Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Citizenship

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    So, which country would you choose? Maybe start a GoFundMe campaign to leave, I'm sure there would be many true blue Ozzies that would happily send you on your way. FWIW I know of no other country that does not "trample" on individual freedoms for one reason or another.

I would hope that you do not take centrelink benefits or use medicare, or any other public services that are provided by such a corrupt government.

So Bazzy, You still have not answered the question above..... Which country would you choose?

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,420 Times in 2,521 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    Hi all

I am an Australian citizen however i am wanting to find out if this is even possible. Can one reject / revoke their Australian citizenship so as to refuse to vote during elections?

I know there are people who have permanent residency in Australia who are not citizens so can that be achieved by someone who was born here?

Regards

Barry
    to be honest. I hate this country and want to remain separate from it. i would leave if i could afford it.
    I think your problem is that you are frustrated with your life.
    CHANGE IT!
    Get yourself sacked and go on the dole and see if you are better off then.

Giving up your citizenship(even if it were that simple) won't suddenly make you happier.
    You don't have to vote anybody here either, just write 'fvck you' on the ballot paper if that makes you feel better.

Of course you can move overseas so you don't even have to cast an informal vote even while being an Australian.

Usually you have to live for some years in that country before you can ask for grant of citizenship, in order to denounce the Australian one.
    As I assume you only speak English 'would be' candidates are the USA(too many guns and mad men), Canada(too cold), UK(cost of living worse than here).

My choice would be New Zealand.
    They are clever enough to keep their noses out of everything, might even survive the next World War.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 08-08-17 at 05:58 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,041 Times in 317 Posts

No I don't get anything from centrelink. For some reason whenever I go to the doctors I pay full price and am never reimbursed from the government. I pay for all my medical expenses from my own pocket. And no I get no benefits from government at all. In fact they seem to at least locally try to screw me over every chance they get.
    So, you get absolutely nothing from your government? I find it hard to believe. Do you pay full freight for your prescription medicine? No, I don't mean pension rates or whatever. The PBS is taxpayer funded and if we were to pay full price, not PBS price, many people would not be able to afford to purchase medicine.
    What other benefits do you get that you don't realise?
    I think you need to re-evaluate what country you live in, learn how good we have it and stop whinging. If it was a shit country, why are people dying trying to get here.
    The fact you're a premium member with a decent post count, it rules out that you are trolling, but that's how it looks.
    You can learn alot using Google, and the search button.....

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Keith For This Useful Post:

enf (08-08-17),LeroyPatrol (08-08-17),Thala Dan (09-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    Yeah.....'cause the aims of her party are so unAustralian:

Pauline Hansons One Nation Party

OUR AIMS

1. To bring about the necessary changes for fair and equal treatment of all Australians, within a system of government recognising and acting upon a need for Australia to be truly one nation.

2. To protect our sovereignty and democracy.

3. To acknowledge and respect the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the first peoples of this land. In the preamble to the Australian Constitution, One Nation opposes acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as One Nation believes that all Australians are owners and custodians of this land and should work toward unification, not segregation, under the one law for all.

4. One Nation supports Citizens Initiated Referenda, giving the people of Australia, a voice to oppose or call for laws to be implemented.

5. Our children are the future leaders of our nation. They must be given every opportunity to a decent affordable education. Our children must have priority to fill school and university enrolments before those of international students.

6. To actively pursue and promote treaties, investment and development as deemed appropriate and in the national interest and repeal those that are not in our best interests.

7. To honour and respect the men and women who have suffered and lost their lives in defence and protection of our country, and ensure that those who have given so much for their country and people, are cared for appropriately in time of need.

8. To ensure those convicted of crimes endure appropriate penalties. To seek treaties with other countries, for those who are non Australian citizens who have committed a criminal offence carrying a 2 years or longer prison sentence, be deported to their country, to do their jail term there.

9. To ensure law abiding Australians, with legitimate purpose, will always have access to firearms to undertake various activities including the defence of themselves and their families in their own homes.

