Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 1 Bitcoin = $5386AUD, what????

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,414 Times in 2,517 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    That F-16 cant be real... free freight, come on
    Yup but you need to add a remote.
    They got in all ranges. will totally do the job, but I would recommend at least because I want to mod it to mix all 4 servos for the control surfaces (including aileron/flap mix)+ throttle and independant front wheel steering, so 6 channels instead of recommended 4, + more for switches to drop something

I have ordered a lot from them, never disappointed with the quality but postage can be a real pain, also once damage due to bad packaging.

Do not order the battery (or items that contain batteries) from them. They have really weird strict rules when shipping to Australia.
    I ended up paying $80++ for DHL shipping for my DJI Spark but even a simple 9V block battery included in an item can block free or reasonable shipping methods.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 27-11-17 at 05:37 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

$19k AU

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    $19k AU

A record breaking increase of US$2000 just in the last 24h:

Reason: "The fear of missing out" Ouch !
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-12-17 at 05:22 PM.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Ok.... when do we jump?

How good is it without the ASX to suspend them, like they would if it were anything else!
    Last edited by ol' boy; 07-12-17 at 06:40 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,651 Posts

Ok.... when do we jump?

How good is it without the ASX to suspend them, like they would if it were anything else!
    This is just gambling, the bubble will burst when the big players take their profit.
    Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.
    The information is out there; you just have to let it in."

Premium Member
    Thanks

of course

Just like half the Stock Exchange works
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

Thanks

Not the same as the stock market and big players are probably wiped out.
    What we have are lots of people, not traders, who never heard/took seriously BTC before and all now want a piece of the pie.
    Any dip and they all go like hyenas after the 'bargain'. Big traders really can't do that much and I don't think there are many instos here anyhow, too risky.
    The momentum is insane and I really can't make heads or tails out of this ATM.

Now this might sound a bit unbelievable, but I don't actually care what BTC is worth and there are a lot of more hardcore crypto 'geeks' who think similar. There could be a few actual big players in that group.
    I am just not going to sell for FIAT. If it falls back to 2k so be it, one day it might be 45K.
    The reason: I never converted a single dollar to BTC and I don't think I will ever transfer any to FIAT. I use it to barter for goods and trade it against other Altcoins, thus make more when I get it right.
    That is why it can not be really compared to shares on a stock market.
    It is digital gold. People don't normally sell physical gold either, they hoard it and don't look at the gold price every day.
    It is nice to hoard stuff that is limited.

...of course I still look
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 07-12-17 at 11:06 PM.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Bitcoin, like gold is worth absolutely nothing...................until you want to sell it.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Premium Member
    Thanks

I actually like that people are using FIAT currency to buy BTC.
    Just shows what people think of Banks, Bank Reporting, Fees, ASX rules and so on.

The way i see it, most people are putting their trust BTC and Block Chain system, then there are others just jumping onboard because of the media hype.

All i can say is, those Mega Mining Ops in Iceland and China and Russia must be making Billions!!!!
    It could be seen as an "Airplane Scam".... but i think it has worth, and that worth is everything i just mentioned above.

People are sick and tired of reporting systems, your money is not safe in our AU Banks, or any bank.
    Im not saying its safe in a Crypto, but risk is about the same in my eyes.
    Last edited by ol' boy; 08-12-17 at 11:33 AM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    Bitcoin, like gold is worth absolutely nothing...................until you want to sell it.
    If Gold is worth nothing then what is FIAT worth, less than nothing?
    Over time the FIAT value could be seen that way due to the inbuilt eternal inflation, while 6000 years ago the value of one ounce of Gold provided you with high class attire, just as it does today.

Gold and BTC do have worth.
    A lot of work and effort goes into finding and mining Gold.
    A lot of energy (and expense) goes into mining BTC.
    Both are limited.
    FIAT is not, and requires the effort of a few mouse clicks from a central bank to create.

People think they are smart when they say: you can't eat and drink Gold, I say they are not.
    Nature provides food and water for it's inhabitants for free!
    At some stage some greedy(and also clever) humans thought it would be a great idea to create something of 'worth' and use it to swap against the free food.
    All the other humans decided to do other things to get these things of 'worth' and not bother about gathering/growing the free food any more.

What was required was a definition of this new created worth and the general trust in it's value. Originally was shells, and seeds that were hard to find then later Gold and other precious metals and gems.

