Thread: Bosch Ultima 880 PIR Battery/Sensor problem

Thanks

Default Bosch Ultima 880 PIR Battery/Sensor problem

Hey guys,

I join this forum to look for some help for a problem that I'm facing.

The exclamation mark came up on my keypad to indicate that the batteries have failed on my motion sensors. I went to check and realised that 2 (out of 4) of my PIRs are not lighting up. Also, upon doing a walking test, Zone 1 & 2 are not blinking on my keypad.

I opened them up (anti tamper alarm went off), disarmed the alarm (using my FOB) and changed the batteries (2 x CR123A). Lights came back on and I put the cover back. Sensor seemed to work for a little while but when I checked on it in a few minutes, it didn't light up again. Checked up keypad and it did not show any battery faults. Tried 2 different brands of batteries and it did the same thing.

Did a test walk (held down [5]) and the 2 said sensors did not respond. Actually one of them responded but not immediately unlike my other 2 sensors which light up with minimal movement.

I've read that the PIRs go into a test mode straight after changing of batteries and it also goes into a sleep mode to save battery. But mine doesn't seem to be waking from that sleep mode unlike the other 2 working sensors that light up all the time (9 years without a change of battery).

I've tried to be as clear as possible and really need some help to solve this before we head interstate for a short trip.

Thanks in advance.

Look Here ->
    Thanks

The other 2 sensors that light up are probably hardwired sensors and not wireless.

With wireless sensors the light will only come on after the cover tamper has been opened then closed for the sensor test mode for a few minutes.
    In normal operation there is no light to save battery power. After movement the sensor will go to sleep for a few minutes to save battery power.

If you want to test it, arm the alarm and go outside for 5 minutes then go in and trigger all the sensors, sirens will sound. Then check all zones have registered on codepad then disarm it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by secure View Post
    The other 2 sensors that light up are probably hardwired sensors and not wireless.

With wireless sensors the light will only come on after the cover tamper has been opened then closed for the sensor test mode for a few minutes.
    In normal operation there is no light to save battery power. After movement the sensor will go to sleep for a few minutes to save battery power.

If you want to test it, arm the alarm and go outside for 5 minutes then go in and trigger all the sensors, sirens will sound. Then check all zones have registered on codepad then disarm it.
    Thanks for that. Will try it when it's day time tomorrow. Never thought to think that my other 2 sensors are hardwired! What I can't figure out is why in the "Test" mode it doesn't work.