Thread: AsRock H87 Performance Motherboard

The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 677 Posts

Default AsRock H87 Performance Motherboard - Changed battery and now I have issues

Hi,

Today i decided to change the CMOS battery on this AsRock H87 Performance Motherboard and after this it boots up with a windows boot manager error. Down the bottom it says info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. The only other issue I had to do, the battery was located under the GPU card so I had to lift the GPU card out of the way to get at the battery. I've lifted the GPU out before (GTX980) as last year I changed it to another slot for cosmetic reasons only.

I also loaded the UEFI default settings and it is still the same.

Any clues what has gone wrong here?

Look Here ->
    The only Country in the English speaking World where you cannot sue your Solicitor or Barrister.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr 672A View Post
    Hi,

Today i decided to change the CMOS battery on this AsRock H87 Performance Motherboard and after this it boots up with a windows boot manager error. Down the bottom it says info: The boot selection failed because a required device is inaccessible. The only other issue I had to do, the battery was located under the GPU card so I had to lift the GPU card out of the way to get at the battery. I've lifted the GPU out before (GTX980) as last year I changed it to another slot for cosmetic reasons only.

I also loaded the UEFI default settings and it is still the same.

Any clues what has gone wrong here?
    Problem fixed.
    By changing the Battery it some how defaulted back to another drive

• The Following User Says Thank You to Mr 672A For This Useful Post:

tristen (13-07-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

I would have suggested BIOS defaults were probably loaded when you replaced the BIOS Battery.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    I would have suggested BIOS defaults were probably loaded when you replaced the BIOS Battery.
    Correct.
    This board has 2 Start up modes 1/'EG" The Floopy Disk, The CD rom, the Hard Disk As say example as we do not have the Floppy Disk but in the second start up it has an option of what Hard Disk to stat ON and in my case I have 4 HDD. Yep 4 3 X SSD and 1 X SS Hybrid Drive and the Board Defaulted back to Sata 0 where ir was full of Data stuff. The Operating System was on SATA 3.
    Later on I will put the Operationg System on SATA 0. Do you think if I swap the Operating System on SATA 3 (win 7) to SATA 0 is it ok to do this? Any Problems doing this?.