Thread: G'day All

Thanks

Default G'day All

G'day everyone.

I'm Encid and I'm new to this forum.
    Obviously I am not new to forum software as I have already worked out how to activate an avatar and also add a signature, but I am new to Austech.
    I stumbled over it by accident... whilst searching for other stuff on Google. I've been lurking for a while now but have finally decided to bite the bullet and join up.
    I have noticed that members are treated with respect here, which is important to me.
    Not that I'm thin-skinned... but members who flame other members just for the sake of it annoys me no end, which is why I lurked for a while.

I'm an Aussie expat living in SEA (Thailand specifically) for the past 15 years... working in the Oil & Gas industry when I can (a bit quiet at the moment though) but I now call Thailand home.
    I still have family and friends back in Oz, and do visit them occasionally, but find it very expensive compared with living here.

It's always good to have a bit of friendly banter with other Aussies, so I'm looking forward to participating in some of your discussions here.

Cheers.
    I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I'm here than a whole truck load when I'm gone...

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Welcome aboard, Encid.

Good intro.

Do you have any particular interests?

Thanks

Thank you.

I like mucking around with Kodi, which is one of the reasons that I signed up.
    I have been tinkering with video addons for years and still can't get good quality HD streaming sources for Aussie TV.
    Living in Thailand has it's ups and downs... but the availability of streaming TV and movies has made the vagaries of living in a developing nation under dictatorial control reasonably bearable.

Of course the plethora of beautiful and affordable golf courses around here is also one of my keen interests... as are the pretty and affordable caddies and the nice cold beer at the 19th hole.
    I would rather have one rose and a kind word from a friend while I'm here than a whole truck load when I'm gone...

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Welcome mate, hope to see you as a regular poster.

Good to see you have had a lurk and watched the site before joining.....equally amazed you still signed up after that As you have probably seen, a thick skin is required for general chat but we dont tolerate people deliberately trolling for the sake of it. There are some pretty ummm....robusff discussions in there at times.

Good to see you have an interest in streaming, I am hoping to see more discussion as the NBN spreads throughout Australia.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Good to see you have an interest in streaming, I am hoping to see more discussion as the NBN spreads throughout Australia.
    NBN?
    Please excuse my ignorance but WTF is that?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

National Broadband Network.....high speed internet Australia wide. Rolling out now.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Welcome Encid. It's good to see you here, as you have observed, there is a plethora of experience here. Hopefully you will find some new friends here. Out of curiosity, what part of Oz did you come from?
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Welcome Encid. It's good to see you here, as you have observed, there is a plethora of experience here. Hopefully you will find some new friends here. Out of curiosity, what part of Oz did you come from?
    Originally Geelong VIC, but later Perth WA.

I am still a Cats supporter.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

We all have out cross to bear......

I'm not a huge footy fan, but I do keep an eye on it from time to time. Son is a Power fan, so I even get to go to the occasional game. I spent a few years in Darwin, so have some idea of your chosen home. Have many friends who have spent considerable time in and around SE Asia, and, of course, quite a few SE Asian Friends.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...