Thread: Talk about Revenue Raising - QLD Police, like they don't have anything better to do.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Default Talk about Revenue Raising - QLD Police, like they don't have anything better to do.

I'm fully aware I should be wearing a seatbelt at all times
    I do make a habit of putting mine on in this situation
    (Having a person in the Boat while you drag up the ramp is another no no, yet EVERYONE does it)
    But seriously, what a waste of time
    Never mind the gang members breaking into our homes
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-17 at 10:02 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-05-17),enf (27-05-17),mkhannah (27-05-17),Rick (26-05-17),Tiny (27-05-17),VroomVroom (29-05-17)

Look Here ->
    LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

He should start a gofundme campaign to contest this fine. Whilst it may be "the letter of the law", the law needs to be addressed.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I can only think he failed the "Attitude Test" at the Boat Ramp
    It is hard to imagine a Policeman or Fisheries Officer has nothing better to do, or see's these actions as productive.

I will say, it is not the first time i've seen Police going for the easy ticket down at a boat ramp.
    I watched the local Portland cop get one after the other for various stupid offences, failing to indicate, driving with a person in the boat, driver had no seat belt, etc.
    It was all confined to the Boat Ramp Car Park and all the Boaties were doing was trying to get out of the way of others wanting to use the ramp.
    It was all common sense and being courteous to others

Was pathetic to watch a Cop come into that situation and start handing out tickets
    Can't remember the last time there was a multi fatality in the Boat Ramp car park
    Last edited by ol' boy; 26-05-17 at 10:13 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Now I know why the police are so busy and it why took them 8 hours to come when I called and actually needed them.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

eaglem (27-05-17),enf (27-05-17),ol' boy (27-05-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

FFS they could have just issued a caution notice, certainly opened my eyes up as I do this all the time at the boat ramp

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

I'm not sure that this is a real story.
    There might be some other untold story behind it.
    But if you're given a fine for a rather ludicrous situation, it is by far better to keep very cool.
    Collect you own detailed evidence in the moment, ask the officer about what act they are enforcing and why. And subtly what they are trying to achieve etc.
    Then when you get home, read the actual act and take it to court.
    Don't do what this guy did and go to the media. You don't want that (not yet).
    You go to court and sensibly put the case down and highlight what the officer said and how his actions don't achieve what he said or what the act intends.
    The you get the court ruling, hopefully, successful .... then you go to the media. The precedent is set so now all the other victims of the officer can flood the court.

It can then be recommended that the officer undergo retraining because he is misrepresenting the act.
    If he's not the only officer... everybody gets retraining.

On the flip side ... there are some winners out there.
    I had to laugh at a story I heard recently.
    A gronk flipped the bird out the window of his car at an off duty police officer he knew and hated.
    The copper saw it (also caught it on dash cam) and issued the gronk a fine in the mail for having a body part external to the vehicle.
    But when he checked the police database for licence details and where to send the fine he discovered his drivers licence was suspended.
    Crack me up - now it's two fines.
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trash For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-05-17),enf (27-05-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by trash View Post
    I'm not sure that this is a real story.
    There might be some other untold story behind it.
    But if you're given a fine for a rather ludicrous situation, it is by far better to keep very cool.
    Collect you own detailed evidence in the moment, ask the officer about what act they are enforcing and why. And subtly what they are trying to achieve etc.
    I've seen this happen and it worked
    Questioned the Officer about all HIS details, which Court the matter would be heard in, literally stood there in front of the Cop with a note pad and wrote everything down.
    After that, nothing ever turned up in the mail.

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

enf (27-05-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

I concur. NEVER get angry at a cop, even a classic dumb flatfoot. As trash says be cool and gather evidence making sure that he sees what you are doing. There's a fair chance HE will go through with the thing while you are there but it will evaporate and you'll never hear a thing.

The OTHER method is to be elderly (like me), have grey hair, and accept the situation. Chances are they let you go with a caution....I've got away with some ridiculous shit (usually speeding) where I've been caught cold.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I got pulled over a couple of years back for being just over the speed limit (pulled over 3 minutes drive away from the place I was speeding). And to top it off, for the first time almost ever, I left my wallet on the table at home.

It didnt help that I got the most arrogant cop I have ever come across, who suggested as I had a bald head and was wearing a flannellette shirt and was driving a BMW, that I had stolen it. He was seriously the dumbest moron I have ever dealt with.

I started off nice, but I was soon treating him the way he was treating me. He threatened to arrest me, so I said fine, lets farking go then and got out of my car, slammed the door into him almost knocking him over, and locked it. Walked over to his cop car, opened the front passenger door, picked up all his work books and folders and threw them in the back seat. Got in car, put on seat belt and said "lets farking go then"

After a 5 minute screaming match that attracted 10 bystanders, he decided not to arrest me and let me go.

I'd love to see him do it now, I could have a Human Rights Commission complaint against him

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (27-05-17),enf (27-05-17),gulliver (29-05-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

So you went easy on him admin

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    snip..............I got pulled over a couple of years back for being just over the speed limit
    Lucky you live in AU, in the US you would have been beaten, then shot, and all done legally because the cop thought your behaviour was threatening

Thanks
    Thanked 3,229 Times in 1,451 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    Lucky you live in AU, in the US you would have been beaten, then shot, and all done legally because the cop thought your behaviour was threatening
    Not if you're white

I remember this thing turned up in NSW a couple months back and I couldn't remember where it was or what it was about.
    It came to me this afternoon. There was a report from South West Rocks about an officer (not sure if was council or police)
    They were issuing fines for boat trailers parked in the parking bays without rego plates or lights on them. Of course you know that they are taken off so the trailer can back into the water.

I'm not sure the story was real (it might have been fake news) and I'm cautious of this article being fake news too. I'll need to go back and look at the original report again. But you'll notice that both of these articles sound very similar. The NSW case the story seemed to disappear.
    When the people who posted the story were questioned about it, it was a "friend of a friend". No actual person said "this happened to me."
    Yes I am an agent of Satan, but my duties are largely ceremonial.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

If the guy had driven off out of the carpark without a seatbelt then that would be fair , but being pinged between the ramp and the rigging area ? If it actually happened , then thats a low act.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

enf (29-05-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

This sort of thing is nothing new......remember this?

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following User Says Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (29-05-17)