Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rebel with a Cause

Commonly found in a pantry or the bottom of a fridge, searching for grains, fermented or distilled
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,421 Times in 2,522 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    Sorry gordon, we are just mere mortals.... I reckon $4.5Mil would see all of us here retired without a worry in the world

Pretty sure Gordon was talking about how far it would go towards helping the ever increasing numbers of unfortunate these days.

All of us here on the forum or lets just say the 100 most active users will certainly not be able to retire on $45,000

However $4.5mill would make a seriuos lump for the Australian Cancer Research foundation that survives solely from private donations.

On the other side to keep up the lifestyle, for the famous 4.5M is a joke, with the average divorce payments around 30M and marriages lasting only 1-6 months and if they don't get soon married again they are out of business because these magazines have no stories to write about them.
    Update: A deletion of features that work well and ain't broke but are deemed outdated in order to add things that are up to date and broken.
    Compatibility: A word soon to be deleted from our dictionaries as it is outdated.
    Humans: Entities that are not only outdated but broken... AI-self-learning-update-error...terminate...terminate...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Uncle Fester For This Useful Post:

Rick (16-09-17)

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lsemmens View Post
    The problem with any "public" figures (politicians included), there is always someone out there with an axe to grind.
    Very true.

Although I am certainly not famous, simply being a public figure (even a small one as a forum owner/administrator) means that you will end up with plenty of people that will do anything to cause you grief.

I still have to be careful as to what I post as we have a couple of people here that report me for anything they think they can get me in trouble for. A couple of examples - built a house and made some comments about the poor building quality standards by the builder. Anonymous Austech user immediately reports it to builder who demands take down or legal action for defamation. In another, a female called our home and asked for my wife. She then proceeded to tell her that she had been having an affair with me for the last few years. In another, comments I made about a product I bought were reported to the seller who then proceeded to add a complete webpage to his site about me, based on annonymous information provided to him. It included information he had received from Austech members that said I have "small mans syndrome". I am 6'3 so he must live in a tall world. I could go on for pages after 20 years of it.

Magazines and newspapers must be held to account because as you mentioned, there is always someone with an axe to grind and if they cant prove those allegations its nothing but slander and should be punished. As much as it can be hard to feel sorry for some stars (imagine feeling sorry for Russell Crowe ! ), they are entitled to not have to read outright bullshir and slander about themselves.

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,599 Times in 1,950 Posts

If you read the article, she has promised to donate it all to worthwhile causes, local charities and the afi.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk

Premium Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,460 Times in 5,194 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hoe View Post
    If you read the article, she has promised to donate it all to worthwhile causes, local charities and the afi.....

Sent from my LON-L29 using Tapatalk
    Not many bother to read the article.

She actually announced she would donate any compensation to charity well prior to winning the case.

Everyone's question now is.... As its such a large payout. Will she do it?

Personally stuff the charities!
    Why should she?
    She is clearly out of pocket from lost earnings, plus damages, plus costs (until reimbursed).
    She has earned every cent.
    If u want to go on an expedition get a Land Rover, if u want to come home from an expedition get a Landcruiser!

• The Following User Says Thank You to ol' boy For This Useful Post:

Tiny (18-09-17)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 726 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by oceanboy View Post
    She is clearly out of pocket from lost earnings, plus damages, plus costs (until reimbursed).
    She has earned every cent.
    Exactly. If she could prove that amount of loss on the balance of probabilities with evidence in Court, she may well have lost much more. Yes, she did promise to give it to charity, and it would be nice if she kept the promise, but I for one won't be too hard on her if she follows the example set by our politicians. After all, I'm sure it was not a core promise!

Administrator
    Thanks
    Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,823 Posts

I am a bit the same on this one.

Has anyone seen some of her previous pay packets for movies ? They were not big at all.

● Pitch Perfect: $US165,000 ($A206,719)
    ● Ice Age: Continental Drift: $US70,000 ($A87,699)
    ● What to Expect When You’re Expecting: $US75,000 ($A93,963)
    ● Bachelorette: $US45,000 ($A56,378)
    ● Struck By Lightning: $US20,000 ($A25,056)
    ● Small Apartments: $US5000 ($A6264)

She has had a couple of good ones, but more bad than good. I also wouldn't be condemning her if she pocketed a good chunk herself.

Premium Member

Thanks
    Thanked 2,104 Times in 1,050 Posts

Yep, read an article that it was pay out plus costs and she has asked for expressions of interest from charities, if the article is to be believed
    There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Madness"

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12