Thread: An Americian Crime (2007)

Thanks

Default An Americian Crime (2007)

I know this is not a current release but just finished watching it so a quick post

Was not sure what to expect from this film, and 1/2 started to watch it a few times, but being that its based on tragic events I think you need to be in a mood to watch it.

In a nut shell, revolves around the imprisonment and torture (and ultimately, the death) of a young teenage girl in Indiana USA. The film is broken up between scenes from the story and scenes from the courtroom as this is based on a true story in 1966.

A carnival Family leaves there daughters with a single mother of 6 whilst they travel around trying to make money, during this time the mother failing to cope with her own children and lack of money will not believe her eldest daughter has fallen pregnant and as such takes her vengeance out on the children that have "boarded" with her.

I actually found it quite disturbing, and goes to prove that there is sick people in this world.

Cathrine Keener portrays the woman that inflicts the cruelty on this teenage girl (and her performance is very well done) and is very believable in this role.

I liked the fact that it had correlation with religion and as such, one can imagine the era of the 60's in country USA and all the false morals that existed at the time.

Stella performance from the teenage girl Ellen Page (Juno), I think she was spot on with her acting, quietly understated in what must have been a difficult role to play.

The only time it lost me was when she comes back with her family to save her sister, but I guess it was used to tie in the conclusion at the end of the film where she narrates the sentencing of all those involved. I just found it a funny way to go about it.

I think if your in the mood for a good story (shocking in reality), a well acted film, that ticks all the boxes for entertainment.

Then if you have not seen this and it comes your way, might want to have a perusal at it.

BAD Miss Conception, only got it for heather grahame (spelling??) not worth the download, spose its a "chick" flick, find it hard to believe that even girls would find this one of any value.. absolute stinker IMHO

BAD Death Valley... strictly B grade and all the way baby!!

edit: also watched "911 In plane sight" for those that don't think 911 was an inside job might want to have a look at this as well, again nothing we have not seen before.. but more of an effort to ask questions to those that should know better..
    Last edited by z1gg33; 11-09-08 at 06:06 AM.
    If you feed ducks at a pond, chances are your bound to feed a goose or two without even knowing it.

Look Here ->