Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: spite dog barking complaints

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Cameras Cameras Cameras!
    yes i guess that is something that i should invest in. perhaps i will look at one of these jaycar systems

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    When I was in the RAAF, and anyone complained about the noise, we'd just tell them; "That, mate, is the sound of freedom..."

Never used to go over too well though.. But it cracked us up..
    LOL - In Townsville we don't mind the sound of freedom

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    Hi all

snip.
    I wouldn't worry too much - from memory the dog needs to bark for a certain number of minutes per hour every hour before they are considered a nuisance. Perhaps invite them over and get to know them - just a thought

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Double Post
    Last edited by ol' boy; 24-07-17 at 03:19 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    yes i guess that is something that i should invest in. perhaps i will look at one of these jaycar systems

Cant get much cheaper, and look at the top poster!
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Pets really can be a major source of trouble and anyone owing a pet must take in to account how/if it affects others (not having a go at OP or taking any side, this is just a general observation).

Personally I think pet owners should be licenced , ie, have to complete a brief written test before they are allowed ownership. The amount of cats and dogs euthanised in this country is a national disgrace of which we should be very ashamed of.

Some here may remember the extremes that I went through about 12? years ago with a fight with a neighbour over a cat, which ended slugging it out in a physical fist fight among firefighters and a crowd of about 40-50 people as the house next door burnt. A friend said it looked like a scene out of the movie Die Hard.

Here I am 12 odd years later (and in a different house.....the above event was a factor in my moving) and yet again I am having problems with neighbours cats. Although cats are not allowed off the owners property at all (that's law here, your cat is confined to your property 24/7), every night 3-4 cats enter my property and shit and piss through my garden mulch and scratch and throw it all over my concrete paths. I am loath to get into it again after last time, but I will probably eventually get to a point where I will snap as every day I have to go out with a broom and sweep piles of mulch off my paths.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

irritant (25-07-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks

Jesus Admin, that nuts.

My Mrs owns the house next door to her, which she rents to a young single mum.
    The girl also works part time at the local RSPCA.

We have full view of the rental from the house
    The tenant (Single Mum) has brought home 3 or 4 pets, including 2 cats, dogs, i think a bloody lamb at one point, she has made these retarded cat runs out of open bedroom windows out of chicken wire, they are open 24/7.
    I'd hate to see inside the house.
    All this and she has been told No Pets by the Real Estate Agent, bahahahahah!!!!

Pet Owners, even including my own cousin who is also in a battle with neighbours and the council about his barking dogs always seem in denial about their own pets.
    Its "never" their dog or "Mine don't bark unless provoked" blahahahaha, they always have a story.

Then there are welcome Doggy visitors, like the Plumbers dog that lives 4 houses up from me
    It drops in each day to say hello, see what meat scrap i might have for it, stays for a little while then goes home.
    Never barks, is always well mannered... Yeah, it has crapped on the lawn a few times, doesn't really bother me.

But dogs that bark at night, like 2 and 3am.... I honestly feel their owners obviously have no concern for them.
    Any person in their right mind would have to be aware, their little fury family member is going to be baited if the noise doesn't stop.

Or a house being burnt down as admin points out.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 25-07-17 at 09:24 PM.

Administrator
    Thanks

The house being burnt down was in the end almost funny, and proof that karma can come and bite you on the arse.

It started when a neighbours cat decided my landcruiser bonnet was a great place to sleep. Having just bought it, I liked washing and polishing it, but the polish meant the cat kept sliding off so it would stick its claws in to the paint causing visible damage.

Seeing the cat in action, I knew which neighbour to see. Knocked on door, how ya going, blah blah, was pretty nice about it, but did mention do you know your cat has to be confined to your property ? She apologised, wont happen again , I leave thinking "gee, see what you can achieve with a bit of manners and diplomacy".

Next night, cat inflicts more damage. I had a massive front fence and gates and kept them closed, but the cat just climbed over the fence via a neighbouring property. This goes on another 3 nights with me trying to hose cat, scare it, everything possible. In the end, pay another visit to neighbour. Was annoyed, but still civil. Sorry says neighbour, wont happen again. Seeing will be believing thinks me.

And of course, that very night, the same again. Same cat, more damage. By now my bonnet is starting to look like a disgruntled ex girlfriend had taken car keys to it

Something had to be done, I rang council, they recommended I come and get a cat trap from them. Trap the cat, take the cat to pound, they ring owner, owner pays fine, owners thinks locking cat up a good idea.

In the first week of trapping, I got 3 cats, and none of them were the neighbours cat ! Bloody hell, 3 trips to the pound which was a 20 minute drive each way, but at least it will teach these people a lesson.

A few days later, a knock at the door. Its a woman from the next street. "You trapped our cat and I was wondering if you caught it again you could let it go because we cant afford the fines ". Fark me, where did you get my name and address ? From the council.

I told her the solution is to keep her cat off my property. As simple as that. Yeah, ok, she said, she wasnt very happy. Fark her I thought, what a cheek even asking.

A couple more cat trappings, and more cats, but none of the same cats, and still not the neighbours cat that did the damage in the first place. Grrrr......unbelievable.

