Thread: Tecom door controlled by timezone?

Thanks

Default Tecom door controlled by timezone?

Hi guys, I was hoping you might be able to help. I have taken over IT for a company and they are using a Tecom Challenger system accessible via TITAN ver. TS9002-R01.08.04
    Basic usage i have been able to figure out but they now want a few changes done.

The front door is locked until the first user uses the HID card reader to enter the building then if it is after 8am it remains unlocked until 5pm at night. I am trying to understand how this has been set up and replicate it on another of their internal doors that lock after 30 seconds access. Internal door also has a card reader that is normally used but they would like this just time activated like the front door.

Front door is controlled by a 4 door controller.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I prefix this with the usual. This is a high end system, working on the programming within this system can expose you to programing options that when changed can adversely affect the operation of your security system. Any changes made without completely understanding the effects can render your security system inoperative. I issue no warranty on any advice given. If you are unsure of the required options contact a security professional.
    You want to look at the reader options for the door connected to the 4 door controller.
    INSTALLER MENU OPTION 28: -Remote Controllers (The "Remote Number" is the DGP Address of the unit.), Menu Option 2: -Door Options. Then select one of the four door numbers associated with the DGP Address of the Controller you are programming. DOOR OPTIONS MENU OPTION 4: -Reader Options)
    The menu options controlling the functions you are looking for is specifically the Over-ride Timezone and the Over-ride After Entry menu options.

Thanks

I agree with jimmyc that prior knowledge is essential with a Challenger system programming. Challenger has the ability to be programmed different ways to achieve the same outcome.

jimmy has given console/keypad instructions instead of TITAN instructions.

If you want door two to run the same as the front door, add it to the same "door group/s" as the front door.
    Warning: this will give all users with that/those door group/s the same access.

If you have users with different access levels, you may need someone with real Challenger experience to make the changes.

Thanks

The over-ride on the front door is a very simple tick the box option.
    It is a simple yet powerful system for those that know their way around it and it can a big time (and Money)consuming hole for those who dont.

I'm sure you would be well served to find someone who would contract to you to get the work with little risk to your good self.

What your wanting is simple But!
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!

Thanks

Thank you for all the information. Adding the "Override TZ" door group and ticking "Override After Entry" sorted it out.

I would personally prefer to get a tech in but the company is being stubborn. Given it is an internal door simply from factory to office that is currently always unlocked that has no security risks I feel ok 'playing' with it. If they want to change settings on the front door (external access) then yes i will push harder for a tech.

Is there anywhere you would recommend for further reading on programming in general. Seems like a fantastic and powerful system with what I've managed to decode on my own so far.

Thanks

About the only thing you can do is get the manuals and start reading.
    You might find a Hills Training manual for Tecom around somewhere which will give you the basics.

My guess is that most techs do the training then ditch / forget where their manuals have got to.

If you PM me an email addy I can send you the Tecom manuals as supplied from Interlogix. What you do with the info is at your risk....
    Aspire to Inspire Before you Expire!!