View Poll Results: How do you intend to vote in the same sex marriage postal vote?

Voters
158. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

49 31.01%
  • No.

96 60.76%
  • Will not be voting.

13 8.23%
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Same sex Marriage - Will you be voting Yes or No?

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I'll try and make it my last LOL for the day.

Received a wedding invitation.

No where on the entire invitation is the word Marriage or Wedding used.

Brides brother is gay.

A politically correct wedding invitation. Wow.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    I really don't care what they do but this is just ramming it down our throats.
    Gay sex will probably be compulsory under our next government, so your statement might actually be fact

I mentioned this topic in the gay marriage thread as I didnt see a thread about it....you might have to get more descriptive with your headings

Administrator

Thanks
    Thanked 2,531 Times in 1,138 Posts

Threads merged.

Administrator
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteOx View Post
    Threads merged.
    Glad you did it.......last time I tried one I merged them back to front and got the wrong title

LSemmens
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,061 Times in 3,338 Posts

Good excuse not to watch the NRL GF.
    I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message...

Thanks

You're not wrong about the music. They should be playing some pub rock at the GF. Not gay shit.

Can't speak for anywhere else but in Sydney it also seems to have taken over the radio playlists.. almost every station plays either girly shit or gay shit. The only rock station is mostly talk and hardly any plays music at all.

One notable exception is the old 3MP (1377am) in Melbourne that plays classic rock

• The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to exited For This Useful Post:

enf (05-10-17),shred (28-09-17),WhiteOx (29-09-17)

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,917 Times in 1,280 Posts

So Call me old fashioned but i beleave a marriage is between a Man and a Woman and you are born ether a Male or Female and that's who you are.

That's my rant.

SS Dave
    Death smiles at everyone. Grumpy old men smile back.

• The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SS Dave For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-09-17),enf (05-10-17),loopyloo (06-10-17),WhiteOx (29-09-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks

If they all want to be equal, then they can all compete on the same playing field. No Men's or Women's anything! Time was when the homosexual lobby was not interested in marriage citing it as an outdated institution. I did see an interesting article (can't recall where) that did highlight some of the issues regarding defacto relationships and homosexual couples. In one situation, the partner was not permitted to be listed as the partner on a death certificate because they were not married, despite living together for 20 odd years. Advanced care directives tend to ignore same sex partners if the other is in a condition to not speak for themselves. Apparently children who are living with a parent in such circumstances are also not accounted for if the natural parent dies, they are either made wards of the state or forced to move in with a "natural" relative, regardless of the circumstances. There are some areas that do need to be made more "inclusive".

Even my wife had problems when I was in a coma. My pay went into my bank account, and, although the staff in the bank branch knew us both well, by law, she could not access my account without a court order. Fortunately she remembered my pin number and was able to get money out of a hole in the wall. My employer just paid her cash until I was compos mentis again.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

DB44 (29-09-17),VroomVroom (30-09-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,151 Times in 689 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by admin View Post
    Gay sex will probably be compulsory under our next government, so your statement might actually be fact

I mentioned this topic in the gay marriage thread as I didnt see a thread about it....you might have to get more descriptive with your headings
    Made me chuckle the couple of times I saw mention of it being "rammed down throats" hahahaha...

Thanks

Essential survey from people who have already voted.

I'm surprised at the high % of YES voters in the over 55 demographic.

Interesting figure on the top right which says 5% of YES voters say marriage should not be allowed. Were they bullied or hypnotised or something?

Thanks

I voted yes. I'm surprised at the number of austech no voters but then I don't really know the austech demographic statistics. I just figured the more technically minded would be less likely to be religious and more open to change, of course neither of those is a requirement to be interested in this forum. You can also be religious and vote yes.
    Last edited by Sektor; 05-10-17 at 06:28 PM.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sektor For This Useful Post:

Neddie (05-10-17),poiuytrewq (05-10-17)

LSemmens
    Thanks

Those "statistics" are meaningless. How do the 5% of Yes voters say that they should not be allowed to marry and 1% of No voters say that they should be allowed to marry. Not to mention the fact that only 99% of yes voters and 93% of no voters along with 7% who prefer not to say said actually did say whether they should or should not marry.