This all went well until Ubersmart governments invented FIAT that was not backed by a commodity of value.
    Because these governments decide what FIAT is 'worth' (so actually not a free market) and many people lately are losing trust in their governments, they are also increasingly losing trust in FIAT.

You can read all you like about the many 'reasons' why BTC is exploding, I will stand firmly by my conclusion that the only real reason is Trump.

The only real risk for BTC I see is if all major governments combined find a way to ban/block all exchanges like China, but some look like they are supporting it.
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 08-12-17 at 12:51 PM.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

im glad i never got round to spending mine, finally found the usb stick, along with some whiteys, in my sock drawer of all places.......

So where's the best place to sell them, without getting ripped off ?
    Last edited by hoe; 08-12-17 at 07:35 PM.

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

Cheers, Tiny
    "You can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think? If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem.

Thanks

First two links are paywalled.
    The last one deals with a small list of Altcoins that the Author finds noteworthy.

Basically ALL Altcoins have benefitted from the Bitcoin pump.
    It is not that BTC went up and all the others down but the relative trading value between the Altcoins and BTC stays roughly the same like it was when BTC was for example only $600 worth.
    ANYBODY can make a coin.
    The code is on Github, just steal clone it and rename a few things, make a site to publish it and the wallets, provide a few nodes, maybe a mining pool and you got your coin.
    I know an exchange that will even list your coin too, but I don't want to encourage that because they have WAY too many Altcoins already, and that is the big problem I see.
    This is REALLY money for nothing that can inflate ad absurdum.
    When the people finally figure that out....
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 14-12-17 at 04:41 PM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Tiny (14-12-17)

Crazy Diamond
    Thanks

yeah the articles are pay walled, however the jist of it is that the current exponential rise in the crypto-currencies is due to the individuals in the Asian market flooding in to get on the train, but the South Korean Gov't is going to impose some taxes & rules to curb the enthusiasm, which could cause a small dip in price when they have to sell out, then if the other Asian Gov's follow suit, a large dip is possible when the rest of the Asians sell out.
    That dip could be big enough to cause a sell down run, bursting the bubble.
    Cheers, Tiny

• The Following User Says Thank You to Tiny For This Useful Post:

Uncle Fester (14-12-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
    yeah the articles are pay walled, however the jist of it is that the current exponential rise in the crypto-currencies is due to the individuals in the Asian market flooding in to get on the train, but the South Korean Gov't is going to impose some taxes & rules to curb the enthusiasm, which could cause a small dip in price when they have to sell out, then if the other Asian Gov's follow suit, a large dip is possible when the rest of the Asians sell out.
    That dip could be big enough to cause a sell down run, bursting the bubble.

Your fundamentals make sense however it could also go the other way.
    China has already a total ban on Bitcoin and other Crypto(which might not stop a few clever ones using tunneled VPNs) but if any opinions (or insider knowledge) on Forbes has any merit then this ban may be lifted and an inrush of the largest Asian population could pump Bitcoin and other crypto to the moon:

That is ONLY an opinion!

However I would say the more Governments try to curb investors, the more the free thinking people will want to oppose government control and seek ways to bypass that control. That was the whole point of crypto and the reason why it was not a fad or scam in the first place, although there are lot of scams are going on right now baiting the gullible.
    I get scammed almost daily on all my email adresses: "Become a Bitcoin millionaire!" and they even have road shows in our local RSL baiting the elderly.

Then again they are probably in the club to chuck their leftover cash in the pokies anyhow, so that would be already a 50% better chance of earning with BTC
    As long as you have a small amount to play with and you have the the disiplin to stick to that amount then why not.
    Unfortunately most people lack that disciplin.

Thanks

tulips

Premium Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    im glad i never got round to spending mine, finally found the usb stick, along with some whiteys, in my sock drawer of all places.......

So where's the best place to sell them, without getting ripped off ?
    Plummet!!!!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Rick (22-12-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 3,471 Times in 1,531 Posts

Cash and burn, like I said from the start, just a glorified pyramid scheme

Premium Member
    Thanks

A 'bit' of a correction going on with all cryptos just now and some down by more than 30% and still falling
    I hope no-one here mortgaged their house to buy in recently O_o

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,596 Times in 1,948 Posts

Plummet!!!!
    I bought them years ago to buy stuff off the web....
    Not as an investment, who would have thought the value would go up......

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast