Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 41 to 54 of 54

Thread: Xiaomi Mi A1

  1. #41
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Looks utterly horrible

    You've only further confirmed everyones findings!
    Further describe your definition of horrible please.

    What type of photo test would you like to see?

    For the price it is not a Leica camera but does a decent job for the money and is a good value Smart phone. IMO



  • #42
    Senior Member
    oceanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,614
    Thanks
    6,230
    Thanked 7,247 Times in 3,846 Posts
    Rep Power
    3010
    Reputation
    120012

    Default

    Well, its takes a worse photo by at least 30% than my old Samsung S3 circa whatever year they came out.

    Blurry, No definition, and even worse when zoomed.
    What more is to say? If you cant see that with your own eyes, then i guess you'd be happy
    (If you would like to see some good photos taken by a smartphone, have a look at admins pics in his Tassie thread from a SG Note4)

    Redmi Note 4 is the same, takes terrible photos
    Which i mentioned in your thread, you said you would post some pics to show me it was good, you never posted any pics at all

    I think we get it sail.
    They are an ok budget phone, but they whole range is let down in the Camera department
    And really, what would you expect at this price range.
    Last edited by oceanboy; 01-11-17 at 01:57 PM.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

  • #43
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Update:

    Nothing exciting to report other than it has been as good a phone as I expected it to be and been very happy with it. Including the camera. Although yet to do a video longer than a few seconds but without stabilisation I do not expect great video.


    Bought one of these covers in black and was so impressed just bought another in blue today.

    Slim Hybrid Clear Back Case For Xiaomi Mi A1 5X Shockproof Plating Bumper Cover
    AU $3.70 delivered
    eBay item number:122761197880

    Highly recommend this cover.
    Last edited by sail; 15-11-17 at 11:20 AM.

  • #44
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Just a pic of the cover I posted on yesterday and a cheaper red one received today.

    It is okay but the black with clear back is that good I ordered another one in blue.





  • #45
    Senior Member
    oceanboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    14,614
    Thanks
    6,230
    Thanked 7,247 Times in 3,846 Posts
    Rep Power
    3010
    Reputation
    120012

    Default

    At the price of these phones, when the internal memory fills up, just buy a new one
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

  • #46
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    At the price of these phones, when the internal memory fills up, just buy a new one
    Strange comment to say the least.
    Regardless of their bargain price just like one would do with a more expensive phone and download photos, videos and rubbish from it to free up space or change SD card.

  • The Following User Says Thank You to sail For This Useful Post:

    tristen (19-11-17)

  • 19-11-17, 01:36 AM


  • #47
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Prada View Post
    just bought one from aliexpress and happy to use it
    Phone or cover?

    If phone what did it cost and what do you think of it?

    Last edited by sail; 19-11-17 at 12:05 PM.

  • #48
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Boy this phone fluctuates in price. Worth waiting and shopping around...

    AUD$297.60


    AUD$352.83


    Yesterday received Android security patch level November 6, 2017 (488MB)

  • #49
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    142
    Thanks
    27
    Thanked 37 Times in 21 Posts
    Rep Power
    80
    Reputation
    601

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Boy this phone fluctuates in price. Worth waiting and shopping around...

    AUD$297.60


    AUD$352.83


    Yesterday received Android security patch level November 6, 2017 (488MB)
    It was $267 yesterday black Friday sales insane price for specs and clean android updated monthly and OREO by years end
    OK if you want better camera pay $1000+

  • #50
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costas60 View Post
    It was $267 yesterday black Friday sales insane price for specs and clean android updated monthly and OREO by years end
    OK if you want better camera pay $1000+
    Yes but that was for a 32GB model from memory and not the 64GB Xiaomi Mi A1.

    I have not been that impressed with Black Friday sales I must say.

    So far the A1's camera has been sufficient for my needs and when travelling will be carrying real photographic gear.

    All up this sub AUD$280 camera is a brilliant buy. Well so far it has been.


  • #51
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Today I received Android security patch level December 1, 2017 (155MB)

  • #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Today I received Android security patch level December 1, 2017 (155MB)

    OnePlus 5 getting official Android Oreo update now, Face Unlock coming later
    by Alex Wagner
    OnePlus 5 owners, OnePlus has a couple of holiday gifts for you.

    The OnePlus 5 is now receiving its first official Android Oreo update. This update is OxygenOS 5.0 and is based on Android 8.0. It includes a number of improvements in addition to Oreo, like the December 2017 security patches and a new Camera UI design.

    Cont...



    __________________________________________________

    My A1 getting it now! Just a further Dec Security Update but hopefully Oreo isn't that far off.

    Update still installing but only 63.4MB this time.

  • #53
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    OnePlus 5 getting official Android Oreo update now, Face Unlock coming later
    by Alex Wagner
    OnePlus 5 owners, OnePlus has a couple of holiday gifts for you.

    The OnePlus 5 is now receiving its first official Android Oreo update. This update is OxygenOS 5.0 and is based on Android 8.0. It includes a number of improvements in addition to Oreo, like the December 2017 security patches and a new Camera UI design.

    Cont...



    __________________________________________________

    My A1 getting it now! Just a further Dec Security Update but hopefully Oreo isn't that far off.

    Update still installing but only 63.4MB this time.

    Reports of others in Oz receiving Oreo update yesterday. Just checked mine at 10.04am this first day of the new year but nothing as yet.

  • #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    110
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 20 Times in 17 Posts
    Rep Power
    114
    Reputation
    410

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sail View Post
    Reports of others in Oz receiving Oreo update yesterday. Just checked mine at 10.04am this first day of the new year but nothing as yet.
    Finally it arrived about 2.30pm yesterday.
    Android version 8.0.0

    Phone seems sharper/crisper but probably no easily determinable difference as it was always pretty nifty.

  • Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •