Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Box Hill Heart Surgeon Dies

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Al Bundy View Post
    While I do agree with what your saying, I can't help but think that the moment he he decided to hit the guy, that was premeditated, whether it be a second before he did it or an hour, I really can't see the difference.
    I can see where you are coming from but I dont think it will hold up - however some guys have been charged with murder in the past after a fatal fight but in that case the guys had planned to go out on the town with the sole purpose of hurting as many people as possible so showing intent.

A sign of our times and maybe the type of rec drugs being used - in the good old days maybe a bit of yelling and pushing before a fight where now it is hit first and yell at the body lying on the ground.

No sure what the max penalty is for manslaughter vs murder but in reality I dont think there is a lot different.

No matter whether he is charged with murder or manslaughter I think we agree this guy needs to put away for a long time with a cell mate who has a 12" @#$%.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,109 Times in 9,100 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garrycol View Post

No matter whether he is charged with murder or manslaughter I think we agree this guy needs to put away for a long time with a cell mate who has a 12" @#$%.
    I dunno. It would depend on his preferences whether that was punishment or not wouldn't it?
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

We all see the loss and destruction he has caused
    We are all in agreeance his sentence should reflect the loss of the Victims life + The Loss to the Victims Family and perhaps a percentage given the victims vocation in saving lives.

The court (Judge) however, will consider the perpetrator as a victim himself
    Take into consideration his up bringing, drug use, mental state, chance of rehabilitation, prior history and a guilty plee into account to discount his sentence.

FFS, no wonder they get it SO wrong!
    Why does the crook get so many considerations and the victim (now deceased) get none, absolutely not one!

It is all about the chance of rehabilitation, nothing reflects the crime anymore.
    First Offence, Cleanskin, No Priors.... it was an accident, i didn't mean to kill him, i'm sorry, here is a hand written letter telling you how sorry i am
    (mainly to lesson my sentence, not because i'm actually sorry)

5 years.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 29-06-17 at 08:32 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12