Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Citizenship

Thanks

Default Citizenship

Hi all

I am an Australian citizen however i am wanting to find out if this is even possible. Can one reject / revoke their Australian citizenship so as to refuse to vote during elections?

I know there are people who have permanent residency in Australia who are not citizens so can that be achieved by someone who was born here?

Regards

Barry

Look Here ->
    Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Why would you want to be stateless? You don't have to vote now if you don't want to.
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Why would you want to be stateless? You don't have to vote now if you don't want to.
    to be honest. I hate this country and want to remain separate from it. i would leave if i could afford it.

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,074 Times in 6,765 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bazzy View Post
    to be honest. I hate this country and want to remain separate from it. i would leave if i could afford it.
    If you were born in Australia, I think you are stuck with being an Australian citizen until you become a citizen of another country and can then denounce your Australian citizenship.

Perhaps contact the Australian Dept of Foreign Affairs and Trade and enquire, however, if all you tell them is what you have posted here, they may misunderstand your intentions.

There's the Principality of Hutt River.

Why do you hate Australia?

Which country would you choose to live in if you could afford it?

Why do you think that country of your choice is a better place than Australia to live?

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mtv For This Useful Post:

bob_m_54 (08-08-17),irritant (08-08-17)

Thanks

any country that does not trample on the rights of a minority group for political posturing.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,075 Times in 3,347 Posts

So, which country would you choose? Maybe start a GoFundMe campaign to leave, I'm sure there would be many true blue Ozzies that would happily send you on your way. FWIW I know of no other country that does not "trample" on individual freedoms for one reason or another.

I would hope that you do not take centrelink benefits or use medicare, or any other public services that are provided by such a corrupt government.
    Last edited by lsemmens; 07-08-17 at 06:17 PM.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-17),Keith (08-08-17),VroomVroom (08-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,710 Times in 2,797 Posts

Piss off then.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LeroyPatrol For This Useful Post:

DB44 (15-08-17),Keith (08-08-17),porkop (07-08-17)

Thanks

No country is perfect. I have respect for your Pauline Hansen who stands up for what she thinks is right . Perhaps you should do the same for what you think is right

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

any country that does not trample on the rights of a minority group for political posturing.
    That's why this country is fcuked in the first place. Minority groups only represent a small portion and think they have more rights that the majority!!!

I say good bye.
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

• The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to porkop For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-17),DB44 (15-08-17),Keith (08-08-17),LeroyPatrol (07-08-17),ol' boy (07-08-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    So, which country would you choose? Maybe start a GoFundMe campaign to leave, I'm sure there would be many true blue Ozzies that would happily send you on your way. FWIW I know of no other country that does not "trample" on individual freedoms for one reason or another.

I would hope that you do not take centrelink benefits or use medicare, or any other public services that are provided by such a corrupt government.
    No I don't get anything from centrelink. For some reason whenever I go to the doctors I pay full price and am never reimbursed from the government. I pay for all my medical expenses from my own pocket. And no I get no benefits from government at all. In fact they seem to at least locally try to screw me over every chance they get.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

And no I get no benefits from government at all. In fact they seem to at least locally try to screw me over every chance they get.
    So you are the same as the rest of us then.
    I must admit, when i see what the ATO, SRO, Rates, Councils, Governments, Banks take off me, i want to leave the country or least just flick the bird at them. Especially when i see what they do with it.
    But it is sadly the same for all of us.

Only the Minorities that get the Special Treatment in this country pal.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 35,092 Times in 9,096 Posts

Identify as Aboriginal...
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    So you are the same as the rest of us then.
    I must admit, when i see what the ATO, SRO, Rates, Councils, Governments, Banks take off me, i want to leave the country or least just flick the bird at them. Especially when i see what they do with it.
    But it is sadly the same for all of us.

