Thread: Bosch alarm system 300o with Radion wireless PIRs and keyfobs

Thanks

Post Bosch alarm system 300o with Radion wireless PIRs and keyfobs

Hi, I just installed a Bosch alarm system 300o with Radion wireless PIRs and keyfobs. I've been able to configure/register the Radion Receiver B810 and the key fobs (HCT-4UL-4) without any issues. The problem I'm having is with the Radion PIRs (3x RFPR-12). I'm able to register the PIRs vis the ICON key pad and the Receiver seems to acknowledge the PIRs when I insert the battery and the PIR initializes... it stays on for a little while and then it doesn't detect movement. Also the zones on the keypad that are related to the PIRs flash on and off (Zones 1, 2 and 3). I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thank you!!

Look Here ->
    Thanks

I'm not familiar with the newer wireless gear from Bosch. However you may find it's because Wireless PIRs, by design, go to sleep after detection and transmission.

It's a battery conservation technique. Imagine a crowded room with a wireless, battery operated device transmitting hundreds of times daily. You'd be replacing batteries weekly instead of every few years.

This feature of wireless detectors is also why not responding to a 'single activation' can end in tears.
    Last edited by downunderdan; 22-07-17 at 09:58 PM.

Thanks

Diwnunderdan, Thank you very much for your prompt response.... that makes sense. My only concern is that the zones allocated to the wireless PIRs keep on flashing. Any ideas? Thanks again.

Thanks

Did you enter or learn in PIR serial numbers to each zone?
    So are the remotes working?

Thanks

Default Bosch System 3000 Radion Wireless PIRs

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    Did you enter or learn in PIR serial numbers to each zone?
    So are the remotes working?
    Hi, The receiver (B810) is working... red light is on permanent. I registered the KeyFobs and they work fine.... I can activate and deactivate the alarm from the key fobs. My concern is the PIRs.... if they go to sleep because they are wireless...than that's exactly what is happening.... the only issue is the allocated zones for the 3 PIRs blink on and off on the keypad. I look forward to your comments. Thank you.

Thanks

What version firmware is your 3000 panel? Will be on a sticker on panel board.

Thanks

Hi Diego,

Did you end up finding a solution to that problem? As I am experiencing the same situation.

I am thinking that it's firmware related.

I have a 3000 panel with v2.00 and a B810 reciever with v3.1

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Is your issue to do with wireless zones?
    From version 2 onwards I believe you need to program the zone to tell it has a wireless input instead of hardwired. Under Zone source Loc 754 onwards

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Diego555 View Post
    Hi, I just installed a Bosch alarm system 300o with Radion wireless PIRs and keyfobs. I've been able to configure/register the Radion Receiver B810 and the key fobs (HCT-4UL-4) without any issues. The problem I'm having is with the Radion PIRs (3x RFPR-12). I'm able to register the PIRs vis the ICON key pad and the Receiver seems to acknowledge the PIRs when I insert the battery and the PIR initializes... it stays on for a little while and then it doesn't detect movement. Also the zones on the keypad that are related to the PIRs flash on and off (Zones 1, 2 and 3). I would appreciate any suggestions on how to fix this problem. Thank you!!
    Hi there

I've installed Radion B810 received to Bosch 3000 alarm system, however the received is not being detected by the alarm system. After reading the guide, it could be communication error, however I have checked the connections and also the switch mode and everything seems to be in order. The red light keeps on blink 3 times and then goes off for one second and then blinks again for 3 seconds. What could I have possibly done wrong and how could I fix it?
    Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Thanks

So it's set to address 1?
    And you have enabled the RF receiver in alarm programming?

Thanks

The Bosch RF PIRs have a 60 second countdown, if any movement is detected before the countdown is finished it restarts countdown again. Only after countdown is finished and movement is detected then a faulted signal will be sent to panel, this system saves battery life. Also the blue led only lights up on power up.