Thread: Paradox Alarm SP5500/IP150/TM50 - Managing Phone Numbers

Thanks

Default Paradox Alarm SP5500/IP150/TM50 - Managing Phone Numbers

Hi All,

Great forum. First timer...

I have a Paradox SP550 + TM50 keypad + IP150 unit. Connected to a phone-line + GSM gateway as a backup. I control the alarm from my phone app and customized remote. All working fine.

I can login into the unit via the ip address/8080. I can only see the basics and unable to modify anything. The main items are greyed out.

I'm going overseas and would like to modify the telephone numbers the unit rings in the event that the alarm goes off.

On the TM50 keypad, I click on communications, then personal phone... and it goes nowhere...

Can I easily make this simple change without having to involve a installer?
    What steps do I need to take?

Thanks in advance

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jpcxx View Post
    Hi All,

Great forum. First timer...

I have a Paradox SP550 + TM50 keypad + IP150 unit. Connected to a phone-line + GSM gateway as a backup. I control the alarm from my phone app and customized remote. All working fine.

I can login into the unit via the ip address/8080. I can only see the basics and unable to modify anything. The main items are greyed out.

I'm going overseas and would like to modify the telephone numbers the unit rings in the event that the alarm goes off.

On the TM50 keypad, I click on communications, then personal phone... and it goes nowhere...

Can I easily make this simple change without having to involve a installer?
    What steps do I need to take?

Thanks in advance

As an installer myself, there is a reason they don't allow people to have access, for one most companies give a warranty with the system and don't want time and $$ wasted on non paying service calls for something the user has changed.

You will need a system master code or installer code to change any major settings on the paradox, if you don't know it then you will need to default the panel or have a company who installed it come out and do it for you.

Thanks

Hi Midnight1982,
    Appreciate your quick response. I was playing around with the TM50 this morning and tried a few different codes. To my luck, one of them was the Master code. I now recall setting up two pins when my installer was around: One for Master access and one as a normal user. (PHEWWW )
    I was then able to click on system settings/communications/personal phone and am now able to modify the emergency numbers.

Anything more detailed than these type of change, I will definitely get my installer back out.

Have a good week! Thanks!