Yeah the cost of living here is stifling. I am single work full time and after paying mortgage rates water power gas internet phones and fuel medical etc there is nothing left. And the government is too busy arguing about if LGBT people should have the same rights as other people than fixing the problems we face.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Welcome to the lucky country, have a nice day
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Premium Lager

Thanks
    Thanked 2,711 Times in 1,230 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Why is it that the left wing loonies support the only 3 Jewish, lesbian, aboriginal hermopherdites in Australia and expect that those three should get everything above and beyond the 6 million working folk who pay their taxes every week?????

Fcuk the left wing, fcuk the loonies, fcuk Fitzroy legal service, fcuk all you latte sipping cnuts

Get off your lazy fat arses and see how the majority live, work and pay their taxes
    __________________________________________________ __
    Statistically, if you wait long enough, everything will happen!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,664 Times in 831 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mtv View Post
    If you were born in Australia, I think you are stuck with being an Australian citizen until you become a citizen of another country and can then denounce your Australian citizenship.
    That's what I was going to suggest, but didn't know how it works in OZ for you guys. Yeah, makes sense you first have to become a citizen of another country because I wouldn't have thought it would be possible to denounce citizenship of the country you originate in without having another one to change to, because that would mean you literally originate/come from/lived nowhere before.
    Last edited by irritant; 08-08-17 at 03:35 AM.
    True freedom is the greatest gift a man can possess, yet is the one thing most easily and innocently given away, to crafty curses and binds cleverly disguised as blessings and gifts, in the pursuit of supposed achievement, status and power.

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by porkop View Post
    work and pay their taxes
    That is exactly why they don't want to work

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Maybe it's just living in Ipswich that makes you feel that way. I lived there myself once, and have sympathy for you.

• The Following User Says Thank You to bob_m_54 For This Useful Post:

ol' boy (08-08-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iannic52 View Post
    No country is perfect. I have respect for your Pauline Hansen who stands up for what she thinks is right . Perhaps you should do the same for what you think is right
    Feel free to invite her over there anytime. (to stay, that is)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bob_m_54 View Post
    Feel free to invite her over there anytime. (to stay, that is)
    Yeah.....'cause the aims of her party are so unAustralian:

Pauline Hansons One Nation Party

OUR AIMS

1. To bring about the necessary changes for fair and equal treatment of all Australians, within a system of government recognising and acting upon a need for Australia to be truly one nation.

2. To protect our sovereignty and democracy.

3. To acknowledge and respect the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as the first peoples of this land. In the preamble to the Australian Constitution, One Nation opposes acknowledging Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders as One Nation believes that all Australians are owners and custodians of this land and should work toward unification, not segregation, under the one law for all.

4. One Nation supports Citizens Initiated Referenda, giving the people of Australia, a voice to oppose or call for laws to be implemented.

5. Our children are the future leaders of our nation. They must be given every opportunity to a decent affordable education. Our children must have priority to fill school and university enrolments before those of international students.

6. To actively pursue and promote treaties, investment and development as deemed appropriate and in the national interest and repeal those that are not in our best interests.

7. To honour and respect the men and women who have suffered and lost their lives in defence and protection of our country, and ensure that those who have given so much for their country and people, are cared for appropriately in time of need.

8. To ensure those convicted of crimes endure appropriate penalties. To seek treaties with other countries, for those who are non Australian citizens who have committed a criminal offence carrying a 2 years or longer prison sentence, be deported to their country, to do their jail term there.

9. To ensure law abiding Australians, with legitimate purpose, will always have access to firearms to undertake various activities including the defence of themselves and their families in their own homes.

10. To ensure our society remains benevolent and caring in its approach to our fellow citizens in genuine need.

11. To treat all Australians equally and justly and with government assistance based on need, not race.

12. To support and advocate traditional family values and uphold the institution of the family in its fight against the many who aim to breakdown this important unit of any decent society.

13. To re-vitalise and support our defence forces and personnel and ensure Australia builds and maintains and appropriate level of national security and defence.