Then the number of church goers that attend church at least once a month and those who attend less often, coupled with those who never attend church mean that 165% of yes voters answered one of those questions, 118% of No voters answered one of those questions and only 20% of prefer not to say voters answered.

• The Following User Says Thank You to lsemmens For This Useful Post:

Rick (05-10-17)

Thanks

Margin of error/trolls and it's possible for someone who voted in one poll to change their mind on another poll, who knows what they have read or heard since their initial vote.

It sure looks like a mistake with the church part of the poll. Did someone forget to disable the option to select multiple answers?

It also doesn't say the sample size.
    Last edited by Sektor; 05-10-17 at 08:18 PM.

Super Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 34,961 Times in 9,058 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    I voted yes. I'm surprised at the number of austech no voters but then I don't really know the austech demographic statistics. I just figured the more technically minded would be less likely to be religious and more open to change, of course neither of those is a requirement to be interested in this forum. You can also be religious and vote yes.
    Ummmm...why do you make the assumption that the "NO" voters are religious? The only thing I can surmise from a statement like that is that you didn't read the thread. Had you actually done so, you would realise that most, if not all, of the NO voters have a gazillion reasons that look beyond the superficial (where you seem to be), and are able to recognise other ramifications involving a whole plethora of potential problems.

Therefore a comment like that is absurd.....Atheists abound on this forum....
    The fact that there's a highway to hell and a stairway to heaven says a lot about the anticipated traffic flow.

Banned

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sektor View Post
    I don't really know the austech demographic statistics.
    You only need to read the posts in this forum to be able to come to a conclusion on that.

The words that spring to mind are:- Right Wing; Bigoted; Fascist; Homophobic; Misogynistic and Red Neck.

Not all fit those categories, but the ones who do are proud to be so identified. Those who don't will not be insulted because they know that it's not them and they know the others who are.

BTW I voted Yes

• The Following User Says Thank You to Neddie For This Useful Post:

poiuytrewq (05-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Ummmm...why do you make the assumption that the "NO" voters are religious? The only thing I can surmise from a statement like that is that you didn't read the thread. Had you actually done so, you would realise that most, if not all, of the NO voters have a gazillion reasons that look beyond the superficial (where you seem to be), and are able to recognise other ramifications involving a whole plethora of potential problems.
    I didn't make that assumption but it is a reason why many people vote no, so not being religious would have some impact on austech member voting.

Quote Originally Posted by enf View Post
    Atheists abound on this forum....
    I want to high five or cheer but that's more something that a gang/cult/religion might do :P

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neddie View Post
    You only need to read the posts in this forum to be able to come to a conclusion on that.

The words that spring to mind are:- Right Wing; Bigoted; Fascist; Homophobic; Misogynistic and Red Neck.

Not all fit those categories, but the ones who do are proud to be so identified. Those who don't will not be insulted because they know that it's not them and they know the others who are.

BTW I voted Yes
    And the words that spring to mind from your attitude are left wing, self-righteous, close-minded, bigoted, intolerant and hypocritical.

• The Following User Says Thank You to DB44 For This Useful Post:

enf (05-10-17)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DB44 View Post
    And the words that spring to mind from your attitude are left wing, self-righteous, close-minded, bigoted, intolerant and hypocritical.
    You fell into the trap 😂

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

In your mind, perhaps.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,661 Times in 724 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Neddie View Post

BTW I voted Yes

And similarly by reading the posts in this forum one can inescapably come to the conclusion that there are those who are totally incapable of considering alternative points of view, and who, in their myopic ignorance, resort to the application of childish and meaningless labels on those with whom they disagree.

• The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Thala Dan For This Useful Post:

DB44 (06-10-17),lsemmens (06-10-17)

• Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast