Thread: How to disarm a Hills voicenav lite alarm

Thanks

Unhappy How to disarm a Hills voicenav lite alarm

Hi I have changed the pin code using my master code over the weekend, today my girl using the new code to enter the house, but it did not disarm the alarm and it went off, I tried to disarm with my master code without success. I have to call the installer to book a time for him to come out and reset it, he won't give me the option to give the installer code to disarm the alarm and I have to wait for him to book me in and charge, he was rude and unhelpful on the phone. at the end he cut me off without booking me in, now I can't go into my house, can anyone help, please.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

To be honest this is a call I get quite often,

Normally goes like - Hi I live at XX address, can you please provide me the code to disarm or change the alarm code. My reply is, sorry I can not help you as I do not know who you are,

You could imagine what would happen if any installer did this, and the real owners came home and found the house empty because the code was given out over the phone. I will never give a code out over the phone, it requires a site visit to identify the person requesting the work and to get a copy of there ID in case it is not right.

Even though we may have been there in the previous week, things can change in that time, ie marriage split up etc that the installer does not know about.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xr5adam For This Useful Post:

mtv (25-05-17),tristen (25-05-17)

Thanks

Some brands of panels don't allow the installer code to disarm the system, unless the installer armed it.
    Make a mistake with a installer's code and it may cost you a new panel, that's why they are rarely given out.

We get lots of calls of the same nature, generally claiming to be children of the owners, if that is the case, call your parents.
    We don't know who is on the other end of the phone, and giving out codes over the phone is a breach of security.
    You may think it's only asking for information, We see it as threatening our lively-hood, would you really trust someone who gives out codes to anyone that rings?

most panels don't allow the master code to change itself, I'd try the original one.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by wood8888 View Post
    Hi I have changed the pin code using my master code over the weekend, today my girl using the new code to enter the house, but it did not disarm the alarm and it went off, I tried to disarm with my master code without success. I have to call the installer to book a time for him to come out and reset it, he won't give me the option to give the installer code to disarm the alarm and I have to wait for him to book me in and charge, he was rude and unhelpful on the phone. at the end he cut me off without booking me in, now I can't go into my house, can anyone help, please.
    I hear this often as an installer, its often hard to explain over the phone aswell.

you can either default the panel and start again or have the tech come out and do it for you, either way its business at the end of the day and we don't work for free, where are you based ? i used to work for a company who did alot of builder work using voice nav lite as keypad.