Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warning: rant - miscommunication and implied accusations

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Default Warning: rant - miscommunication and implied accusations

What a lovely day I've had so far. What a lovely year I've had so far.

Just got the shit-covered end of a stick handed to me again this morning.

Since when did "Would you like to grab a coffee later?" begin to mean "I want to f*ck you?"

I resent the accusation, as my intentions were nowhere near that. And she's not the first one in the last year.

Look at my words. I say what I mean. At what point did I say what she thought I said?

What a f*cking world we live in. I'm sick of it!

Man-haters, feminists, reverse-racists (which is still no more than just a racist), power-brokers and just general haters.

People being hauled over the coals for saying something as innocuous as: "Colonialism wasn't all bad, it did give us our infrastructure." Oh my goodness! What a racist!

I get some corrupt piece of political trash telling me I'm destroying the environment! I'm consuming too much! ME! A man alone, with not a tenth of their consumptive habits and lavish lifestyles. The shortages of natural resources we've been having recently during a drought is the result of people like me! Not because of unchecked population migration to my city, buildings springing up like mushrooms because of what is most likely a corrupt tendering/contracting system (a you lick my arse and I'll suck your cock system), not because of the lack of balls to take to task the wasteful rich at the risk of losing that lovely revenue, no no, none of that, it's ME!

What a load of BS, and then some people wonder why I ignore them, and live in my own world. Because their world is SHIT!
    Last edited by irritant; 22-06-17 at 08:08 PM.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-06-17),enf (23-06-17),exited (22-06-17),Landytrack (23-06-17),Spongebob (24-06-17)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member
    Thanks

Well, on this side of the pond (Indian pond that is) something as innocuous as a word can and does run the possibility of a claim of harassment, racism or discrimination.
    All that PC crap gets to us as well if that's any consolation.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Skepticist For This Useful Post:

eaglem (23-06-17),enf (23-06-17),irritant (22-06-17),VroomVroom (23-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Slap its tits

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

Al Bundy (23-06-17),alpha0ne (23-06-17),irritant (22-06-17)

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Not knowing where you where and what you were doing (like turning down the sheets as you asked) , that reaction doesnt make sense, does it!!!
    My sage and useless advise is to, suck it up, grin and bear (bare) it, move on, go throw stones at some glass houses, change partners but beware you may get more than you bargained for.
    Aint life grand ????
    Last edited by gordon_s1942; 22-06-17 at 09:49 PM.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

irritant (22-06-17),Rick (22-06-17)

Thanks

Coffee gets the blame for every miscommunication. LOL. The best one is when the drinks are done she reveals she poisoned his cup when he wasn't looking. He replies he swapped cups when she wasn't looking.

Life is short. Play hard

• The Following User Says Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

irritant (22-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gordon_s1942 View Post
    ...grin and bear (bare) it...
    But, my mouth is getting lame from all the grinning already, LOL.

It's like our parents told us, you make that face long enough, it'll stay like that.

As an aside regarding the second part of my post - here I stand, fitting energy-saving light-bulbs, switching off lights at night in the house, throwing rainwater into the cistern, etc. when I look out the window during the day and see street lights burning, burst water pipes with water flowing away into the drain, burst sewage pipes contaminating storm-water channels, hearing of people using 200 kilolitres of water per month in a normal household - makes me feel like an idiot pursuing a futile cause. Here I'm doing all this conserving rubbish, and one other person in a moment is offsetting the efforts of 1000 like me. Or the "authorities" who don't even bother to fix stuff that is wasting resources by being broken.

It's scary. It's scary how the world has become such a place already where we ignore the hard facts and the real "elephant in the room" to satisfy the bruised egos of certain individuals whilst lining their pockets.

Several years ago, they told us who enjoyed our recreational 4-wheel drive adventures on the beach, that we weren't allowed to ride on the sand anymore. A certain bird which was apparently on the endangered list was quoted as the reason (I happen to know it was the action of a certain individual (who had power) who was nearly run over by a 4x4 on a beach that initiated the closing of the beaches, but never mind...). They told us - extreme limitations on taking out shellfish and lobsters, licenses for recreational fishing (yes, an actual annually renewable permit, just to use a fishing rod and collect bait). Busts of illegally poached shellfish and lobster have soared. Worth millions each time. Try convincing me those laws wasn't a way of getting Joe Public out of eye-shot.

So sick of all this BS.
    Last edited by irritant; 22-06-17 at 11:44 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Sadly, Adrian, there is no replays, you get the ball that's handed to you, what you do with it is entirely up to you. I detest the BS that goes on these days, too. AFAIAC I'll say, and do what I see is correct, if someone doesn't like it, too bad, I ain't going to let them tie my knickers in a twist. No point getting all wound up over it, the only person you hurt is you. The cause of it all has probably ridden off into the sun set without a care in the world, and certainly, without a clue, too.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

irritant (23-06-17)

Thanks

I didn't mean to rant guys, sorry. I'm just an extremely frustrated person, and I have nowhere or nobody to go to here (where I live), because everyone has sided with "them" if you know what I mean (haha, now I sound really ridiculous ).

