recommendations on how best to fix will be most appreciated. Of course should it be uneconomical to repair maybe I should just go and buy a new one.

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Doing some googling on this ... sounds like lid actuators have failed, this video seems to have a good handle on it

• The Following User Says Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

tristen (12-06-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

I sorted it out today - Managed to find a knowledge appliance repair person through HiPages. Turned out that the drawer fan and draw computer board had failed. My guess is that the fan failed initially later causing the computer board to overheat and burn out. The Missus is happy now and I am glad I did not try to fix it myself

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to checkitout For This Useful Post:

gulliver (14-06-17),Rick (14-06-17)