Thread: Getting recordable dvd scan FTA satellite (D2)

Thanks

Default Getting recordable dvd scan FTA satellite (D2)

Gudday all,
    I just purchased a topfield TRF-7260 DVR. I want to tune it to my satellite decoder which is tuned into Optus D2. I ran a lead from the output of the decoder to the input of the dvr. I checked the connections carefully and tried another lead, but it won't tune any channels in. I have never had a dvr before and I no nothing, any help would be appreciated.

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Exactly how have you connected the two?

The TRF-7260 DVR has terrestrial tuners only... not satellite.

It also doesn't have external inputs to recorded from AV sources that I'm aware of.

From what info I could locate, it appears to have outputs only. Eg: it can only record from the inbuilt tuners and play back, not record from other devices connected to it.

Thanks

Thanks mtv. The decoder has a outlet that you could connect to the TV with. I connected that to the input on the DVR. (just a ordinary coaxial lead/connection) ie this is where you would normally put the antenna lead in. If the TRF-7200 will not tune satellite is there any DVR that will? I would have thought that if the decoder signal can be read by the TV then a dvr should be able to read it?
    Regards

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

There are many satellite decoders that either have a built-in hard drive or accept an external hard drive.

This is the easiest way to record/play programs... and in the same quality as the original. (Eg: no conversion loss. If the received program was in HD, so too will be the recording).

What make model of satellite decoder do you have?

The signal output on the coax connector of your satellite decoder will be analogue, which can be tuned into a TV that has an analogue tuner.

The TRF-7260 DVR only has a digital tuner. It will not tune analogue TV channels.

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

Nifty363 (23-05-17)

Thanks

The decoder is a old Strong, SRT4651. looks like I will have to buy a new decoder. You have answered a question that I thought about , why could I record on a VCR. Thanks for your help again. I will have to do some research on decoders. Looks like a decoder that can record would be the way to go.
    Regards.