Thread: Walt Disney Studios and Johnny Depp

Banned

Thanks
    Thanked 3,031 Times in 777 Posts

Default Walt Disney Studios and Johnny Depp

I wonder how Disney Studios feel about Johnny Depps remark about assassinating the president?

That's good wholesome Disney family fun!

"When was the last time an actor assassinated a president...maybe it is time!"

Last edited by cmangle; 24-06-17 at 05:23 AM.

Look Here ->
    Banned

Thanks

You couldn't keep your mouth shut could you Johnny, had to join in with all the other Hollywood suckups. Is Soros paying YOU TOO?

I wonder how "WALT Disney" would feel about Disney Studios valuing "MONEY" over "VALUES"! "The film series started in 2003 with Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl, which received positive reviews from the critics and grossed US$654 million worldwide.[1] After the first film's success, Walt Disney Pictures revealed that a trilogy was in the works."

How naive I am to think that they would turn down $654 million dollars to uphold American values (Democratic values?)!
    Last edited by cmangle; 24-06-17 at 07:03 AM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,077 Times in 9,094 Posts

Pretty stupid of him, but really.........don't overplay the outrage...

Donald “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” Trump is no saint in the stupid comment stakes.

Odds are that like all the other complainers, Depp probably didn't even vote.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

mkhannah (25-06-17),Uncle Fester (26-06-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Depp has already admitted it was a stupid comment. Given his public profile. It's not as though one of us has not made a stupid comment from time to time, and gotten a good laugh out of it. Had we been Johnny Depp, we, too might be in the pooh, too.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned

Thanks

Granted Isemmens, but you or I are not the poster boy fro putting MONEY into Disney's pockets . . .

I guess beating up the wife doesn't give him the same Adrenalin rush anymore! Looks like Johnny boy has decided to go after something bigger?

Now that shows some real Disney FAMILY goals for your son, "A wife beating Lee Harvey Oswald!".

And Isemmens, yes we all do say stupid things sometimes but these "celebrities" aren't making a slip of the tongue . . .

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cmangle View Post
    Granted Isemmens, but you or I are not the poster boy fro putting MONEY into Disney's pockets . . .

I guess beating up the wife doesn't give him the same Adrenalin rush anymore! Looks like Johnny boy has decided to go after something bigger?

Now that shows some real Disney FAMILY goals for your son, "A wife beating Lee Harvey Oswald!".
    He's not Lee Harvey Oswald is he. Jeeez cmangle..... Has he been convicted of shooting anyone? Or even attempting to?

And Isemmens, yes we all do say stupid things sometimes but these "celebrities" aren't making a slip of the tongue . . .
    Neither was Donald “I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn’t lose any voters.” Trump...he was just being an arrogant, ignorant twat, just like Donald...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Banned

Thanks

Jeeez enf, I think it's obvious he has not shot anyone, but Jeez they BOTH contemplated ASSASSINATING a president? Is that more correct?

But the ignorant arrogant twat named Trump got elected president! Not bad for an ignorant arrogant twat, ya think?

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Oh FFS....anger now? You really go over the top.

You called JD Lee Harvey Oswald not me. All for making a stupid quip. A total overreaction.

Oh! I don't like Johnny Depp either. He's a tool. When he came to Australia the first thing he and his wife (girlfriend?) did was break an important quarantine law with their dog....and were smug and arrogant about it. A lot like Trump in that respect, although I dunno if Depp has jumped into bed with the Russians yet.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Jeeez enf, I think it's obvious he has not shot anyone, but Jeez they BOTH contemplated ASSASSINATING a president? Is that more correct?

But the ignorant arrogant twat named Trump got elected president! Not bad for an ignorant arrogant twat, ya think?
    C'mon cmangle, do you honestly believe Johnny Depp can be directly compared to Lee Harvey Oswald? I don't think so.

Depp was just being his typical loudmouth arrogant self... also not unlike Donald.

I think even you would have to doubt Depp was actually literally contemplating assassinating the president.... and publicising his intentions?... pfffttt.

Depp is no different to Madonna, Charlie Sheen and others who have also made comments about assassinating Trump..... Also dumb comments to make IMHO.

Yes, agreed, quite an achievement for an ignorant arrogant twat to be elected president, which can be attributed to those who voted for him.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

enf (25-06-17),Uncle Fester (26-06-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

My question is what the F!@k was Depp doing on Stage with a legend like Kris Kristofferson at Glastonbury yesterday?
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

cmangle (26-06-17),enf (25-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

How naive I am to think that they would turn down $654 million dollars to uphold American values (Democratic values?)!

‘I have made the tough decisions, always with an eye toward the bottom line. Perhaps it’s time America was run like a business.’

- Donald Trump -

Seems to me that Disney are doing exactly what your Dear Leader wants them to do.

American values = Democratic values
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 25-06-17 at 05:25 PM.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

Our "Donald" has been a god send for every comic since his election and while Depp's reference to assination by an actor was a bit much, I dont see he's out of step with the barrow loads of comments being made everyday.
    A late american lady I spoke to in Yahoo chat detested Barrack Obama and her fervent hope was that someone would assinate him !
    We often say that "if we had a gun, we'd shoot you' but in the US they do have guns and they do shoot !!!
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

As I said before - miscommunications and implied accusations.

Why bring the whole Amber Heard thing into it? What, does this prove unequivocally he is some kind of sick monster that really wanted to kill the president?

FFS, this modern-day media really needs to sit down and have a long, hard look at themselves. I just see a slightly sloshed man making a stupid joke that wasn't even funny.

Ironically, what this actually proves unequivocally is Mr Trump's statement about fake news.
    Last edited by irritant; 25-06-17 at 07:01 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

cmangle (26-06-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianR View Post

Ironically, what this actually proves unequivocally is Mr Trump's statement about fake news.
    No man, it doesn't...in fact quite the opposite. The statement was real, as was Trumps quote. The media spin it both ways for sure (and boy, their spin has more centripetal force than a quasar), but that doesn't alter the reality of it.

Trump just lies and denies...a proven winner with the mentally challenged voter....

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Oh! I don't like Johnny Depp either. He's a tool. When he came to Australia the first thing he and his wife (girlfriend?) did was break an important quarantine law with their dog....and were smug and arrogant about it. A lot like Trump in that respect, although I dunno if Depp has jumped into bed with the Russians yet.
    That just speaks to Depp's lack of circumspection. He thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread and that laws, and such, do not apply to him, just like another American that he has mentioned. TBH, who really cares what he or Trump, for that fact, says? Trump, at least, is in a position where he can do some real damage so we must need, at least, be aware of Trump's foot and mouth disease.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

cmangle (26-06-17),enf (27-06-17),Uncle Fester (26-06-17)

Banned

Thanks

enf, no anger what so ever!

just enjoying the ride!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Depp is complete tosser, cant stand the prick, even his ex-manager says the parasite is an habitual lair extravagant rich prick, crash and burn

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rick For This Useful Post:

cmangle (28-06-17),enf (27-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Rick View Post
    Depp is complete tosser, cant stand the prick, even his ex-manager says the parasite is an habitual lair extravagant rich prick, crash and burn
    i.e. your typical modern-day celebrity.

• The Following User Says Thank You to irritant For This Useful Post:

cmangle (28-06-17)