Thread: Telefunken TLD 3201 Dark Screen

Thanks

Default Telefunken TLD 3201 Dark Screen

Hi all,

I thought I would post my recent experience with this LCD and seek advise as I'm almost at a roadblock.

I picked this up a few weeks ago via a post on a Facebook site (FOC - I hate landfill and if I could fix it - even better). Although this is a telefunken name, it is a cheap chinese rebadge. The LCD is a Samsung LTA320w-L14 screen. I initially suspected some blown caps - easy fix I thought.

The TV would power up - you get an image for 1 second and then the screen goes dark. Holding a torch to the screen and you can see an image. I did 2 things:

1) I found a replacement inverter board going cheap
    2) Replaced all the secondary PSU caps
    3) Checked pico fuses on T-Con and Main board - all good.

Unfortunately, this hasn't done much. All the PSU outputs are at the correct voltages so at present, I can only assume that it is the CCFLs. I have been able to only power up a pair at a time (disconnecting the rest) however I still get some light and unable to tell if both are working.

Has anyone come across similar? My last option is to change input to TV and with snow, see if there is discolouration - this at least might provide a clue.

Any ideas appreciated.

BS

Look Here ->
    Thanks

As a followup, I was able to determine that the fault lay with the CCFLs although I couldn't determine exactly which one. The cost of a replacement was not worth it however the cost of 4 x LED strips with 10 lamps each and a universal inverter was cheaper so I opted to replace the lamps with the LEDs.

The parts came with no schematic apart from the pin allocations and a couple of the lenses needed to be re-reglued. The disassembly and reassembly took all of around 90 minutes and I know have a working TV (although one of the LEDS is a little brighter than the rest causing a hot spot). For a spare TV, not too shabby and proud to say I did it my self.

In terms of wiring, I took the 24v from the 14pin cable and used this as my Vcc. I then used the 5v as the on-off and the Dim pin as the Vadj. Pretty straight forward.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 4,171 Times in 1,771 Posts

Well done!

...and thanks for the progress report.