Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Six desktops in one

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bunyipbilly View Post

When I look closely at these pictures, the first thing I see is a resolution which doesn't seem like 1920x1080, the taskbar and start button seem too big (relative to the desktop area) for that.

It also seems like there are actually more than six screens - I can see a 7th and an 8th one right at the bottom, albeit just their very tops. This seems to indicate it just keeps repeating forever - if the screen was bigger it would show even more repeats of it, in both dimensions.

They are also not six equal screens, the ones on the left seem fully showing, and the one's on the right seem like they are cut off somehow. Confirms a little what I guessed in the previous point.

The colour doesn't seem right, also seems like 256 colours or 16 colours. The colour is definitely not rendering properly - pink clouds, red/brown start button (should be green), should be a dark blue taskbar, also seems like a high contrast image (no smooth transitions between different shades of the same colour), like it's lacking in number of colours being displayed. Maybe try setting it to 16-bit or 32-bit colour scheme. I once had an old computer with Windows 98 on it and a VGA card that wouldn't display correctly on a colour CRT monitor, I mean it was hideous - it had yellow and green stripes over the screen and stretched out in an extremely ugly manner, cut off half way across the screen. I played with the resolution and the colour setting and the display rectified (also was correct in safe mode). With my old VGA cards I found that the colour and resolution settings have to match it exactly, otherwise it gives all kinds of crazy symptoms in terms of display. Usually weird colours and ugly stretching.

If the screen has any kind of buttons, maybe try playing with V and H stretch, V and H hold, contrast, brightness, colour, auto-adjust, etc.

If none of that works, the BIOS settings don't fix it, and everything fails to fix it, then I guess it must be a virus of some kind, which is probable as WinXP is plagued with the stuff nowadays.
    Last edited by irritant; 12-07-17 at 02:00 AM.

Thanks

I'm trying "Tristen's" Hirens cd and report back.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bunyipbilly For This Useful Post:

hoe (13-07-17),irritant (13-07-17)

Thanks

To me appears like a Faulty Screen / try connecting to external monitor - process of elimination..

• The Following User Says Thank You to mutanti For This Useful Post:

irritant (13-07-17)

• Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123