Thread: Satking HD600CA

Thanks

Default Satking HD600CA

Hi peoples,
    I decided to turn on my Satking decoder, which I haven't used for a while. I found that I have no audio. RT, EURO NEWS and France24. I thought the box can do AAC. I did a rescan and still the same. Audio on the box is ok because I get audio on Bethel TV. Do I need to change any other values?

Regards,

aarty

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Have you installed the latest software/firmware?

• The Following User Says Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

aarty (24-06-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

This issue has been discussed before:

If the information contained in Post #11 of that thread, then it looks like you are toast:

No hope for the SatKing HD600CA

After a long talk with staff from Pheonix Melbourne today
    there is no hope that the SatKing HD600CA receiver will get a firmware upgrade that can fix the AAC Sound problem
    The Chipset just does not support AAC sound decoding so a firmware update to fix this will not work.
    So in the end what is written on the 600CA Box and in the specs means nothing.

The only thing Phoenix is able to offer us is to hand over our receiver and an amount of money, not yet decided
    but around $50 to $60 and they will give us another Mpeg 4 receiver I think its called the X3 that can decode the AAC Sound

Pheonix say they will take a loss to do this, also they have 7000 boxes of 600CA receivers in their warehouse, its not a 100% loss on all 7000 units.
    About a 1/3 of sales for this model go to people who need to pick up the 4e and euronews and other Greek FTA channels that are now affected by the AAC sound issue

I will take the offer from Phoenix when I get down there next time and test the X3 receiver and let everyone on the forum know the results.
    So all take note that what is written on a satellite receiver box is not always true.

Anyway Phoenix staff have been honest and happy to help us out on this matter, in the end they do not control what TVPlus does with its channels.
    we live and learn.
    As noted in the thread, the Specs for the HD600CA claim that it is capable of processing AAC.........but the news from Phoenix (their distributors) says otherwise.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

aarty (24-06-17),mtv (24-06-17)

Thanks

Hi peoples,

I tried the firmware upgrade.... But still the same.

Thala Dan....

Thanks for the advise also... I live near Phoenix so I see what they tell me.....
    If they can't do anything then I'll use it as garden edging.
    By the end of the year with all the changes I should be able to complete the whole garden.

• The Following User Says Thank You to aarty For This Useful Post:

Thala Dan (24-06-17)