Thread: Concept 4000 - Insight Pro - Users in Area

Thanks

Default Concept 4000 - Insight Pro - Users in Area

Hi all,

Is there a way to run a report on users currently in an area?

Have a concept 4000 with in and out readers to an area. The client wants to be able to run a report to see who is in that area at a given time. They had another company managing the system and the did not do it,so have asked us to get involved. I'm assuming it can't be done without advanced reports. Is this possible with Insight pro? Want to avoid purchasing advanced reports if possible. Are there any "unique" ways of programming the panel to achieve this?

Thanks

Look Here ->
    Thanks

Innerrange will squeeze every cent out of you every way possible, looks like it's not available on Pro, you'll have to pony up the ca$h

Thanks

Sorry folks, I disagree with the sentiment here.

Mikey has a client who clearly have a number of staff or visitors. They need to take safety seriously. This also involves spending money on doing so.

Inner Range couldn't innovate if they didn't make money. Every time I attend the Security Expo here and see the same archaic gear that was being sold ten years ago, this is exactly why. Because everyone is trying to compete on price rather than quality and pushing capability.

Yes, you probably could jury-rig something that would work, but when you're talking about, as I assume, a possible life-safety application (to wit a 'muster report') why would you cut corners?

Also Mikey, what's your time worth? It seems you are potentially subsidising an end-user.

Thanks

I agree with you Dan, and I love IR products.

However, their price point has been stagnant for 10+ years. While every other product has had some form of price reduction, IR has not moved and personally I find that disappointing. I'm sure they have made their return on investment and then some, so surely a small price drop to encourage people to buy license rather than trying to work around would be far more productive to increase sales. It's the same with their "remote access license" vs team viewer. While I will recommend the purchase of a license (small margins to be made by our company as well by selling licenses), but most IT staff install team viewer without prompting or suggestion, to try and see if it works.

I did let the customer know when we got involved that they may have to purchase advanced reports. But there is no harm in asking if anyone knows of a simple way to achieve it differently.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mikey View Post
    I agree with you Dan, and I love IR products.

However, their price point has been stagnant for 10+ years. .
    One might argue huge sections of the security industry continue to charge 1980s prices. "Dollar a day" anyone?

This stems from the fact nearly all security installers are selling exactly the same product purchased from exactly the same distributors and the only way many of them can compete is on price and nothing at all else.

I carry no brief for Inner Range but I can't help feeling that if they started discounting and reduced their company overheads you'd have posts here instead complaining that installers can't get good tech support. The other point needs to be made that much of this hardware has a long lifespan and the cost can be spread far further than plenty of other technology acquisition. You can see parallels in the home security space where people might argue over a few hundred bucks on a security system but wouldn't bat an eyelid paying $800 for a tap.

Thanks

Inner Range is trying to get every cent & something they have recently done makes me question what is going on.
    But I know the products have very good R&D and that cost money.
    The products last a long time & you can always have the part repaired for a reasonable price which I've done on items like expanders or keypads which have been installed outside etc.

This all started off restricting installer software with activation codes & if your like me I download things all the time and need to format my HHD.
    I don't feel like I should have to patch software if I'm a certified installer & waste my time just because I need to format my hhd.
    I know the argument about people installing installer software on customers pc to save the money etc but Pro has it's advantages which should be a good reason that Inner range should not penny pinch.
    If the installer wants problems with installing installer software on customers PC " Let hin have the problems for being a D*h"

At the end of the day any customer installing an Inner Range panel is paying the money to have good security, I'm sure the cost of Pro is not going to break the deal.

I just run older software I think V3.4? on my pc for my home panel