Thread: Petrol Jack not playing nicely.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Default Petrol Jack not playing nicely.

My Jackaroo has been intermittently running roughly under load for some time. I finally took it into Ultratune for a service and to get them to identify the issues. Apparently the codes indicated MAF sensor along with misfiring which I attributed to said sensor. OFF to town to find a wrecker with matching parts - (VERY few and far between down here) as did not have the wherewithal or the time to wait for a new one. Fitted said sensor, and problem has not changed AT ALL. So, what's next?

I'm wondering about said sensor, apart from the physical appearance of said sensor, are they all essentially the same (i.e. electrically put out the same signals)?

What other things should I be looking at? If I turn the car off, and back on again, the problem resolves itself for a short time, so I'm convinced that there must be some sensor misreporting it's "sense". Fuel economy is absolute cr*p whilst not running properly either.

I should add, It's a 94 V6 petrol so no OBD connector. Apparently there is an ALDL connector, but cannot find a manual to suit this model. The only ones I can find cover models from 1996 onwards and Series 1 Jacks. Even if I manage to extract the codes myself, I've got nothing to tell me what I'm looking at.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I would have said a bad coil or coils from the symptoms you describe

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

I'd have thought so too, however, if 'twer coils, leads or plugs, I'd consider that it would be a permanent condition and not one that can, albeit temporarily, resolved by turning the ignition off and straight back on again.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...