Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Manchester Explosion

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by source View Post
    even if i see on of the muslims come me start to fret especialy if have bag in hand or look extra fat .dem dangerous
    What??????
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (26-05-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    We don't know who did it yet. But more than likely another nutter that has found a 'cause' to fit is madness.
    Killer is linked to Paris and Brussels attackers, his Libyan rebel father is an al-Qaeda supporter and brother 'was plotting own ISIS atrocity'
    Seems now we know who did it.

And this revelation will hardy fill anyone with confidence!!! Son of an Airport Security Worker, WTF!!!!
    Known to Police.... Why have these Watch Lists??? Obviously they are free to do as they please, Human Rights is protecting them.

The suicide bomber has been named as Salman Abedi, a Mancunian of Libyan descent, and the son of an airport security worker.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-05-17 at 10:14 AM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (25-05-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Security services missed five opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber.

The Manchester suicide bomber was repeatedly flagged to the authorities over his extremist views, but was not stopped by officers, it emerged Wednesday night.

Counter Terrorism agencies were facing questions after it emerged Salman Abedi told friends that “being a suicide bomber was okay”, prompting them to call the Government’s anti-terrorism hotline.

Sources suggest that authorities were informed of the danger posed by Abedi on at least five separate occasions in the five years prior to the attack on Monday night.

The authorities were also aware that Abedi’s father was linked to a well-known militant Islamist group in Libya, which is proscribed in Britain. Abedi also had links to several British-based jihadis with Isil connections.

If these reports are correct (and I have no reason to think they aren't) it makes me angry that this attack 'may' have been avoided.

Imagine how the families of those who died and have been injured must feel reading this.

Thanks

I think the time has come to get serious about these problem causing people. If they are on a watch list either deport them or lock them up. Surely the rights of the innocent are more important than those of verified wrongdoers

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    Security services missed five opportunities to stop the Manchester bomber.

The Manchester suicide bomber was repeatedly flagged to the authorities over his extremist views, but was not stopped by officers, it emerged Wednesday night.

Counter Terrorism agencies were facing questions after it emerged Salman Abedi told friends that “being a suicide bomber was okay”, prompting them to call the Government’s anti-terrorism hotline.

Sources suggest that authorities were informed of the danger posed by Abedi on at least five separate occasions in the five years prior to the attack on Monday night.

The authorities were also aware that Abedi’s father was linked to a well-known militant Islamist group in Libya, which is proscribed in Britain. Abedi also had links to several British-based jihadis with Isil connections.

If these reports are correct (and I have no reason to think they aren't) it makes me angry that this attack 'may' have been avoided.

Imagine how the families of those who died and have been injured must feel reading this.
    Sounds a lot like the Bourke Street Massacre
    Vic Pol had the offender surrounded in a residential property (prior to the attack on Bourke St)
    But once it was called in that he had a gun, the protocol was to pull away and let the SOG come in and handle it.
    Once the Police left, the idiot just drove away..... And we all know what happened next.

Its all sounding a lot like the Lindt Cafe

And now the Manchester Bombing

I know they can't go arresting people when they have nothing that will actually stick if it goes to court
    But something needs to change, obviously.
    Trouble is, it opens a huge can of worms, false allegations, etc etc
    It will never happen, so in the mean time, we can continue to watch the innocent get driven over, blown up or shot by Radical Nut Bags of this Peaceful Religion.

In fact, i doubt that information collection will stop this type of radical behaviour, all it will take is for one of these idiots to act completely alone, say nothing to anyone.
    And it will never be tracked.
    So many soft targets out there, just image a Day Care Centre.... Who is ever going to stop them in a Day Care Centre.
    When you have Cancer, they cut it out, then nuke the surrounding area!
    I believe they can take the same approach with this cancer of society.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-05-17 at 10:02 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (27-05-17),madtech (26-05-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

As has already been observed a person on a watch list has done nothing to allow the authorities to act. Until they do, hands are tied. However, once a person is charged and found guilty, or killed as a result of his actions, then his entire immediate family (i.e. wives, children, mothers fathers, brothers and sisters - along with their respective progeny) should all be returned to the land of their forefathers (guaranteed they'd all be only one generation local). No ifs or buts. If, they are "homegrown", sent them to Git Bay, or somewhere equally as inspiring.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I agree, the families should all lose citizenship rights, the properties seized and sold
    The family members deported (to where ever)
    Yes, it is wrong, they might be good people, they may have no of their sons/cousins/nephews double life.
    But what else can you do?

Maybe then, when there is something to lose on the Terrorists side, will they possibly re-think their actions.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-17 at 07:34 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Britain's RAF bombs IS with 'message from Manchester'

Britain's Royal Air Force (RAF) has sent the so-called Islamic State (IS) a strong message - in the form of a Paveway IV bomb.

Scrawled on the outside of the missile was written "Love from Manchester".

It is believed the note came from a drone squadron located at an undisclosed location in the Middle East.

The picture was posted to Twitter with the caption: "RAF Armourer on a Reaper UAV squadron wrote this on a Hellfire missile before taking off on a Syria mission".

The RAF have confirmed the photo is accurate, but say the person responsible is unlikely to get in trouble.

"The RAF can confirm the photo was genuine," a spokesperson told the MailOnline.

A source added: "The sentiment of the message is understandable under the circumstances."

"It's unlikely the individual responsible for it will be disciplined," they continued.

"There's a history of messages being written on missiles in the RAF."

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

That sort of thing has been happening from both sides of a conflict for years.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12