Anyway, a few days before Christmas and I was at a mates Christmas party, fairly pissed, when I got a phone call from another mate telling me I had better get home ASAP. He said there is a house on fire ( I lived in a small court that only had 5 houses in it) in my street, and that there was a guy going ape shit throwing stuff around my property screaming out that he is going to kill me. Oh dear, this doesnt sound good. Luckily a mates missus was sober, so she drove me around there and I met the mate that rang me at the entrance to my street. It was full on.......the neighbour with the problem cats house was on fire with 40-50 people in the street spectating, along with 3 fire trucks and at least a dozen fire fighters. Thick smoke filled the air and half the time you couldn't even see. Police were not on the scene yet.

I asked my mate (who rang me and I met on site) to point out the guy who reckons he is going to kill me. It didnt take much pointing out, he had ripped his shirt off and was screaming like a lunatic kicking and throwing my outdoor. furniture all over my front yard. I immediately formed a plan and stomped on to my own property (of which he was trespassing on) and without a word belted him in the mouth. That seemed to slow him up a bit, because when he got up off the ground he definitely didn't seem as keen to kill me as what he had been half a minute earlier.

However, he wasnt keen to finish it up there, most likely because he was looking pretty stupid as half the crowd were laughing and jeering at him, so it was on. He realised early on that it wasnt a good idea, after half a dozen blows he tried to run and hide amongst the smoke and fire trucks. I can remember fighting him in to the gap between the fire truck cabin and the tanker and a fire fighter with a respirator mask said "Fight elsewhere, we are trying to put out a fire". Fair enough.....I stopped fighting, I was half farked anyway and gave him 20 times what he gave me (which was near nothing).

So I retreated to the nature strip and someone gave me a beer, which I definitely needed.....you would not believe how dry your mouth can go when you are pissed fighting someone in a fire While I was standing there, I noticed out of the corner of my eye that the shirt off hero who I just gave a thumping to, was trying to sneak around the back of where I was standing. Obviously he was a bit peeved about the way things went and thought that he could sneak around behind me and thump me. I didnt turn around, but kept watching him out of the corner of my eye as I knew what was coming. In the last 10 meters he made a run at me, but half way there a mate of mine (who also saw what he was up to) turned 90 degrees and punched him that hard in the guts it echoed. Our said hero hit the ground and my mate said "And stay there dickhead before you get really hurt"

Moments later, the cops belatedly arrived and after 15 minutes of talking to fire brigade, witnesses etc came and saw me and questioned me about an assault. Our shirtless hero decided if he couldn't win the fist fight, he would have me and my mate charged with assault. I outright denied all accusations, the cops couldn't work out which of my mates gut punched him as shirtless hero couldn't work it out either as he was busy vomiting all over the nature strip. They gave up on that incident, and decided to just go with me for assault. I said it was bullshit and asked the assembled crowd if anyone there had seen me assault anyone ? Nope. The police gave up and let me go.

So who was this shirtless imbecile ? He was the husband of the woman who came to my door complaining about the fines. All compliments of the council of course, who illegally gave her my name and address.

And who's house was on fire and what the fark happened there ? As I said, karma is a bitch sometimes. It was the house of the neighbour whose cat started the whole thing. The idiots left a candle burning in their house while they went out. And guess what happened ? The Cat knocked it over and burnt the house down

I had to sit up for about 3 nights straight in fear of vigilante attacks from either the shirtless idiot or friends of the burnt house idiots. About 8 months later, I sold up and built a new house. And so I am here today with at least another 4 cats shitting and pissing all over the place. Ironically, I moved to this estate because there was a covenant on it that made it illegal to own a cat. I later found it only applied for 3 years.

Anyway, that goes to show you just how extreme things can get simply because people dont give a crap about their pets. I am sick to death of dealings with peoples cats again........but I am sure you can understand why I loath to take any action. I wouldn't fancy doing all that again at 50, it was bad enough in my mid 30's.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (26-07-17),dashinson (26-07-17),gulliver (26-07-17),shred (26-07-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Build your own cat trap, and "dispose" of said animal in any manner that seems "reasonable".
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Build your own cat trap, and "dispose" of said animal in any manner that seems "reasonable".
    I am an animal lover and don't blame the animal. I blame the irresponsible owners who should not own animals, which goes back to what I said about licensing.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,988 Times in 813 Posts

^ Thanks admin, your story made my day but sorry you are still having to deal with f*cking ignorant c*nts with pets !!

I feel your pain, had a similar problem for 3 years but not cats, just vicious mongrel barking dogs as in DOGS, fortunately the scum was evicted, which took 5 months and left a house nearly being a complete write off and took another 4 months to fix

Thanks

Hey Admin,did your neighbours cat survive the fire ?

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by alpha0ne View Post
    ^ Thanks admin, your story made my day but sorry you are still having to deal with f*cking ignorant c*nts with pets !!
    Back in the day, I actually started a thread about it when it first happened and it went through to the end. It was major viewing on here, came here just to see how it was going It didnt disappoint.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dashinson View Post
    Hey Admin,did your neighbours cat survive the fire ?
    Yes, in a major irony the cat survived unscathed and after a few weeks I saw it in my yard again.

Makes you wonder why you bother doesn't it.

• The Following User Says Thank You to admin For This Useful Post:

dashinson (27-07-17)

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12