10. To ensure our society remains benevolent and caring in its approach to our fellow citizens in genuine need.

11. To treat all Australians equally and justly and with government assistance based on need, not race.

12. To support and advocate traditional family values and uphold the institution of the family in its fight against the many who aim to breakdown this important unit of any decent society.

13. To re-vitalise and support our defence forces and personnel and ensure Australia builds and maintains and appropriate level of national security and defence.

14. To restrict immigration at times when necessary due to high unemployment, overloading on our infrastructure such as roads, water, sewerage, hospitals, schools and housing, except that related to investment, and is in Australia's best interest.

15. To stop foreign ownership of Australia's agriculture land and established housing. Oppose the sale of public assets without the consent of Australians and repeal United Nations treaties that are detrimental or of no benefit to Australia.

16. To restore tariff protection where appropriate, revitalise and encourage Australian industry and manufacturing and initiate financial support for small business and the rural sector, in particular in the interest of creating national wealth and employment.

17. To take positive action on matters such as taxation reform, education, health, unemployment, crime, the environment and the discrimination created by political correctness.

18. To re-establish a publicly-owned people's bank like the Commonwealth Bank used to be, prior to it being privatised to create true competition, value and benefit Australians.

19. To abolish divisive and discriminatory policies, such as those related to Aboriginal and Multicultural Affairs.

20. To protect the environment from industry that will destroy prime agriculture land and water sources. We will oppose CSG mining until a full government impact study is done, as to the ramifications it has on our environment, land and water.

21. To stop the teaching and infiltration of Islam and its totalitarian ideology, that opposes our democracy, way of life and laws. To ban the Burqa in public places, government buildings and schools. To make genital mutilation of young girls a criminal offence, carrying heavy sentences. To stop islamists and their families from receiving welfare benefits; we are a Christian country, only one marriage is recognised. Ban the building of any more Mosques.

22. To oppose Sharia Law ever being allowed in Australia. We are a Christian country with one law for all.

23. To implement an Australian Identity Card to be used by Australians accessing taxpayer funded services such as health, education, welfare, pensions and services. For too long Australian taxpayers have been footing the bill for people who are not entitled or submit multiple claims under aliases. Also foreigners have been known to abuse our system, by using their Australian families details, when visiting the country.

24. To implement a food labelling system that is conducive as to the origin of the product, Australian made or foreign. Halal certification has no place in Australia when unsuspecting Australians are forced to fund Islamic Mosques and schools. One Nation would stop the practice of Halal Certification on all products, service, and machinery in Australia, other than for export.

25. One Nation will continue to stop illegal immigration by way of boat and air and support temporary protection visas. One Nation supports the refugee programme, but we must have a say in who comes in. We must be mindful of taking people that are Christian, and genuine refugees.

26. One Nation opposes increasing the Aged Pension age to 70 and the family home included in the assets test. As it is opposed to people on the land only being able to encompass the family home and 5 acres of land before the assets test is applied. Independent retirees who are not eligible for the aged pension must be rewarded by providing health care assistance.

27. One Nation opposes the privatisation of essential services such as water, gas, electricity, telecommunications and defence. This must and should remain in the hands of our governments and not foreign ownership and control. We oppose Agenda 21 and its push for 'sustainable development'.

28. One Nation is committed to protecting the farming sector in time of drought, flood and foreign takeover. If we cannot feed ourselves we will starve. We cannot allow other countries to use our land to feed their own when we should be growing the food and exporting it.

29. One Nation will repeal or review the 1953 Double Taxation Agreement Act that provides for foreign investors not to pay tax in Australia. Foreign investors take out more in unpaid taxes than Australian companies operating in other countries, bring in.

30. Marriage between two people of the same sex is a social issue, and One Nation believes all Australians should have the right to vote in a referendum, rather than a vote on the floor of Parliament. If it is to be determined by Parliament then One Nation members of Parliament will be allowed a conscience vote. We also acknowledge that same sex couples living in defacto relationships should be afforded the same property rights as heterosexuals couples.