14. To restrict immigration at times when necessary due to high unemployment, overloading on our infrastructure such as roads, water, sewerage, hospitals, schools and housing, except that related to investment, and is in Australia's best interest.

15. To stop foreign ownership of Australia's agriculture land and established housing. Oppose the sale of public assets without the consent of Australians and repeal United Nations treaties that are detrimental or of no benefit to Australia.

16. To restore tariff protection where appropriate, revitalise and encourage Australian industry and manufacturing and initiate financial support for small business and the rural sector, in particular in the interest of creating national wealth and employment.

17. To take positive action on matters such as taxation reform, education, health, unemployment, crime, the environment and the discrimination created by political correctness.

18. To re-establish a publicly-owned people's bank like the Commonwealth Bank used to be, prior to it being privatised to create true competition, value and benefit Australians.

19. To abolish divisive and discriminatory policies, such as those related to Aboriginal and Multicultural Affairs.

20. To protect the environment from industry that will destroy prime agriculture land and water sources. We will oppose CSG mining until a full government impact study is done, as to the ramifications it has on our environment, land and water.

21. To stop the teaching and infiltration of Islam and its totalitarian ideology, that opposes our democracy, way of life and laws. To ban the Burqa in public places, government buildings and schools. To make genital mutilation of young girls a criminal offence, carrying heavy sentences. To stop islamists and their families from receiving welfare benefits; we are a Christian country, only one marriage is recognised. Ban the building of any more Mosques.

22. To oppose Sharia Law ever being allowed in Australia. We are a Christian country with one law for all.

23. To implement an Australian Identity Card to be used by Australians accessing taxpayer funded services such as health, education, welfare, pensions and services. For too long Australian taxpayers have been footing the bill for people who are not entitled or submit multiple claims under aliases. Also foreigners have been known to abuse our system, by using their Australian families details, when visiting the country.

24. To implement a food labelling system that is conducive as to the origin of the product, Australian made or foreign. Halal certification has no place in Australia when unsuspecting Australians are forced to fund Islamic Mosques and schools. One Nation would stop the practice of Halal Certification on all products, service, and machinery in Australia, other than for export.

25. One Nation will continue to stop illegal immigration by way of boat and air and support temporary protection visas. One Nation supports the refugee programme, but we must have a say in who comes in. We must be mindful of taking people that are Christian, and genuine refugees.

26. One Nation opposes increasing the Aged Pension age to 70 and the family home included in the assets test. As it is opposed to people on the land only being able to encompass the family home and 5 acres of land before the assets test is applied. Independent retirees who are not eligible for the aged pension must be rewarded by providing health care assistance.

27. One Nation opposes the privatisation of essential services such as water, gas, electricity, telecommunications and defence. This must and should remain in the hands of our governments and not foreign ownership and control. We oppose Agenda 21 and its push for 'sustainable development'.

28. One Nation is committed to protecting the farming sector in time of drought, flood and foreign takeover. If we cannot feed ourselves we will starve. We cannot allow other countries to use our land to feed their own when we should be growing the food and exporting it.

29. One Nation will repeal or review the 1953 Double Taxation Agreement Act that provides for foreign investors not to pay tax in Australia. Foreign investors take out more in unpaid taxes than Australian companies operating in other countries, bring in.

30. Marriage between two people of the same sex is a social issue, and One Nation believes all Australians should have the right to vote in a referendum, rather than a vote on the floor of Parliament. If it is to be determined by Parliament then One Nation members of Parliament will be allowed a conscience vote. We also acknowledge that same sex couples living in defacto relationships should be afforded the same property rights as heterosexuals couples.

31. To secure the election to public office of members committed to the objectives of the party.

ONE NATION AIMS

Last edited by Thala Dan; 08-08-17 at 10:55 AM.

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

alpha0ne (08-08-17),DB44 (15-08-17),lsemmens (08-08-17)

• Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast