Thread: 3 channel modulator with IR passing distributed to 12 points

Thanks

Default 3 channel modulator with IR passing distributed to 12 points

I have an application where I have a 3 channel modulator (ie modulate 3 different devices on 3 uhf channels) with IR passing that needs to be split to 12 outlets.

I've been informed that the modulator has an output of 64dB and the configuration will tenantively be as follows:

1. RF Modulator in main living room.
    2. Approx 15m RG6 coax run from modulator to ditribution point under stairwell.
    3. Coax to be terminated into 2 way splitter and then again into 2 6 way splitters. The splitters are all power passing to allow for IR passing to each of the final destination rf outlets.
    4. Each of the 12 splitter outlets will then have a rg6 coax run of ~10-15 metres terminating at an f-connector wall plate.
    5. The f-connector wall plate will have the necessary IRreceiver to be able to use the remote at that point and an output to plug in to the TV.

I estimate the losses to each point to be ~20dB which would mean a final signal of ~44dB at each point, which is well below the acceptable 50dB.

My question is how to overcome the losses to ensure noise free reception at each point? I have a Kingray MDA20U (ie 19dBgain) amp at my disposal, but my concern is that if I place it before the splitters, will it interfere with the IR passing? Can anyone offer any comment/solution?

One idea that I had was to do the following: I was thinking if connecting the incoming cable from the modulator to a 2 way splitter (wit 1 leg power pass). The power pass leg to then run into the "ch 0-36" leg of a diplexor. Secondly, the non power pass leg to be fed into the amp and then the power injector. From the power injector to the "ch45-69" leg of the same diplexor. From there, the rest of the circuit remains the same, ie int the all power pass splitters, etc.....

Look Here ->
    Thanks

anyone?

Thanks

From the sounds of it, you have a pretty good handle on things.

Go for it

Thanks

Thinking this cant be to hard: use a couple of power injectors to bypass control volts around the distribution amp.