I don't mean to ramble or speak in a vague manner, it's like this basically - some days you meet a person or people that you think is/are different. By different, I mean, not like the rest (or someone who has not accepted the way of today kind of thing). Then you spend your time speaking to them and getting to know them because it is like a refreshing breath of fresh air.

You get to know this person and you think this is really great as you share many viewpoints. Then they say or act in some way and you realize immediately they are no different to those people you try to avoid. Almost like being baited in and then you get bitten by the viper. This is proving extremely frustrating for me. I can't seem to find anyone anymore who a person can get to know and be friends with, you meet the outer person, who is not the same as the inner person. The inner person is a line-tower, a conformist, a believer in the current status-quo, a mercenary. Appearing an individual on the outside, but believing in the "common goal".

What does a person like me do who does not like the "common goal"? A person who doesn't believe what he is told on the TV, etc., who doesn't agree with a single thing he hears? How can I become a part of something and be passionate about "life" when there seems to be something fundamentally wrong with seemingly every single thing I hear, see or encounter? Is this even possible, or am I nuts? When it is no more than convenient lies that serve to make people believe they are happy and everything is right with the world. I believe there is an alternative truth to all of this, but it never seems to surface. The liars seem to lie until what they are saying literally BECOMES true.
    Last edited by irritant; 23-06-17 at 05:38 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,514 Times in 835 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post
    What does a person like me do who does not like the "common goal"?
    mate , i dont know your situation but it seems like moving away from where you live to another town or region is what you need. is you job portable ? can you just pack up and move away? sometimes a small thing like that can change everything for the better.

as for women , you'll never work them out!! years ago i started working for a training company in Sydney and commented to the receptionist about the nice high heels she just bought at lunchtime.thats all i said!! About an hour later I was called into the State Manager's office with an official complaint of sexual harrassment against me. I couldnt believe it , i had been nothing but nice to her for months. I just ignored her from that time on. A few months later i was promoted to Regional Manager and first thing i did was sack the receptionist and blaming it on downturn in business , staff cutbacks etc. Payback is a bitch!!! funnily enough a couple of weeks later work picked up and i needed to hire a new receptionist. funny that.

• The Following User Says Thank You to VroomVroom For This Useful Post:

irritant (23-06-17)

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

Awright Adrian, "Haven't I seen you someplace before?" was getting old for me
    . . .

If "Would you like to grab a coffee later?" works for you in Oz, I'll have to try it over here!

Thanks!

• The Following User Says Thank You to cmangle For This Useful Post:

irritant (23-06-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Adrian, I do feel for you, and all I can offer, is the old cliche, if the horse bucks you off, you've just got to get back on there and show it who's boss. Without knowing the full situation, and circumstances, (of course, it's non of our business), it's had to give more than general advice/commiseration.

irritant (23-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Lucky you didn't invite her to come and relax while watching some streaming video service.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

irritant (23-06-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    ...I'll have to try it over here!

Thanks!
    Don't do it!!! LOL

Unless you want your balls cut off.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by VroomVroom View Post
    I just ignored her from that time on. A few months later i was promoted to Regional Manager and first thing i did was sack the receptionist and blaming it on downturn in business, staff cutbacks etc. Payback is a bitch!!! funnily enough a couple of weeks later work picked up and i needed to hire a new receptionist. funny that.
    Haha yeah, there are quite a few here that I am ignoring right now after they acted like snooty, stuck-up cows.

Like your solution. I think I'm gonna try that.

Thanks

What I can't understand is, these people talk to me first!

I'm normally where I always am, in my own world, minding my own business, doing my thing.

When I asked her the notorious question, it was because I was tired of being bombarded with personal questions for about an hour. I was trying to say in a nice way "Hey, can we chat during the lunch hour instead, I'm kinda busy right now!"

If they don't like me, why do they talk to me? Just leave me alone then!

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,193 Times in 1,905 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Slap its tits
    With ya knob, so there's no mistaking your intentions.
    Cheers
    Ted (Al)

• The Following User Says Thank You to Al Bundy For This Useful Post:

irritant (24-06-17)

Thanks

Result!

Just found out today the snooty cow has left and was only there temporarily. Sometimes my problems just seem to solve themselves. Love it.

LSemmens
    Thanks

Maybe she'd been given her marching orders and was taking it out on you.

irritant (25-06-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Maybe give babaguru a call ?

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to hoe For This Useful Post:

irritant (25-06-17),lsemmens (25-06-17),mtv (25-06-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    Maybe give babaguru a call ?
    Touché

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

irritant (25-06-17)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast