Thread: What website programming language would you recommend ?

Thanks

Default What website programming language would you recommend ?

I run a basic website (using Classic ASP) and wondering what others would recommend if I wanted to learn a new language. I'm self-taught (and have no plans to change the existing site) but I'm looking at another project in the future and recognise that ASP is probably a bit old and insecure for modern websites. I'm looking to develop a CRM-based website so I would like something that handles form creation easily and can integrate with MySQL databases. I generally write code rather than use an editor but perhaps I need to rethink this?

Anyway, wondering whether I would be best to stay with MS and go down the ASP.net route or switch to another language altogether. What would others recommend and why?

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I'll risk looking stupid here as I have never written anything in code. Is ASP only applicable to Windows based servers ?

What about PHP ? This forum for example uses it in conjunction with a MYSQL database.

There are so many out of the box options these days that I think you would have to be really keen to write yourself.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

AussieM8 (28-05-17)

Thanks

Depends on what you want to do, if you're going the root of mysql i would suggest php , alot of people will argue its dying , but many big opensource cms still use it , its "cloud" based so the argument that stands for pythons mobile advantage somewhat flawed , application wise it kills . However pythons calculating and easier more logical syntax makes it a user friendly language. Php is solid and well established. I learnt php ..as per my suggestion but later found myself learning python too. If you are looking at things career wise look up what most jobs require right now , i bet its php. but more knowledge is always better.