Thread: 2 hrs of 'Home Shopping' in the middle of the day instead of the movie is RUBBISH

Thanks

Default 2 hrs of 'Home Shopping' in the middle of the day instead of the movie is RUBBISH

Why is it that whenever Ch9 has a movie scheduled for lunchtime (12pm or 1pm) Imparja South never shows it
    Instead - they insult our intelligence by screening 2 hrs of ads ie Home Shopping (or sometimes extra Ellen Degeneres show)

Look Here ->
    Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 3,806 Times in 2,525 Posts

This variation is the same in regional areas where Terrestrial FTA is received, not only on VAST.
    For some reason after midnight, the Regional broadcaster chooses to run other programs than that shown on the Metropolitian channals.
    Money has to be the reason for doing so, ie, its cheaper than running what is on the Metro channel.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Messenger View Post
    Why is it that whenever Ch9 has a movie scheduled for lunchtime (12pm or 1pm) Imparja South never shows it
    Instead - they insult our intelligence by screening 2 hrs of ads ie Home Shopping (or sometimes extra Ellen Degeneres show)
    Its hard to believe they make money on home shopping ads....but obviously they do or they wouldnt pay for them.

Premium Member

Thanks

The only other "money spinner" I can see are those Holy Roller, Hell Fire and Brimstone tent show preachers that seem to never run out of ways of begging people to send them money.
    I stand unequivicably behind everything I say , I just dont ever remember saying it !!

• The Following User Says Thank You to gordon_s1942 For This Useful Post:

william10 (18-08-17)

Thanks

I swear that if I see another "Swifty Sweep" ad my brain will explode - how much does it cost to put an advert on VAST ? It must be 10c - how can these companies afford to play there adverts 50 times a night ?

• The Following User Says Thank You to thepitscars For This Useful Post:

eeprommemory (27-09-17)

Premium Member

Thanks

I think its safe to assume the Networks have a vested interest in these Shopping and so called Infomercial Channels otherwise they wouldnt go near them.
    Watch the regional version of the Networks and its not uncommon to see the same advert sometimes repeated twice or shown once, then another addvert and then the first one repeated again.
    I have never bothered to count them but I am sure I have seen more than one 15 second advert repeated several times during the hour of a popular show.

Remember that Commercial TV is intended to run as many adverts as possible with irrelevant time wasting programing taking up the space they cant use for advertising.

Premium Member
    Thanks

The same goes for betting adds. They are so far out of control, I have almost worn out my mute button. Peak sport right now have 1-3 betting adds almost every add break. Totally over it.

I would rather have shopping channels as you know it's garbage for that 30min, but bettings adds ruin the sport or normal shows you actually want to watch.
    Last edited by Xplorer; 28-09-17 at 10:15 AM.

• The Following User Says Thank You to Xplorer For This Useful Post:

lsemmens (28-09-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by thepitscars View Post
    I swear that if I see another "Swifty Sweep" ad my brain will explode - how much does it cost to put an advert on VAST ? It must be 10c - how can these companies afford to play there adverts 50 times a night ?
    I know where I'd love to stuff the whole Kleva range...