Thread: optical Filterfor an Cam w/o IR Filter

Banned
    Thanks

Default optical Filterfor an Cam w/o IR Filter

So... I asked in many different Forum include an Cam Forum but nobody knows...
    I have an Cam who have no IR Filter it is some special one. The difference between the other on the Marked the have an IR Filter in.
    So what makes IR so Special? Simple answer because we as a human cant see IR Light.
    Does anyone here play around with IR?

Now I looking for an Optical Filter who block everything out than (near) IR Light.
    Can someone recommend any from ebay? The major Problem the Lens system is just 1cm in diameter so a 10cm Filter is useless.
    THX

Look Here ->
    Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 15,066 Times in 6,761 Posts

I'm really beginning to think you're just a forum troll.

You even admit to posting in numerous forums.... and I've seen the trail.

So many different threads... so much crap.

You keep asking the same questions over and over, when answers have been provided numerous times.

Many answers are easily found using any search engine.

Eg: in this instance, if you have questions about this product... contact the manufacturer.

I strongly suggest you follow through with only one subject at a time, as you appear to have difficulty comprehending the help you receive.

Banned
    Thanks

So i got different Wavelength Filter from "Zomei" on Ebay.
    The cost me arround 6€ - 7€ each. It will be interesting how to get it mount.

Does anyone know if the distance between the lens and the filter is important?
    Many answers are easily found using any search engine.
    I found no one who use this Camera Module before.
    if you have questions about this product... contact the manufacturer.
    lol? The sell the product how it is. No support for anything. I got many products from that Company and I know how the works. If the product fit in your solution good if not search for another....

I got not answer from an Photographic Community the lought about my "USB Webcam". Sure in direct comparison with an professional Canon or what ever the quality is bad but it work.
    So I have no clue where the Webcam Photo Geek are? Do you know a Forum? I dont.

I also dont know if someone here is interested in IR Phonographic.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Your problem is that you do not specify exactly what iti is you are working with, or what you are trying to achieve. Generic questions can only give generic answers. Be specific. : i.e. I have brand xyz camera with an abc lens and am looking for a filter for it. I've never had problems finding filters for my Camera when I search with the exact criteria.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

Your problem is that you do not specify exactly what iti is you are working with
    This is the cam module:
    or what you are trying to achieve.
    play arround and see what is possible to do with a cam module like this.
    And this is one of the Ebay Filter: 311586804347
    I tried the Cam Module out some Minutes before and the IR Light dedection is great. So if it work with the Filter I would looking further for an Night vision for your House.
    But that require to get the filter mount in front of the lens and geht the cam in B/W Mode.
    The support from the Company answer me:
    Der SCCB ist ein seriell arbeitendes 3x Kanal Bussystem
    EN: the SCCB is a serial 3x Channel Bus.
    And trout that Bus I can control the cam (who i still know) and the dont provide an software.

So I read the Manual:
    who say there is an Connection for that Bus but the PCB dont have any Pins beside of the USB Plug.
    So I asked the Company (again) who to get access to the Bus.
    The Manual is amazing!
    UV average
    The main function of the UV average is to average the U/V channel value using special filters.
    what does it mean? I know the Sensor receipt Light outside of the Human Eye Range (like IR) does it have a Mode who is possible to get UV Light to?
    (5.10 UV adjust)

I am not total finish with the Manual.

EDIT:
    0x3A00
    AEC CTRL00
    0x78
    RW
    AEC System Control (0: disable; 1: enable)
    Bit[7]:
    Debug mode
    Bit[6]:
    Less one line enable
    Bit[5]:
    Band function enable
    Bit[4]:
    Less 1 band enable
    Bit[3]:
    Start selection
    Bit[2]:
    Night mode
    Bit[1]:
    New balance function
    Bit[0]:
    Freeze
    Last edited by MyUserName; 17-08-17 at 12:52 AM.

Banned
    Thanks

So I got an Mail from the Company. The used "Active WebCam". I downloaded the Trial Software and I am disappointed. There Is no way to send the Commands into the Cam.

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MyUserName View Post
    So I got an Mail from the Company. The used "Active WebCam". I downloaded the Trial Software and I am disappointed. There Is no way to send the Commands into the Cam.
    That appears to be your answer right there. If the company don't support it, what hope has anyone else got? FWIW I am not au fait with the technology that you are playing with, so I shall bow out now.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Banned
    Thanks

The Company answer me I can use the SCCB interfac. And I should looking for "webcam uvc". Google give me over many pages just Information to alternative Driver.
    And I should use "Active WebCam" but the dont support to send Commands into the Cam.
    I believe there are some Special Test Equipment tool who is maybe public but it is the needle in a haystack.
    For example there is a software who allow everyone to Adjust/ Manipulate/... a Display troth the normal Display Cable (who use a Bus System to).
    normally you never know about the Software or find it even when you search for them.
    So in my Case its the same hopefully someone who deal with the Cam Stuff know a Software who allow me to send commands in.