Thread: 1DVR and 2Monitors

Thanks

Default 1DVR and 2Monitors

I have an 16 channel analogue DVR and 2 monitors, I want one monitor to show all 16 cameras and the other monitor shows just one camera.
    What I need to do to make this happen?
    Thanks

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

Depends on the capability of your DVR.

Mentioning the model may be helpful.

Thanks

The DVR is Pacom, and it s has VGA output, And the other two monitors got VGA, No BNC output, and I need 1 monitor to show 16 cameras and the other monitor just one.
    Thanks

Administrator
    Thanks

If the DVR only has a single output, then that's what you're stuck with.

You can add a VGA splitter to feed multiple displays, but all will have the same picture displayed.

I'm presuming your DVR can select different display configurations, Eg: all cams, some cams, single cams, etc... but you will be restricted to what is displayed on that single output.

Thanks

When you say Pacom DVR are current cameras connected by a bnc connector. Then depends on the camera type, if it an analogue camera, then just put a bnc "T" piece into the camera you what to be displayed on single monitor and get a monitor with BNC input or via BNC converters / adaptors to suit monitor input.

Some DVR's had a camera loop out that you could run to a monitor or the DVR may have a spot monitor output.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    ..., if it an analogue camera, then just put a bnc "T" piece into the camera you what to be displayed on single monitor and get a monitor with BNC input or via BNC converters / adaptors to suit monitor input.
    It's often not that simple, as parallel connection of devices to a single output via a 'T' BNC connector, changes the impedance, often resulting in the video image going dark.

Worth a try though.

A better way of achieving the same result would be to use a composite video splitter on that camera.

This is assuming of course that the single camera you want to display is always going to be the same camera.

Thanks

Yes all cameras are connected by BNC connectors, analogue cameras.
    As I montioned before I have 2 monitors, one is just next to DVR and it has VGA and HDMI output, and the other monitor which is in the front of shop has also VGA and HDMI.
    I run a CAT5 from the DVR to the second monitor which is at the front of the shop, so I don't know what to do next.

Thanks

You have said to put BNC "T" piece into the camera That i want to displayed on single monitor,How this can work? Do I still get to see 16 cameras in the other monitor if I use the BNC "T" piece?
    Thanks a lot

Administrator
    Thanks

*A BNC 'T' piece is just a 3-way connector and you connect your single camera to one of the three sides, one goes to the camera input of the DVR and the the third one to the single camera monitor.

All you are doing is inserting the connector in-line between the existing camera input and the DVR. Think of it as a double adaptor... one becomes two.

It makes no difference to the 16 camera display, it just effectively gives you a second output connection from that single camera.

*With the exception that connecting in this manner can sometimes cause the image to go dark, as I mentioned above.

You would need to then have a monitor that accepts a composite BNC signal, otherwise, you would need to convert the video signal to a type the screen can display. Eg: composite to VGA, composite to HDMI, etc.

I take it you already use some form of conversion/baluns etc to run video over Cat5? You haven't explained how you have connected the Cat5 cable, as Cat5 cable can't carry VGA or HDMI without some form of conversion.