31. To secure the election to public office of members committed to the objectives of the party.

ONE NATION AIMS

She's merely a puppet, you can tell by the way there is always someone standing behind her when she speaks.... The real trick would be, if that person drank a glass of water while she's speaking...

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,066 Times in 9,091 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    She's merely a puppet, you can tell by the way there is always someone standing behind her when she speaks.... The real trick would be, if that person drank a glass of water while she's speaking...
    Are you sure you're talking about Hanson? Not Shorten? Or Turnbull? Or Abbott? Or Gillard, or Rudd? They are ALL clueless and totally scripted by media people.

When was the last time you saw a politician like Howard or Keating who took on the media on the steps of parliament house unscripted? None of the aforementioned have the ability of even those two, let alone those before them.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-08-17),DB44 (15-08-17),eaglem (17-08-17),Keith (15-08-17),mtv (15-08-17),Thala Dan (15-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    You mean like this?

Or perhaps this

Uh, oh......can't see Barnabys' right hand.

Looks like Malcolm might be getting a hand from the Kiwis
    Last edited by Thala Dan; 15-08-17 at 12:22 PM.

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (16-08-17),eaglem (17-08-17),enf (15-08-17),Keith (15-08-17),mtv (15-08-17)

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Thala Dan View Post
    You mean like this?

Looks like Malcolm might be getting a hand from the Kiwis
    That first pic is priceless. I used it and in the spirit of political bipartisanship, dug up another. It wasn't hard.

The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (16-08-17),Thala Dan (15-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Leroy already told you but I can't resist repeating it. If you hate this country the sooner you #### off the better. You'll find that countries that cater to minorities in the way you evidently want are all third world basket cases already, and the more we go down that path the closer we too get to that unenviable status. You are part of the problem. When you do go please take as many of your mates who share your hatred as possible.

By the way, you will have to find another Country before you can renounce your Australian Citizenship. See

Do you know of one that would actually want you? Or is that why you need the money?
    Last edited by DB44; 15-08-17 at 07:09 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

enf (15-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    That first pic is priceless. I used it and in the spirit of political bipartisanship, dug up another. It wasn't hard.

If only I had been as sure of winning the lottery.....

Banned
    Thanks

any country that does not trample on the rights of a minority group for political posturing.
    Fly to Turkey get an Syrian Passport and with your AUS Passport cross all the Boarder between Turkey and Germany. At the German Boarder burn your AUS Passport and Claim you are Achmet from Syria.
    You get a Free Apartment with Furniture, Free Medical Service and the best you dont need to Work. The Food is cheap like hell and if you Smoke you get cheap Smuggle Cigarettes. Good Beer wo why do you wait?

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,073 Times in 3,346 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    Leroy already told you but I can't resist repeating it. If you hate this country the sooner you #### off the better.
    Actually, DB44, it was Bazzy who started this. I'm not sure that Leroy particularly cares.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Leroy beat me to it! He said everything I wanted to say in 3 words!

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

enf (16-08-17),lsemmens (16-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Are you sure you're talking about Hanson? Not Shorten? Or Turnbull? Or Abbott? Or Gillard, or Rudd? They are ALL clueless and totally scripted by media people.

When was the last time you saw a politician like Howard or Keating who took on the media on the steps of parliament house unscripted? None of the aforementioned have the ability of even those two, let alone those before them.
    Can't Disagree with that, but @iannic52 didn't profess any respect for any of them LOL.

Thanks

to be honest. I hate this country and want to remain separate from it. i would leave if i could afford it.
    Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.

Super Moderator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mi_tasol View Post
    Don't let the door hit you on the arse on the way out.
    Oh, and don't forget to pay your departure tax......

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to enf For This Useful Post:

DB44 (16-08-17),mtv (16-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,474 Times in 1,534 Posts

Bazzy, i'm finding your posts irrational, are you on the ICE pipe? it comes across to me you need some professional help, you may be suffering anxiety and depression

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12